News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Stating the Forgotten Obvious - Lock-down Greatly Increases Female & Child Abuse

Started by cc, March 22, 2020, 01:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

I let my children decide what they want to do even if I may not be for it as long as I see that they are truly happy to do what they choose to do. I do not want them to follow my example. I did what my elders insisted that I pursue so I wasted my time in an area I had no interest in. That is the old backwards way. I never want them to do the same thing.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I let my children decide what they want to do even if I may not be for it as long as I see that they are truly happy to do what they choose to do. I do not want them to follow my example. I did what my elders insisted that I pursue so I wasted my time in an area I had no interest in. That is the old backwards way. I never want them to do the same thing.

We are paying for our daughter's university education, so we had a say in what program she studied.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I let my children decide what they want to do even if I may not be for it as long as I see that they are truly happy to do what they choose to do. I do not want them to follow my example. I did what my elders insisted that I pursue so I wasted my time in an area I had no interest in. That is the old backwards way. I never want them to do the same thing.

We are paying for our daughter's university education, so we had a say in what program she studied.

I do not agree. I think each student going to school should pursue what they want to do, after all, they will be the ones who will suffer if it turns out not to be their passion or desire. Anyway, what others do is not my business.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

I underscore the fact that it is very important to be happy at your job. I hear so many people bitch about their jobs. I cannot stand it. That is too bad. Just do it. If you don't like it, find something else.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

I do not agree. I think each student going to school should pursue what they want to do, after all, they will be the ones who will suffer if it turns out not to be their passion or desire. Anyway, what others do is not my business.

Than they should not expect their parents to pay for it. Transgender studies for example.

cc

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-poses-risk-relapse-among-individuals-recovery-expert-says">Coronavirus causing rise in drug, alcohol relapses among people in recovery, expert says

As the nation gets more stringent about non-essential travel and bans on group gatherings to slow the spread of coronavirus, one expert says the pandemic may result in an unintended rise in drug and alcohol relapses among those who are in recovery.

"Yes, we are already starting to see an increase in relapses," Dayry Hulkow, M.S., a primary therapist at Arete Recovery, a Delphi Behavioral Health Group facility, told Fox News.

Mental health professionals have recently been speaking out about different ways to cope with isolation and anxiety regarding COVID-19, which can also act as triggers for those in recovery, especially when coupled with canceled Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings.

"Social support and active involvement in the program both play a huge role in recovery," Hulkow said. "In the absence of these, 'isolation' and 'emotional distress' can be significant 'triggers' to relapse. Feelings of depression, anxiety, fear, uncertainty, loneliness and boredom can easily escalate particularly during this time."
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell