Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Canada is collapsing

Started by Anonymous, March 18, 2020, 03:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

States of emergency, mass unemployment, pension money wiped out. We are screwed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"States of emergency, mass unemployment, pension money wiped out. We are screwed.

It's almost guaranteed my husband will lose his job..

He can't even do residential electrical work because nobody wants people in their homes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles"Jesus.

Biggie, I'm scared..

Our mortgage is paid off, but we still have a lot of bills.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"States of emergency, mass unemployment, pension money wiped out. We are screwed.

It's almost guaranteed my husband will lose his job..

He can't even do residential electrical work because nobody wants people in their homes.

I am really sorry about that Fash.

Anonymous

The Canadian dollar is worth sixty eight cents US.

:shock:

Biggie Smiles

Biggie, I'm scared..

I hear you. Wish I could tell you everything is going to be ok but I just don't know. I would say just conserve your on hand cash for anything that is absolutely essential. Light, gas, food, etc. Ditch credit card payments and any other unsecured loans. They'll probably be forced to go on some type of deferred payment plan anyways if your government has any decency left

I just started a mortgage on a property purchased at nearly half a million. And I just lost over a quarter of a million so I understand the fear factor. I

Only saving grace is that I'm big on cash so I have a little over 50K in a safe deposit box for times like these. I've estimated about 20 months of no income will land me on a street corner holding a cup.  Everything else is tied up in investments and too far in the red to pull the trigger now and were it not for the daily margin calls chewing into my holdings I'd stay put and hope the storm passes.

Anonymous

I've been saving since I entered the work force, so has my husband..

But, most of our money is in RRSP's which I believe is like IRA's in the USA.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles"

Biggie, I'm scared..

I hear you. Wish I could tell you everything is going to be ok but I just don't know. I would say just conserve your on hand cash for anything that is absolutely essential. Light, gas, food, etc. Ditch credit card payments and any other unsecured loans. They'll probably be forced to go on some type of deferred payment plan anyways if your government has any decency left

I just started a mortgage on a property purchased at nearly half a million. And I just lost over a quarter of a million so I understand the fear factor. I

Only saving grace is that I'm big on cash so I have a little over 50K in a safe deposit box for times like these. I've estimated about 20 months of no income will land me on a street corner holding a cup.  Everything else is tied up in investments and too far in the red to pull the trigger now and were it not for the daily margin calls chewing into my holdings I'd stay put and hope the storm passes.

I know when a person's poor, America is a much tougher place to be than Canada.

They're really on their own in the States.

Government doesn't take care of them.

So having enough cash to survive the lean times is more important in America than Canada.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"

Biggie, I'm scared..

So having enough cash to survive the lean times is more important in America than Canada.

I read the emergency measures taken in Ottawa and Washington..

What specifically is Ottawa doing to help the coming millions of destitute people across North America that you say Washington isn't?

Anonymous

Biggie, I'm scared..

What specifically is Ottawa doing to help the coming millions of destitute people across North America that you say Washington isn't?

Maybe Trudeau is buying inflatable women for Canada's virgin senor population.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Biggie, I'm scared..

Maybe Trudeau is buying inflatable women for Canada's virgin senor population.

Every developed country is proposing the same measures to stop the looming depression. It's not working though. You can't shut down the world and expect everything to be normal. There's nothing normal(or rational) about shutting down the global economy for a flu bug anyway.

Anonymous

Biggie, I'm scared..

Every developed country is proposing the same measures to stop the looming depression. It's not working though. You can't shut down the world and expect everything to be normal. There's nothing normal(or rational) about shutting down the global economy for a flu bug anyway.

Anonymous

Then you can join Herman's western Canada session

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Biggie, I'm scared..

Kinda what happened during the Great Depression, Shen.

The economy contracted by 35%. Unemployment went up to 25-30%.

The economy of the day appeared to 'shut down' for 3-4 years and didn't fully recover 10 years later til World War II or 1940.

So when the economy slides  or contracts like that, it takes a long time to come back.

...and we're just the beginning of this (D)ecession (?)

A daily diary of this sliding economy will reveal the extent of the carnage which is to come.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview