Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Different Jobs You Have Done

Started by Anonymous, October 15, 2013, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Carpenting, lumberjacking, truck-driving, fixing plumbing and building houses.

Also have made few wells. With explosives :D.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Romero said that he has been working since high school, but has never made minimum wage. Well, what jobs have you done since then anyway?

I want to know how he would find time to work when most of his time seems to be spent trying to staunch the blood flow for his desperately bleeding heart.

The truth of the matter is that if Romero owned a liquor store, bakery or gas station in the US he would be paying minimum wage too. Forcing financially strapped independent owner-operators to pay more than they can afford may seem like a good idea to the uninformed ideological left(hey, it's not their money), but it is just not practical...not even close. It will cause more pain than it would cure.

I forgot to mention that in addition to the jobs I wrote about I also helped out my daddy. My parents own several rental units and I would help him clean and paint after a tenant moved out. My daddy also taught me valuable skills like basic wiring and plumbing. They really wanted a son. :(

I thought all Asian families want sons or is that a stereotype?  :D
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Annie

I picked strawberries, babysat and bussed tables when I was 13. By the time I was 16 I waitressed tables, hosted and was a dishwasher sometimes. I went to collage got a bunch of stuff, got a job doing book keeping, reception, filing, typing etc. Worked part time waitressing as well. Got too pregnant to work so took some time off to have a son and then a daughter. Took a few more courses, did some accounting and editing for a local magazine/paper. Now I work at home as a full time maid, cook, referree, family accountant, and some babysitting.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I picked strawberries, babysat and bussed tables when I was 13. By the time I was 16 I waitressed tables, hosted and was a dishwasher sometimes. I went to collage got a bunch of stuff, got a job doing book keeping, reception, filing, typing etc. Worked part time waitressing as well. Got too pregnant to work so took some time off to have a son and then a daughter. Took a few more courses, did some accounting and editing for a local magazine/paper. Now I work at home as a full time maid, cook, referree, family accountant, and some babysitting.

We have had similar jobs Ms. Annie..

I never picked strawberries or did any kind of agricultural work, but I have done many of the jobs you have.

Annie

I really miss waittressing, it was my favorite job. I had fun with the customers and could balance 5 full plates of food at one time :-D
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I really miss waittressing, it was my favorite job. I had fun with the customers and could balance 5 full plates of food at one time :-D

You were a more skilled waitress than I was Ms. Annie..

I liked dim sum when I could push my cart around.

Annie

I used to wear an apron with pockets and carry HP sauce, ketchup, vinegar, worcestershire, hot sauce and when the customer asked for something after I put their plate down, I'd say, sure, here you go! I always made great tips that way. And being pregnant, people were more generous.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I used to wear an apron with pockets and carry HP sauce, ketchup, vinegar, worcestershire, hot sauce and when the customer asked for something after I put their plate down, I'd say, sure, here you go! I always made great tips that way. And being pregnant, people were more generous.

You were a more skillful waitress than I was Ms. Annie..

I enjoyed my job though and liked meeting customers.

Annie

I liked the customers, it was the other waitresses I didn't care for, they always stole my tips :-(

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I liked the customers, it was the other waitresses I didn't care for, they always stole my tips :-(

I only had to work with two other waitresses...the owner and her daughter..

For Chinese New Year and other big days they would have some extra help, but most weekends it was only the three of us.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I used to wear an apron with pockets and carry HP sauce, ketchup, vinegar, worcestershire, hot sauce and when the customer asked for something after I put their plate down, I'd say, sure, here you go! I always made great tips that way. And being pregnant, people were more generous.

What kind of a restaurant/sports bar did you work in Annie?

Annie

I got my first bus girl job at Smitty's and then worked at Ocean Park Pizza, Vinnetti's and Albert's. I liked working at Smitty's the most because my big sister was host/manager at the time. She gave me extra hours and a ride home at night. She would also hire me to help clean up after hours and janitorial. I worked there for 4 years before it was sold.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I got my first bus girl job at Smitty's and then worked at Ocean Park Pizza, Vinnetti's and Albert's. I liked working at Smitty's the most because my big sister was host/manager at the time. She gave me extra hours and a ride home at night. She would also hire me to help clean up after hours and janitorial. I worked there for 4 years before it was sold.

You worked at a Smitty's Ms Annie...I never worked with a family member before.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I got my first bus girl job at Smitty's and then worked at Ocean Park Pizza, Vinnetti's and Albert's. I liked working at Smitty's the most because my big sister was host/manager at the time. She gave me extra hours and a ride home at night. She would also hire me to help clean up after hours and janitorial. I worked there for 4 years before it was sold.

Is Albert's a chain or an indy?

Odinson

I was sentenced for 1 year imprisonment in a penitentiary facility. It was reduced to 6months. My mother doesn´t know about it.

Excessive use of force because I kept attacking even though the guy was down. My fathers friend wiped my record clean.

Apparently even the rapists have rights.

I did carpenting in the prison workshop. People wanted tables, doors, bed ends etc. we made them and got a little pay for it. That is a job I suppose...