The best topic

Replies: 10340
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:33:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Prince Charles has also tested positive for the coronavirus

Started by Anonymous, March 25, 2020, 11:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Oak"

Only about 60% of the country hate the president at any given time.  And our presidents have power, the monarch has none.

Absolutely untrue...

NONE of the Commonwealth countries or the UK can go to war UNLESS the Queen signs off on it...

If that isn't power, I don't know what is...

Sad you get your misinformation from the press rather than the actual law.

That hasn't been the case since the Statute of Westminster of 1931.

That isn't true so I don't know what you been reading but no one can move a soldier anywhere unless the Queen signs for it. That is the actual facts...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declarations_of_war_by_Great_Britain_and_the_United_Kingdom">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declarati ... ed_Kingdom">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declarations_of_war_by_Great_Britain_and_the_United_Kingdom

Declarations of war by Great Britain and the United Kingdom

A declaration of war is a formal declaration issued by a national government indicating that a state of war exists between that nation and another. In the United Kingdom, only the monarch has the power to declare war and peace, under the royal prerogative.[1] There have been no declarations of war since the Second World War, though British Armed Forces have taken part in armed conflict on numerous occasions nonetheless.

There has been a long-running debate[2][3] regarding whether Parliament alone should have the power to declare war and more widely to commit British forces to armed conflict. This was attempted (to the limited extent of possible war against Iraq) in 1999 with the introduction of the Military Action Against Iraq (Parliamentary Approval) Bill. However Queen Elizabeth II, acting upon the advice of her government at the time, refused to grant her consent[4] to allow the bill to be debated in Parliament and so it was dropped (Queen's Consent was needed before debate could take place because the bill affected the royal prerogative).[4] The Constitutional Reform and Governance Act 2010 originally included a section that would have required Parliamentary approval for use of the armed forces, but this was dropped from the bill before royal assent.

Read more at the link I provided.

And as I said, the Commonwealth military belong to the Crown and they cannot move unless she agrees and signs.

That is true but she never goes against a parliament

After Germany invaded Poland on September 1, 1939, the United Kingdom and France declared war on September 3.[2][3] To assert Canada's independence from the UK, as already established by the Statute of Westminster 1931, Canada's political leaders decided to seek the approval of the federal parliament to declare war.[1][2][4][5] Parliament was not scheduled to return until October 2, but returned to session early on September 7 to consider the declaration of war.[2][3][4][5][6]

On September 9, the House of Commons and Senate approved authorization for a declaration of war. The Cabinet then drafted an Order in Council to that effect. On September 10, Vincent Massey, Canada's High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, brought the document to King George VI, at the Royal Lodge, Windsor Great Park, for his signature,[7][8] whereupon Canada had officially declared war on Germany.[2][3][4][5][6][9] In his capacity as the government's official recorder for the war effort, Leonard Brockington noted][11][12]

Australia voted to have the Queen as our Head Of State. I don't know anything about Canada's stand with the Monarch and whether you have independence.

The original comment I made was that the Queen owns the military and no one in the Commonwealth can go to war without her signing off on it. That makes her the most powerful person in the world... and she certainly does deny parliament from time to time if you read my last post.

Here it is again, "There has been a long-running debate[2][3] regarding whether Parliament alone should have the power to declare war and more widely to commit British forces to armed conflict. This was attempted (to the limited extent of possible war against Iraq) in 1999 with the introduction of the Military Action Against Iraq (Parliamentary Approval) Bill. However Queen Elizabeth II, acting upon the advice of her government at the time, refused to grant her consent[4] to allow the bill to be debated in Parliament and so it was dropped (Queen's Consent was needed before debate could take place because the bill affected the royal prerogative).".

You see, most people want to think of the Monarch as some type decoration when she is anything but a decoration.

She swore to serve her nation/s until her death and she is head of the Church of England.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Oak"

Only about 60% of the country hate the president at any given time.  And our presidents have power, the monarch has none.

Absolutely untrue...

NONE of the Commonwealth countries or the UK can go to war UNLESS the Queen signs off on it...

If that isn't power, I don't know what is...

Sad you get your misinformation from the press rather than the actual law.

That hasn't been the case since the Statute of Westminster of 1931.

That isn't true so I don't know what you been reading but no one can move a soldier anywhere unless the Queen signs for it. That is the actual facts...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declarations_of_war_by_Great_Britain_and_the_United_Kingdom">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declarati ... ed_Kingdom">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declarations_of_war_by_Great_Britain_and_the_United_Kingdom

Declarations of war by Great Britain and the United Kingdom

A declaration of war is a formal declaration issued by a national government indicating that a state of war exists between that nation and another. In the United Kingdom, only the monarch has the power to declare war and peace, under the royal prerogative.[1] There have been no declarations of war since the Second World War, though British Armed Forces have taken part in armed conflict on numerous occasions nonetheless.

There has been a long-running debate[2][3] regarding whether Parliament alone should have the power to declare war and more widely to commit British forces to armed conflict. This was attempted (to the limited extent of possible war against Iraq) in 1999 with the introduction of the Military Action Against Iraq (Parliamentary Approval) Bill. However Queen Elizabeth II, acting upon the advice of her government at the time, refused to grant her consent[4] to allow the bill to be debated in Parliament and so it was dropped (Queen's Consent was needed before debate could take place because the bill affected the royal prerogative).[4] The Constitutional Reform and Governance Act 2010 originally included a section that would have required Parliamentary approval for use of the armed forces, but this was dropped from the bill before royal assent.

