Last post: Today at 01:32:42 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Health professor: Corona hysteria doing more damage than epidemic

Started by Gaon, April 10, 2020, 10:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

caskur

Quote from: "cc"On another argument, lock down or not, Rand Paul, someone I often see as voice of wisdom just said something that made me angry

He said, "So, they closed down California for 500 deaths"

What a gross distortion of fact - Yes, they had 500 deaths  .. BECAUSE they shut down very early FFS.

NY has 8,000 and rising because they were slow to shut down for example

People don't get it - if no shutdowns, health care will be totally overwhelmed (by a factor of multiples in fact .. like x2, x3,x4 etc) and be able to help few to none

As to what happens when things open up - I'm not optimistic ...  may mean a great many cases and "here we go again"

It'll take awhile for it to sink into people's heads, the world as we knew it is gone for awhile. (Hopefully just awhile and not forever)

I had a nighmare the other day, I dreamt I was trying to feed 9 people on two cans of soup...

Every border inside every border should be locked down.

Our authorities are happy our graph is flattening but very worried about complacency.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

cc

Relevant point of interest as to why US shut Down drastically

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fauci-coronavirus-mitigation-programs-models-china-italy">Dr. Fauci says coronavirus toll in China, Italy -- not models -- forced 'strong mitigation programs' in US

Coronavirus task force member Dr. Anthony Fauci told "The Story with Martha MacCallum" Friday that he has always been skeptical of models projecting the toll of the coronavirus pandemic in the United States.

"Models are only as good as the assumptions that you put into the model," Fauci. "And those assumptions that start off when you don't have very much data at all, or the data you have is uncertain, then you put these assumptions in and you get these wide ranges of calculations of what might happen."

"But then as you start to accumulate data, [...] that's real data likely being influenced heavily by the mitigation programs that you put in the physical separations, when real data comes in, then data in my mind always trumps any model," Fauci added.

Fauci made it clear that the early modeling wasn't the reason for "strong mitigation programs," but rather the high death tolls in China and Italy, two of the nations hardest-hit by the virus.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

This is the West's first real pandemic, so they weren't as sure of what to do as some of China's neighbours..

This pandemic will flare up again..

Hopefully, the response is not another total shutdown.

Gaon

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"Remember that the virus can bring on heart problems along with many other problems .. so I'll argue that they are not perverting the count in those situations

If they listed it as heart, then they are kidding themselves as to the deadliness of the virus

In fact, there is technically 0 death by virus - all are do to items brought on by the virus ... lungs being main one, heart and other items

Now, if it was someone coming in the door with heart problem and died and not virus positive, I suspect it is not counted as virus ... so I don't buy the central  argument, although I have heard it said a lot

As I understand it, even if a person is asymptomatic, but dies, the coronavirus is listed as the cause of death.

It seems the left in America wants the death rolls to appear larger than they are, so they can extend the government mandated recession. COVID-19 is doing what they could not with climate alarmism: destroy Western capitalism.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"Remember that the virus can bring on heart problems along with many other problems .. so I'll argue that they are not perverting the count in those situations

If they listed it as heart, then they are kidding themselves as to the deadliness of the virus

In fact, there is technically 0 death by virus - all are do to items brought on by the virus ... lungs being main one, heart and other items

Now, if it was someone coming in the door with heart problem and died and not virus positive, I suspect it is not counted as virus ... so I don't buy the central  argument, although I have heard it said a lot

As I understand it, even if a person is asymptomatic, but dies, the coronavirus is listed as the cause of death.

It seems the left in America wants the death rolls to appear larger than they are, so they can extend the government mandated recession. COVID-19 is doing what they could not with climate alarmism: destroy Western capitalism.

That wouldn't surprise me..

Public health officials in the West have been so wrong or deceptive from the beginning.