Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Spike In Suicides In Aboriginal Communities Due To Lock Downs

Started by Anonymous, May 15, 2020, 12:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

God help us all. Even though we may get the vaccine,  let's say they engineered the vaccine, there will be a population that will be opposed to vaccines so we are fucked, folks.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"God help us all. Even though we may get the vaccine,  let's say they engineered the vaccine, there will be a population that will be opposed to vaccines so we are fucked, folks.

I will get the vaccine if it's offered..

That is if I haven't caught the coronavirus by then.

cc

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"God help us all. Even though we may get the vaccine,  let's say they engineered the vaccine, there will be a population that will be opposed to vaccines so we are fucked, folks.

Assuming an effective vaccine is found - The only ones "fucked" are those who refused and can catch it  and from others who refuse it.

Those who took it are not fucked at all ... rather in the clear for themselves

Frankly, my "short term" hope is for mitigating medication .. meds that will keep the virus from becoming strong in a person

I don't understand why there is not more use of meds that have shown great promise in smaller studies

If something appears to work albeit on a smaller scale USE IT!! ... and if a better mitigation is proven, USE IT

As I see it - Anything that lessens or reverses the effects is a huge plus and a lifesaver until even better comes along
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I get the flu vaccine every fall..

I don't want to pass it on to my elderly mother and mother in law.

cc

cc

RE: Immunity - This is scary. Worse, it isn't just local "hard to verify" stats .. It's rigidly controlled stats by the navy who think and work only in "exacts"

I hope this is not true and is some weird mistake, but that's unlikely as it is Navy stats & very tightly controlled conditions - prolly the most tightly controlled conditions we can cite [sic and then there's S Korea]

13 USS Roosevelt Sailors Test Positive For COVID-19, Again[/url]

The U.S. Navy says 13 sailors from the USS Theodore Roosevelt who had apparently recovered from the coronavirus and had received negative test results have now tested positive for a second time.

In a statement released earlier on Saturday when five sailors were found to have retested positive, the Navy said the sailors had "met rigorous recovery criteria, exceeding CDC guidelines," including testing negative for the virus at least twice, but have now retested positive. The statement said the sailors had been monitoring their health and adhered to social-distancing protocols while on board the Roosevelt, which has been docked in Guam following an outbreak infecting hundreds of crew members.

"These five Sailors developed influenza-like illness symptoms and did the right thing reporting to medical for evaluation," the statement said.

The Navy has since confirmed to NPR that an additional eight sailors have retested positive for coronavirus, bringing the total to 13.

Public health experts are trying to learn more about why patients sometimes test positive for the coronavirus after appearing to recover. As NPR has reported, authorities in South Korea have documented a growing number of such cases. Health officials have said they believe the virus may be capable of becoming dormant and later reactivating in some people's immune systems.

------------

Stanley Perlman, a professor of microbiology and immunology at the University of Iowa, recently told NPR's Nell Greenfieldboyce that patients who recover from the virus may have at least some level of protection from it in the future, but much remains unknown.

"Based on other infections where you get a deep lung infection, you are usually protected against the second infection.

If you just have a mild COVID-19 infection that involves your upper airway, maybe it will behave like a common cold coronavirus and maybe you can be reinfected again," Perlman said. "We just really don't know. It's even hard to speculate."

@realAzhyaAryola

I meant those who don't believe in vaccines will keep spreading it. I'll take the vaccine too, no question about that.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

About those sailors, it's unclear if the tests misdiagnosed the sailors or if they were reinfected aboard the ship.

Odinson

She probably killed herself because her father, brothers and uncles were molesting her 24/7..

Normally they sometimes got too drunk to molest her.. But now that the liquor-stores are closed..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"She probably killed herself because her father, brothers and uncles were molesting her 24/7..

Normally they sometimes got too drunk to molest her.. But now that the liquor-stores are closed..

Liquor stores stayed open in Saskatchewan..

If they closed, Herman would have a fit.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"She probably killed herself because her father, brothers and uncles were molesting her 24/7..

Liquor stores stayed open in Saskatchewan..

If they closed, Herman would have a fit.

Well... These girls usually commit suicide because they are being molested by their fathers..

And such a thing happens frequently in these bad communities..

caskur

Keep practicing washing hands and social distancing.

Imagine every public surface has life threatening bugs and stay clean from them.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Berry Sweet

If the liquor stores were closed there would be riots and fires everywhere.

I was at my parents the other day watching a eurpoean news channel with my dad (its Greek) people are bored in Greece, they are damaging cars, breaking windows, setting cars on fire...destroying the outdoor bank machines and stealing money, setting the while thing on fire...the damage is just mind boggling...then I saw something else of police or army running thru the streets, tear bombs going off, screaming and yelling (not sure if that was Greece or not...but somewhere in Europe)...all these things I see on that channel...reports of Greece and other eurpoean countries...I see none of it reported here.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

I was at my parents the other day watching a eurpoean news channel with my dad (its Greek) people are bored in Greece, they are damaging cars, breaking windows, setting cars on fire...destroying the outdoor bank machines and stealing money, setting the while thing on fire...the damage is just mind boggling...then I saw something else of police or army running thru the streets, tear bombs going off, screaming and yelling (not sure if that was Greece or not...but somewhere in Europe)...all these things I see on that channel...reports of Greece and other eurpoean countries...I see none of it reported here.

Thanks to lock downs, we could resemble Greece. Hope you like higher taxes, and austerity.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Thanks to lock downs, we could resemble Greece. Hope you like higher taxes, and austerity.

I worry about our health care system. With unemployment at historic levels and little revenue coming in, health care will deteriorate.