Replies: 7048
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:01:41 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

April is Confederate History Month

Started by Blazor, April 14, 2020, 11:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazor

And while my state governor is ignorant, and trying to destroy our history, I would like to bring awareness to truths. Not the stuff that is crammed down our throats in the public school system and the media. I'll be updating this thread over the next couple weeks.

I would like to start with the reason for secession. It was NOT over slavery. It was because the North was greedy, and overtaxed the South.

If it was over slavery, why is it that all of these folks that never even owned slaves, fought? Less than 3% of Southerners owned slaves. Believe it or not, freed blacks owned slaves as well. Of those freed blacks, over 25% of them owned slaves as well.

Slavery was bad, but it was not as despicable as what the books in school taught us. Most worked alongside their masters, and ate with their masters, treated fairly. Blacks would actually apply to be a slave and choose their master. This was because they could not support themselves. To free a slave, you had to go before someone in the court, and pledge that the slave was a good person, and could support themselves. Slaves were also needed during the early creation of America. There wasnt enough manpower to do the work, not enough people here. Why is Slave the word most often used, when Indentured Servant was closer to the truth of what many blacks were, employees.

I would also like to point out that not one slave ship landed at a Southern port. They all landed up North, and they were sold to the South. While flying the American flag.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

caskur

Read Gone With the Wind... it'll talk of slavery, the real truth... not the BS tv shows.

When they flattened those plantations... there was no work for the blacks and people starved to death...

Warning - The first 300 pages of Gone With the Wind are mediocre BUT persevere. From page 300, to 900, it'll be the best read you'll ever read by a country mile. It was freaking brilliant.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"And while my state governor is ignorant, and trying to destroy our history, I would like to bring awareness to truths. Not the stuff that is crammed down our throats in the public school system and the media. I'll be updating this thread over the next couple weeks.

I would like to start with the reason for secession. It was NOT over slavery. It was because the North was greedy, and overtaxed the South.

If it was over slavery, why is it that all of these folks that never even owned slaves, fought? Less than 3% of Southerners owned slaves. Believe it or not, freed blacks owned slaves as well. Of those freed blacks, over 25% of them owned slaves as well.

Slavery was bad, but it was not as despicable as what the books in school taught us. Most worked alongside their masters, and ate with their masters, treated fairly. Blacks would actually apply to be a slave and choose their master. This was because they could not support themselves. To free a slave, you had to go before someone in the court, and pledge that the slave was a good person, and could support themselves. Slaves were also needed during the early creation of America. There wasnt enough manpower to do the work, not enough people here. Why is Slave the word most often used, when Indentured Servant was closer to the truth of what many blacks were, employees.

I would also like to point out that not one slave ship landed at a Southern port. They all landed up North, and they were sold to the South. While flying the American flag.

Slavery/indentured servitude used to be universally accepted.

caskur

Most people consider themselves "wage slaves" a term seldom used these days.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"And while my state governor is ignorant, and trying to destroy our history, I would like to bring awareness to truths. Not the stuff that is crammed down our throats in the public school system and the media. I'll be updating this thread over the next couple weeks.

The USA used to have Caucasian slavery too.

Blazor

Quote from: "caskur"Read Gone With the Wind... it'll talk of slavery, the real truth... not the BS tv shows.

When they flattened those plantations... there was no work for the blacks and people starved to death...

Warning - The first 300 pages of Gone With the Wind are mediocre BUT persevere. From page 300, to 900, it'll be the best read you'll ever read by a country mile. It was freaking brilliant.

Right on, I may have to check it out some time.

You are right, people and blacks starved to death. We were invaded down here, which is why I call it The War of Northern Aggression. And when they came, they raped the women, burned the crops and food and homes, killed children, and looted.

Which is another reason blacks fought in the war on the South's side, to protect their way of life, their homes, their masters, and their master's families. The South was the first to accept blacks to fight alongside them, the North did not, and considered them inferior, up until the last year of war.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"

It was legal back then. They were not doing anything illegal, unless you consider some of the owners that did treat their workers poorly. Which believe it or not, most of that activity of poor treatment, was up North, and done by Black slave owners.

Those slaves were sold by their own people as well. Slavery still exists in certain parts of the world.

The slaves that came here, had better lives than where they were for sure. Unless again you had horrible employers.

Blazor

Quote from: "caskur"Most people consider themselves "wage slaves" a term seldom used these days.

Lol yeah. Or a Slave to the System.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
The USA used to have Caucasian slavery too.

Shhh, we are not suppose to know about that lol.

But you are right, Irish were made slaves as well. But you dont hear complaining 150 years later.

Frood

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

It was legal back then. They were not doing anything illegal, unless you consider some of the owners that did treat their workers poorly. Which believe it or not, most of that activity of poor treatment, was up North, and done by Black slave owners.

Those slaves were sold by their own people as well. Slavery still exists in certain parts of the world.

The slaves that came here, had better lives than where they were for sure. Unless again you had horrible employers.

Hence the irony of "sold down south" as a threat....
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Does anyone know the true story of Fort Sumter?

School books will tell you the South fired on the fort, thus starting the war. But that is far from the truth.

Lincoln had things working against him, and he did not want to lose his support. So he devised a strategy to provoke the South into firing first. The fort, being in Carolina, was officially Southern owned with secession, and Union owned forts were asked to abandon them. But Lincoln sent a hostile fleet, to resupply the fort. So, with the fort in front, and the fleet approaching from the harbor, the South fired in self defense upon the fleet. Again, the Union would not give up the fort when asked, so the fort was fired upon.

Frood

Quote from: "Blazor"Does anyone know the true story of Fort Sumter?

School books will tell you the South fired on the fort, thus starting the war. But that is far from the truth.

Lincoln had things working against him, and he did not want to lose his support. So he devised a strategy to provoke the South into firing first. The fort, being in Carolina, was officially Southern owned with secession, and Union owned forts were asked to abandon them. But Lincoln sent a hostile fleet, to resupply the fort. So, with the fort in front, and the fleet approaching from the harbor, the South fired in self defense upon the fleet. Again, the Union would not give up the fort when asked, so the fort was fired upon.

From my humble Northern roots, I've become a full fledged South supporter in my older years... the slavery sucked...but it was going for longer up north...
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Quote from: "Blazor"Does anyone know the true story of Fort Sumter?

From my humble Northern roots, I've become a full fledged South supporter in my older years... the slavery sucked...but it was going for longer up north...

ac_drinks

You are exactly right. While the South was not allowed slaves after the war, the North still kept theirs, for several years.

Blazor

I found this and thought it was interesting. So all you fuckers that cant stand us, better stop drinking Coke lol.

A Confederate History Month moment

John Stith Pemberton, the inventor of Coca Cola, fought for the Confederacy during the War Between the States. Pemberton rose to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the 3rd Georgia Cavalry at the end of the war.

John Stith Pemberton was born in Knoxville, Georgia in 1831. He attended public school in Rome, Georgia where his family resided for many years.

In 1850, he completed his medicine and pharmacy training from the Reform Medical College of Georgia in Macon at age 19. In 1853, he came to Columbus, Georgia and married local woman Eliza Clifford Lewis. The Pemberton's only child was Charles.

It is believed that Pemberton's "French Wine of Cocoa" was the forerunner of what is now Coca Cola. It was originally dispensed as a head ache cure as well as serving as a "cure for whatever ails you."

Pemberton's product, which would become Coca Cola, was first sold in the Jacob Pharmacies of Atlanta. Doctor Pemberton died in Atlanta, Georgia on August 16, 1888, at the age of fifty seven and it was reported by the media of that time that all of Atlanta's pharmacies were closed for his funeral. He is buried in Columbus' historic Linwood Cemetery.

Blazor

Here ya go, after I was just talking about the fort lol....

https://scontent.fric1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/93245411_10219823973768065_394976093167157248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=mAnCahdX37kAX_32rGc&_nc_ht=scontent.fric1-1.fna&oh=349ac8c02d8915a074ec95078d7f8caa&oe=5EBAB5DC">