Read more at the link I provided.

And as I said, the Commonwealth military belong to the Crown and they cannot move unless she agrees and signs.

That is true but she never goes against a parliament

After Germany invaded Poland on September 1, 1939, the United Kingdom and France declared war on September 3.[2][3] To assert Canada's independence from the UK, as already established by the Statute of Westminster 1931, Canada's political leaders decided to seek the approval of the federal parliament to declare war.[1][2][4][5] Parliament was not scheduled to return until October 2, but returned to session early on September 7 to consider the declaration of war.[2][3][4][5][6]

On September 9, the House of Commons and Senate approved authorization for a declaration of war. The Cabinet then drafted an Order in Council to that effect. On September 10, Vincent Massey, Canada's High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, brought the document to King George VI, at the Royal Lodge, Windsor Great Park, for his signature,[7][8] whereupon Canada had officially declared war on Germany.[2][3][4][5][6][9] In his capacity as the government's official recorder for the war effort, Leonard Brockington noted][11][12]

Australia voted to have the Queen as our Head Of State. I don't know anything about Canada's stand with the Monarch and whether you have independence.

The original comment I made was that the Queen owns the military and no one in the Commonwealth can go to war without her signing off on it. That makes her the most powerful person in the world... and she certainly does deny parliament from time to time if you read my last post.

Here it is again, "There has been a long-running debate[2][3] regarding whether Parliament alone should have the power to declare war and more widely to commit British forces to armed conflict. This was attempted (to the limited extent of possible war against Iraq) in 1999 with the introduction of the Military Action Against Iraq (Parliamentary Approval) Bill. However Queen Elizabeth II, acting upon the advice of her government at the time, refused to grant her consent[4] to allow the bill to be debated in Parliament and so it was dropped (Queen's Consent was needed before debate could take place because the bill affected the royal prerogative).".

You see, most people want to think of the Monarch as some type decoration when she is anything but a decoration.

She swore to serve her nation/s until her death and she is head of the Church of England.

Then she must have signed of Australia's decision to go to war in Vietnam even though the British refused

caskur

Our military HMAS belong to the Queen

HMAS, Her Majestys Australian Service. If they petitioned to go, she would have to grant and obviously she did... A token Service compared to the USA men sacrificed.

I met a Scotsman who went to Viet Nam... Plenty of British ex-servicemen volunteered in Aus and NZ to go to Viet Nam. Over 20,000.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Our military HMAS belong to the Queen

HMAS, Her Majestys Australian Service. If they petitioned to go, she would have to grant and obviously she did... A token Service compared to the USA men sacrificed.

I met a Scotsman who went to Viet Nam... Plenty of British ex-servicemen volunteered in Aus and NZ to go to Viet Nam. Over 20,000.

More than a million gooks died and the country was impoverished for decades so the Soviets couldn't capitalise on it

Odinson

The Queen still has a lot of power..

She is the supreme leader of the military.

Its only thought of as ceremonial because she is not using these powers...

But they are not ceremonial on paper..

caskur

Quote from: "Odinson"The Queen still has a lot of power..

Someone who gets it.

Well done.

ac_drinks
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Someone who gets it.

Well done.

ac_drinks

Why the loyalty to the queen, do you know you are supposed to bow or curtsey in front of her, I wouldn't, I bow to no one

Anonymous

She has a ceremonial role in the UK, but not in the commonwealth. Canada did not need nor seek approval from the King to declare war on Germany in 1939. Canada's independence to declare war was established by the Statute of Westminster of 1931. It domestic law in Australia and Canada.

caskur

Someone who gets it.

Well done.

ac_drinks

Why the loyalty to the queen, do you know you are supposed to bow or curtsey in front of her, I wouldn't, I bow to no one

I'm a Royalist. I highly respect the Queen.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Someone who gets it.

Well done.

ac_drinks

Why? I thought you were German anyway

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"She has a ceremonial role in the UK, but not in the commonwealth. Canada did not need nor seek approval from the King to declare war on Germany in 1939. Canada's independence to declare war was established by the Statute of Westminster of 1931. It domestic law in Australia and Canada.

Aw, so we can declare war on China for this deliberate attack on us  on our own.

Oh, right, Juntine XI
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"She has a ceremonial role in the UK, but not in the commonwealth. Canada did not need nor seek approval from the King to declare war on Germany in 1939. Canada's independence to declare war was established by the Statute of Westminster of 1931. It domestic law in Australia and Canada.

Aw, so we can declare war on China for this deliberate attack on us  on our own.

Oh, right, Juntine XI

Justin has surrendered unconditionally. Same with Joe Biden.

Anonymous

Maybe in the middle ages the monarch had absolute power but since Oliver Cromwell parliament has absolute power, so the permission from the monarch is cerimonial and they wouldn't dare deny the democratically elected parliament if it wanted to go to war

caskur

Someone who gets it.

Well done.

ac_drinks

Why? I thought you were German anyway

My surname is Austrian from marriage not birth...

But every ancestor came from the UK except one great grandmother's surname was Jose, (Spanish).
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Guest"Maybe in the middle ages the monarch had absolute power but since Oliver Cromwell parliament has absolute power, so the permission from the monarch is cerimonial and they wouldn't dare deny the democratically elected parliament if it wanted to go to war

lol, dream on.
- Andy Warhol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview