The best topic

Replies: 7049
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

April is Confederate History Month

Started by Blazor, April 14, 2020, 11:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Emancipation was not a priority, keeping the country united was.

The only reason he wanted it united, was because of the money the South generated for the construction of the North.

hmmm

ac_umm

Its the same reason the Colonists had the Revolutionary War, they were tired of the high ass taxes.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

I'll just park this here, from mid-August 2017, Charleston, SC.

My Dearest Mother,

The boys and I are still on the march, despite the fact by now we all miss our basements and video games. We were marched to battle in Boston today, we were outnumbered and we took a lot of casualties but have fallen back to the Cracker Barrel to regroup. Not sure if the generals will have us on the march again tomorrow.

Your son,

Jebediah

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20915384_10209402358631370_1283681788234381207_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=llk-5mmVSFgAX9TyZ3M&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=33cfaf9b6b91f5c8173f5a660ba9a26b&oe=5EBDB2E7">

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Blazor"And while my state governor is ignorant, and trying to destroy our history, I would like to bring awareness to truths. Not the stuff that is crammed down our throats in the public school system and the media. I'll be updating this thread over the next couple weeks.

I would like to start with the reason for secession. It was NOT over slavery. It was because the North was greedy, and overtaxed the South.

If it was over slavery, why is it that all of these folks that never even owned slaves, fought? Less than 3% of Southerners owned slaves. Believe it or not, freed blacks owned slaves as well. Of those freed blacks, over 25% of them owned slaves as well.

Slavery was bad, but it was not as despicable as what the books in school taught us. Most worked alongside their masters, and ate with their masters, treated fairly. Blacks would actually apply to be a slave and choose their master. This was because they could not support themselves. To free a slave, you had to go before someone in the court, and pledge that the slave was a good person, and could support themselves. Slaves were also needed during the early creation of America. There wasnt enough manpower to do the work, not enough people here. Why is Slave the word most often used, when Indentured Servant was closer to the truth of what many blacks were, employees.

I would also like to point out that not one slave ship landed at a Southern port. They all landed up North, and they were sold to the South. While flying the American flag.

:thumbup:

I am a History buff and I am so offended that the symbols and remnants of our History are being destroyed. How about every state designate a site for all these symbols to be kept so that they are still somewhere to be enjoyed by History enthusiasts. No amount of erasing history does not erase the fact they really did happen.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "caskur"Read Gone With the Wind... it'll talk of slavery, the real truth... not the BS tv shows.

When they flattened those plantations... there was no work for the blacks and people starved to death...

Warning - The first 300 pages of Gone With the Wind are mediocre BUT persevere. From page 300, to 900, it'll be the best read you'll ever read by a country mile. It was freaking brilliant.

After watching the long movie, I cannot make myself read a long novel of the same story. My brain will shut down.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Blazor"And while my state governor is ignorant, and trying to destroy our history, I would like to bring awareness to truths. Not the stuff that is crammed down our throats in the public school system and the media. I'll be updating this thread over the next couple weeks.

I would like to start with the reason for secession. It was NOT over slavery. It was because the North was greedy, and overtaxed the South.

If it was over slavery, why is it that all of these folks that never even owned slaves, fought? Less than 3% of Southerners owned slaves. Believe it or not, freed blacks owned slaves as well. Of those freed blacks, over 25% of them owned slaves as well.

Slavery was bad, but it was not as despicable as what the books in school taught us. Most worked alongside their masters, and ate with their masters, treated fairly. Blacks would actually apply to be a slave and choose their master. This was because they could not support themselves. To free a slave, you had to go before someone in the court, and pledge that the slave was a good person, and could support themselves. Slaves were also needed during the early creation of America. There wasnt enough manpower to do the work, not enough people here. Why is Slave the word most often used, when Indentured Servant was closer to the truth of what many blacks were, employees.

I would also like to point out that not one slave ship landed at a Southern port. They all landed up North, and they were sold to the South. While flying the American flag.

The USA used to have Caucasian slavery too.

And still does if you want to count human trafficking.
@realAzhyaAryola

Blazor

Quote from: "Peaches"I'll just park this here, from mid-August 2017, Charleston, SC.

My Dearest Mother,

The boys and I are still on the march, despite the fact by now we all miss our basements and video games. We were marched to battle in Boston today, we were outnumbered and we took a lot of casualties but have fallen back to the Cracker Barrel to regroup. Not sure if the generals will have us on the march again tomorrow.

Your son,

Jebediah

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20915384_10209402358631370_1283681788234381207_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=llk-5mmVSFgAX9TyZ3M&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=33cfaf9b6b91f5c8173f5a660ba9a26b&oe=5EBDB2E7">

Ya know, I dont believe in hitting a woman, but if that woman was in my face with those fingers like that, I wouldnt have any problem quickly biting those fingers off and shoving them up her ass lol.

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

I am a History buff and I am so offended that the symbols and remnants of our History are being destroyed. How about every state designate a site for all these symbols to be kept so that they are still somewhere to be enjoyed by History enthusiasts. No amount of erasing history does not erase the fact they really did happen.

Right on Azhya  :thumbup:

It wasnt til white man Trump got elected til everyone started getting offended with these statues and such. Its an attack on white man.

These monuments were protected by law, war memorials not to be removed, but our dumbass Governor just passed a law, stating that counties and citys can decide on their removal.

Blazor

Wow, I really feel for that kid. All he was doing, was standing their and saluting Lee, when that dumb bitch decided to get out of her car, approach him, and give him the fingers, along with others joining her. They continued to berate him even as he was walking away. He never said one word.

Then, a Christian college kicked him out because he stood up for what he believes in. Do these "Christian" colleges not know, that the X flag was created by Catholic Scots, as it represented the cross St. Andrew was crucified on.

I would've stood with this kid....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/charlottesville-latest-allen-armentrout-confederate-soldier-viral-college-expulsion-robert-e-lee-a7909631.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 09631.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/charlottesville-latest-allen-armentrout-confederate-soldier-viral-college-expulsion-robert-e-lee-a7909631.html

Blazor

https://www.reckonin.com/uploads/1/1/9/8/119898388/lee-allen-hero_orig.jpg">

Anonymous

I wish the South had won and remained an independent country.

caskur

Quote from: "Peaches"I'll just park this here, from mid-August 2017, Charleston, SC.

My Dearest Mother,

Your son,

Jebediah

Ya know, I dont believe in hitting a woman, but if that woman was in my face with those fingers like that, I wouldnt have any problem quickly biting those fingers off and shoving them up her ass lol.

If a man did that to a woman it would be considered sexual assault.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Blazor

Quote from: "caskur"

My Dearest Mother,

Your son,

Jebediah

If a man did that to a woman it would be considered sexual assault.

No kiddin' right!

Imagine a bunch of dudes, going up to a woman and flicking her off for half an hour. It would be all over the news about those despicable sexist white men!

Anonymous

That guy is not wearing a mask, he is not assaulting anyone, and he is not harassing anyone. She is crossing the line getting up in his face like that.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"That guy is not wearing a mask, he is not assaulting anyone, and he is not harassing anyone. She is crossing the line getting up in his face like that.

Get this, she pulled her car over, to get out and do this.

Not only that, but one of 'em leaned in and whispered to that kid that they would find him and chop him up into tiny pieces that no one will find! Thats what the kid said in an interview.

Blazor

Southernheritage411.com has the truest history I have found, and I have mentioned them before. Im going to pull some info from there to post in here. This one is a long read, so Im going to make this one a few posts, but this gives you a good idea of how we were treated down here, what we fought againt, and why we will never forget....

Lincoln was so determined to keep the South as an economic resource that he first invaded six Northern and border States whose governors refused to call-up their militia to support his invasion of the sovereign Southern States. This action is now being recognized as a radical Republican executive and military coup. Only Congress was authorized by the Constitution to increase the number of troops or order them to active duty. The Constitution forbade the sending of federal troops against a member State. Lincoln deposed and arrested dozens of democratically elected State officers and representatives who were so vulgar as to disagree with his policies. In 1863 an international convention held in Geneva, Switzerland codified international law with regard to the "Conduct of War." The convention took the principles of "civilized" warfare that had evolved during the previous two centuries by Christian European nations and declared them to be international law that should be obeyed by all civilized societies. The Geneva Convention concluded that it should be considered a war crime, punishable by imprisonment or death, for a military force to attack defenseless civilians and towns, plunder civilian property, take civilians hostage or take food from civilian populations against their will and without appropriate compensation.

These civilized (most of you know I prefer the term ruralized since rural peoples are more peaceful than city peoples) practices were in common use by the military of the Confederate States. Confederate armies following classical thought, before the Geneva Convention, already were "required to take nothing" from the civilian population, and "to purchase" needed provisions at a "fair price" from willing sellers, a common practice during wartime. War was to be between opposing military forces, soldiers, and not against civilians (that is, women, children, and the elderly) so far as possible. Even Israel backed their tank corps away from a strategic hill in Beirot, Lebanon when they saw that Middle East College, a private Christian school and seminary, was in the direct line of fire. They surrendered the hill rather than involving civilians, not necessarily a practice they honour today.

The Lincoln administration superficially adopted the principles of the Geneva Convention in General Order 100, known as the "Lieber Code." But it had a giant loophole that permitted federal commanders to completely ignore, that means "violate" the entire code if "in their discretion," they felt the events were such that they "thought" they ought to do so. The interpretation of this code became so loose that it was commonly acceptable and ordered for the U.S. military to kill civilians on sight for any or no reason.

The code was written by Francis Lieber, a Columbia University law professor. The Lieber Code was, in truth, a clever piece of propaganda written to satisfy the few remaining northern Christians and European governments critical of their conduct of the war. Thomas DeLorenzo, professor of economics at Loyola College, writes:

The Code's author was the German legal scholar Francis Lieber, an advisor to Otto von Bismarck and a staunch advocate of centralized governmental power. In his writings Lieber denounced the federal system of government created by the American founding fathers as having created "confederacies of petty sovereigns" and dismissed the Jeffersonian philosophy of government as a collection of "obsolete ideas." In Germany he was arrested several times for subversive activities. He was a perfect ideological fit with Lincoln's own political philosophy and was just the man Lincoln wanted to outline the rules of war for his administration.

From the very beginning of the war against the Confederate States of America, the Lincoln government intentionally and systematically targeted defenseless civilian populations. (And, who are the civilians? That's right. They are the women, children, and the elderly.) His Secretary of War Winfield Scott's battle plan, known as the "Anaconda Plan," blockaded all Southern ports and inland waterways in order to "strangle and starve" the Southern civilians. (And, we know who they are.) The plan's purpose was to demoralize the women, children and elderly left at home. Its design included keeping food, shelter (even their homes), drugs and medicine out of the hands of all Confederate civilians even when it meant abandoning thousands of their own soldiers in Southern prisoner of war camps. The concept was so efficient and demoralizing to Southern civilians that President Bush called his plan of attack against his hated Islamic enemies, who he thinks destroyed the Twin Towers of New York, Operation Anaconda.