The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

The Samurai vs the Mongols

Started by Gary Oak, October 19, 2012, 01:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Gary Oak"
Quote from: "Zetsu"So far I've counter all your bullshit Gary, yet you still continue to argue with simple lame child like sentences rather than providing any sources to back up your claims

You have countered with BS.  For example ;Romans used their rectangular shields to block arrows as they moved closer and as I mentioned earlier that long bows have greater range than cross bows and this is why the Brits consistantly defeated the French. You really don't know much of European history do you or the Romans. Are you going to tell me that China conquered Russia too ? You know your king Ghengis Khan ?

Then counter it with logic instead of just whining.

So what does this has against the Han crossbow's superiority over Roman legionary soldiers?
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: "Gary Oak"If these posters are not chinese then how well do these people posting understand China ? If they are Chinese then welll.....you know... CHina great foreigners are evil and bad  but please let me live in your country as it is so much better than China

Do you have proof they're Chinese instead of just spewing more childish nonsense?

Gary Oak

I have told you already that the rectangular shields worked very effectively against arrows. You really know nothing about the Romans do you ? I was fascinated with the Roman empire when I was a boy so I do know this topic quite well.

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Zetsu"[quote

Do you have proof they're Chinese?

You didn't post the entire post ...very sly...naturally ... but BRILLIANT  :lol:  Here is yet another example of what I have posted many times. When a chinese guy says " DO YOU HAVE PROOF ?" this just means that he knows it's true and is trying to be clever thinking that white people are too stupid to understand them and too morally superior to believe it.

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Gary Oak"If these posters are not chinese then how well do these people posting understand China ? If they are Chinese then welll.....you know... CHina great foreigners are evil and bad  but please let me live in your country as it is so much better than China

Brilliant  :lol:   Here is what I said. Now thanks for asking for proof. As I have posted many times. When a chinese guy asks for proof he merely knows that he is wrong and thnks that all white people are too stupid to understand how decietful and sly chinese guys are and too morally superior to believe it. Not all white guys are like Romero.

Here is what I really posted :lol:

Zetsu

Brilliant  :lol:   Here is what I said. Now thanks for asking for proof. As I have posted many times. When a chinese guy asks for proof he merely knows that he is wrong and thnks that all white people are too stupid to understand how decietful and sly chinese guys are and too morally superior to believe it. Not all white guys are like Romero.

You didn't post the entire post ...very sly...naturally ... but BRILLIANT  :lol:  Here is yet another example of what I have posted many times. When a chinese guy says " DO YOU HAVE PROOF ?" this just means that he knows it's true and is trying to be clever thinking that white people are too stupid to understand them and too morally superior to believe it.

I'm asking for proof Gary, not bullshit.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Gary Oak"I have told you already that the rectangular shields worked very effectively against arrows. You really know nothing about the Romans do you ? I was fascinated with the Roman empire when I was a boy so I do know this topic quite well.

but that doesn't mean they're effective against Han crossbows...

"And as Anna Comnene showed, just the foot drawn type was already strong enough to pierce through breastplate, shield, and helmets. Also, the greater draw length of Han foot crossbows would diminish the advantage of greater draw strength for winched arbalests.

Hard history already showed that using winched arbalests against Romans would be somewhat of an overkill. This is because we can see that Parthian bows used for cavalry archers (likely no more than 60 lbs) could already tear through Roman shields at close range. Han crossbows of 387 lbs should be not a problem: Thus many died, and the survivors also were incapacitated for fighting. And when Publius urged them to charge the enemy's mail-clad horsemen, they showed him that their hands were riveted to their shields and their feet nailed through and through to the ground, so that they were helpless either for flight or for self-defence. -Plutarch"

By HackneyedScribe

http://www.historum.com/games/44519-roman-empire-vs-han-china-8.html">http://www.historum.com/games/44519-rom ... ina-8.html">http://www.historum.com/games/44519-roman-empire-vs-han-china-8.html

Anonymous

My husband would have an interest in this topic.

I don't have anything to contribute though...sorry.

:(

Zetsu

That's ok Fashionsta, you shouldn't have to say sorry.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"That's ok Fashionsta, you shouldn't have to say sorry.

Nice to meet you Zetsu and thank you.

Zetsu

A lot of the youths in China today aren't much interested in their history anymore, but then it's always better to focus on current matters than cling onto past glory.

Securious

if you don't know your history you are destined to repeat your past fate. How can you appreciate your future if you don't know your past...I disagree. Those that do know make for sound decisions and better leaders later..thereby putting beter quality food on the table.

Gary Oak

It's amazing how few Canadians know Canadian history.

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Zetsu"

I'm asking for proof Gary, not bullshit.

None of this I posted is bullshit and you know it

Securious

Gary a little less poking fun of Zetsu. it only causes like responses. I say this in all humility as I know as do many others that we all could use this advise. On this thread tread sensitively allowing for mutual respect, same for Zetsu too.