The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Changing Politics & Economics of Western Countries vs The Pariah

Started by cc, May 02, 2020, 11:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

US Intelligence Officials Inconclusive on COVID-19 Origin, Say China Unwilling to Cooperate

The 17-agency U.S. intelligence community announced it reached an inconclusive assessment regarding the origins of COVID-19, including whether the virus leaked from a Chinese lab, following a 90-day investigation that was ordered earlier this year by President Joe Biden, according to a summary of the findings.

Agency officials said (pdf) the Chinese regime is still unwilling to cooperate in their probe to obtain answers about the origins of the virus. The regime would need to fully cooperate with a U.S. investigation in order to determine whether the virus came from a laboratory or not.

"China's cooperation most likely would be needed to reach a conclusive assessment of the origins of COVID-19," their report stated. "Beijing, however, continues to hinder the global investigation, resist sharing information and blame(s) other countries, including the United States."

"These actions reflect, in part, China's government's own uncertainty about where an investigation could lead as well as its frustration the international community is using the issue to exert political pressure on China."

Intelligence officials, the summary added, are still conflicted about whether the virus leaked from a laboratory in Wuhan, China, in 2019, or whether it was transmitted by an animal to a human. Intelligence agencies said that the two theories are possible, said the report released by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Friday.

"All agencies assess that two hypotheses are plausible: natural exposure to an infected animal and laboratory-associated incident," the report said, adding that the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus "probably emerged and infected humans through an initial small-scale exposure that occurred no later than November 2019."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/us-intelligence-officials-inconclusive-on-covid-19-origin-say-china-unwilling-to-cooperate_3968759.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-08-28&mktids=5c4b8f881e79eed20c056083cd2388ad&est=jTjit%2FrovrQI0BYKUkr%2BVCwKVlxPdfjleNIjwUKqNVvaeFS7d0Uzb%2B3aUuPlKJVwyA%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morni ... VwyA%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/us-intelligence-officials-inconclusive-on-covid-19-origin-say-china-unwilling-to-cooperate_3968759.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-08-28&mktids=5c4b8f881e79eed20c056083cd2388ad&est=jTjit%2FrovrQI0BYKUkr%2BVCwKVlxPdfjleNIjwUKqNVvaeFS7d0Uzb%2B3aUuPlKJVwyA%3D%3D

Odinson

Sorry about the music but there is no version of this without the music.

">

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=419482 time=1630181790 user_id=136
Sorry about the music but there is no version of this without the music.

">

I don't know about his policies, but Ronald Reagan looked and sounded like a leader.

Odinson

Reagan is the reason why Finland doesnt have a submarine industry.

cc

I followed things closely then, and found him to be the right man at the right time .. on many issues

Bush I never liked ... lackluster bureaucrat
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=419515 time=1630201159 user_id=88
I followed things closely then, and found him to be the right man at the right time .. on many issues

Bush I never liked ... lackluster bureaucrat

I don't think IHJ likes conservatives like former president Reagan.

cc

Ya, I get that.

I never saw conservative in him .. I saw him as an outsider and his own man ... one of the  parallels in him to Trump

Just like Trump, old school conservatives hated him and tried to thwart him often .. but he had a hide as thick as Trump and let no one stop him

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=419520 time=1630202074 user_id=88
Ya, I get that.

I never saw conservative in him .. I saw him as an outsider and his own man ... one of the  parallels in him to Trump

Just like Trump, old school conservatives hated him and tried to thwart him often .. but he had a hide as thick as Trump and let no one stop him

I don't remember much about Ronald Reagan..

I know Asian anti communists liked him.

Anonymous

Something few pople knew about Reagan; he presided over two of the biggest tax increases in US history in 1982 and 1984. I liked the  Tax Reform Act of 1986, where Reagan and Congress simplified the tax system by eliminating many deductions, reducing the highest marginal rates, and reducing the number of tax brackets.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=419520 time=1630202074 user_id=88
Ya, I get that.

He gave the biggest amnesty in American history to illegal aliens. He supported bad trade deals. He stuck America's nose into every conflict around the world like Bill Clinton did. He was a union buster. Trump had the backs of workers. Reagan put a knife in the backs of workers and twisted it.

Frood

Reagan was decent... not the best but definitely not the worst.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=419587 time=1630285445 user_id=1676
Reagan was decent... not the best but definitely not the worst.

I associate him with the end of the cold war.

cc

Yes. While it officially ended under Bush, it was Reagan forcing offensive and defensive items hard that put the USSR in a very weak position leading to / speeding up it's ultimate collapse

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=419618 time=1630341024 user_id=88
Yes. While it officially ended under Bush, it was Reagan forcing offensive and defensive items hard that put the USSR in a very weak position leading to / speeding up it's ultimate collapse

President Reagan meeting with General Secretary Gorbachev.....that's what I think of when I think of Ronald Reagan.