A

China revises death toll

Started by Anonymous, April 17, 2020, 04:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

China revises Wuhan's Covid-19 death toll with a 50 percent rise

Text by:

FRANCE 24

Wuhan, the central Chinese city at the epicentre of the global pandemic, raised its number of Covid-19 fatalities by 1,290 to 3,869 deaths, state media said Friday. The revision was due to insufficient admission and treatment capabilities at the virus's peak, according to authorities.

Wuhan's revised death toll of 3,869 is the highest in China, representing a 50 percent rise from its previous count. Numbers of total cases in the city of 11 million were also raised by 325 to 50,333, accounting for about two-thirds of China's total 82,367 announced cases.

The official Xinhua News Agency quoted an unidentified official with Wuhan's epidemic and prevention and control headquarters as saying that during the early stages of the outbreak, "due to the insufficiency in admission and treatment capability, a few medical institutions failed to connect with the disease prevention and control system in time, while hospitals were overloaded and medics were overwhelmed with patients.

"As a result, belated, missed and mistaken reporting occurred," the official was quoted as saying.

The revision came a day after French President Emmanuel Macron voiced scepticism over the accuracy of China's reporting of the outbreak. "There are clearly things that have happened that we don't know about," said Macron in an interview with British daily, the Financial Times.

The US and UK have also questioned the accuracy of China's case figures amid accusations that Beijing sought to minimise the impact of the outbreak and initial delays in its response to the disease.

Filling in 'missed cases'

The new figures revealed Friday were compiled through a comparison of data from Wuhan's epidemic prevention and control big data system, the city funeral service system, the municipal hospital authority's information system, and the nucleic acid test system to "remove double-counted cases and fill in missed cases," the Xinhua News Agency quoted the unnamed official as saying.

New death cases were added because non-hospitalised deaths had not been registered at the disease control information system and some confirmed cases had been reported late or not been reported at all by some medical institutions, the official said.

Questions have long swirled around the accuracy of China's case reporting, with Wuhan in particular going several days in January without reporting new cases or deaths.

China has said the virus emerged from a Wuhan food market whose merchandise reportedly included exotic wild animals sold for human consumption.

Anonymous

And the Chinks will keep eating bats, rats, and cats...

It is what they do.  It is their culture.

caskur

Quote from: "Mel"And the Chinks will keep eating bats, rats, and cats...

The figures are more than the "confirmed" cases.

Simple as that.

Shen Li doesn't really get it... We should call her Ostrich-Shen-Head-In-the-sand-Li.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

You think this was caused by eating bats or other animals.

:laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

You think this was caused by eating bats or other animals.

:laugh:

Old Mel falls for every goofy meme and fake video that is ever posted.

cc

Quote from: "caskur"The figures are more than the "confirmed" cases.

Simple as that..

The readjustment is as hokey as the original. In China, EVERYTHING is made up  .. all that gets out is what the govt. allows out

We will never get truth from China except only when  the truth suits it's wishes.

"Revises to actual numbers"  :laugh:

Quote from: "caskur"Shen Li doesn't really get it... We should call her Ostrich-Shen-Head-In-the-sand-Li.

Actually I think she does get it and doesn't care what lies China puts out.

What I had always thot was troll .. I no longer think it is.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "caskur"The figures are more than the "confirmed" cases.

Simple as that..

The readjustment is as hokey as the original. In China, EVERYTHING is made up  .. all that gets out is what the govt. allows out

Quote from: "caskur"Shen Li doesn't really get it... We should call her Ostrich-Shen-Head-In-the-sand-Li.

Actually I think she does get it and doesn't care what lies China puts out.

What I had always thot was troll .. I no longer think it is.

Shen Li is an entertaining poster who likes to troll..

But, the nationalism is not a troll.

:negative:

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"That's exactly what I meant.

NO argument from me ceec. Keep that apologist shit for an enemy of the West in China.

My old lady is half Mongolian. She aint a brainwashed nationalist like the pure Han mainlanders.

cc

China decades ago chose to be our enemy in every way. To me, support and / or misdirection  on its behalf is subversion

They really got the West on this one

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"China decades ago chose to be our enemy in every way. To me, support and / or misdirection  on its behalf is subversion

They really got the West on this one

It is unfortunate it had to come to this before we here in the West opened our eyes.

cc

Like as tho anyone couldn't see China trouble coming ... they have worked 30 yrs to get into a position of dominance

I can't help thinking of the timing  .. Trump & XI just ok'd phase 1 of the new and greatly improved trade deal .. and it was about to be signed when this happened

T was turning it around rapidly and successfully ..  but  is, as all of us are,  caught right now  as we have stupidly made ourselves dependent in so many ways

I'll add ... many of our own, albeit traitors, don't get it and actually are trying to save China's reputation today .. after this deception

caskur

Quote from: "cc"Like as tho anyone couldn't see China trouble coming ... they have worked 30 yrs to get into a position of dominance

I can't help thinking of the timing  .. Trump & XI just ok'd phase 1 of the new and greatly improved trade deal .. and it was about to be signed when this happened

T was turning it around rapidly and successfully ..  but  is, as all of us are,  caught right now  as we have stupidly made ourselves dependent in so many ways

I'll add ... many of our own, albeit traitors, don't get it and actually are trying to save China's reputation today .. after this deception

That's businesses for you.

Anyway, call all this the  human correction we all had to have.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Like as tho anyone couldn't see China trouble coming ... they have worked 30 yrs to get into a position of dominance

The American election results of 2016 was a big bump in the road for China.

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"

The American election results of 2016 was a big bump in the road for China.

It was .. and I do not for a second believe this thing is accidental. Trump had China on the ropes and other counties were thinking of following that path

I don't know if China planned it from square 1 OR if an opportunity came up for them to cripple us and they took advantage of it

Either way, they deliberately did it - that's why my sig reads
Quote"Stopping all flights from Hubei province into other parts of China ... while at the same time sending planeloads (100s of 1,000s of people) into the West from Hubei ... while lying that virus did not go human to human .. was a deliberate act of war"
[/i][/b]

Their deliberate and sooo obvious actions and in-actions are obvious

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview