Replies: 8528
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:05:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

A

There Already is A Cure For COVID-19 And It's Not Lock Downs

Started by Anonymous, May 17, 2020, 04:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

By Dr Marcus De Brun

QuoteHerd-Immunity is an inevitable consequence of the Covid-19 pandemic. In the absence of a vaccine and if environmental or climate related factors are not influential upon reducing spread of the virus, Herd-Immunity is the only viable means of eradication.

At present there is no vaccine available for Covid-19. The absence of a vaccine has greatly contributed to the 'pandemic of panic', in respect of the virus. It is commonly believed that this means there is no 'cure' for the virus.

There is however an entirely inevitable and 'natural cure' for the virus. The fact is, that 80-90% of those infected will by all accounts experience nothing more than symptoms generally associated with a standard 'cold' or 'flu'. There is no 'cure' for Covid-19, in the same sense that there is no 'cure' for the 'common cold'. The cure for both conditions lies in the reality that infection is not dangerous for the vast majority of victims. Following an infection, the significant majority who survive, are expected to remain immune to (the same) virus for quite some time. This is the same reality for cases of the 'common cold' and seasonal 'Flu'.

'Herd-Immunity' is not the enemy, it is a natural and inevitable part of the process. Once some 60-70% of a population have been infected and recover, existing infections are unlikely to spread within that population. On each occasion that an infected individual meets another person in the community, the virus has a significantly reduced opportunity to spread. When a newly encountered 'potential host' is in fact immune to the virus (by virtue of that he or she has fully recovered). Spread, becomes increasingly difficult, and the virus eventually expires. Unfortunately, this type of immunity is contingent upon the fact that the original viral infection is the same virus; that the virus itself has not mutated and can therefore re-infect the initial host for a second time.

https://gript.ie/covid-19-mismanagement-in-ireland/">https://gript.ie/covid-19-mismanagement-in-ireland/

Odinson

Has it been confirmed that you actually develop immunity to this thing..

I´ve heard the total opposite.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Has it been confirmed that you actually develop immunity to this thing..

Yes, but for how long we don't know. The scientific consensus is that testing is the issue with patients being incorrectly told they were free of the virus.

QuoteThe new coronavirus, called Sars-CoV-2, has not been around long enough to know how long immunity lasts, but there are six other human coronaviruses that can give a clue.

Four produce the symptoms of the common cold and immunity is short-lived. Studies showed some patients could be re-infected within a year.

But the common cold is generally mild. There are two more troublesome coronaviruses - the ones that cause Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (Sars) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (Mers) - in which antibodies have been detected a few years later.

"The question is not whether you become immune, it's how long for," said Paul Hunter, a professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52446965">https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52446965

cc

Quote Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (Sars) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (Mers) - in which antibodies have been detected a few years later.

That's encouraging to an extent .. to the extent that this one does likewise

Seems despite HUGE effort by science, we still know so little about the specifics of this one

So little known = impossible to know best ways to move in all directions
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"By Dr Marcus De Brun

QuoteHerd-Immunity is an inevitable consequence of the Covid-19 pandemic. In the absence of a vaccine and if environmental or climate related factors are not influential upon reducing spread of the virus, Herd-Immunity is the only viable means of eradication.

At present there is no vaccine available for Covid-19. The absence of a vaccine has greatly contributed to the 'pandemic of panic', in respect of the virus. It is commonly believed that this means there is no 'cure' for the virus.

There is however an entirely inevitable and 'natural cure' for the virus. The fact is, that 80-90% of those infected will by all accounts experience nothing more than symptoms generally associated with a standard 'cold' or 'flu'. There is no 'cure' for Covid-19, in the same sense that there is no 'cure' for the 'common cold'. The cure for both conditions lies in the reality that infection is not dangerous for the vast majority of victims. Following an infection, the significant majority who survive, are expected to remain immune to (the same) virus for quite some time. This is the same reality for cases of the 'common cold' and seasonal 'Flu'.

'Herd-Immunity' is not the enemy, it is a natural and inevitable part of the process. Once some 60-70% of a population have been infected and recover, existing infections are unlikely to spread within that population. On each occasion that an infected individual meets another person in the community, the virus has a significantly reduced opportunity to spread. When a newly encountered 'potential host' is in fact immune to the virus (by virtue of that he or she has fully recovered). Spread, becomes increasingly difficult, and the virus eventually expires. Unfortunately, this type of immunity is contingent upon the fact that the original viral infection is the same virus; that the virus itself has not mutated and can therefore re-infect the initial host for a second time.

https://gript.ie/covid-19-mismanagement-in-ireland/">https://gript.ie/covid-19-mismanagement-in-ireland/

You would get along with my boy. He is twenty nine and has no fear of catching this virus. In fact, he wants everybody that is healthy enough to catch it and get it over with.

Gaon

Quote from: "Shen Li"By Dr Marcus De Brun

Lock downs were meant to prevent overwhelming hospitals. Since that did not happen there is no reason to continue flattening the economy and people's lives.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Odinson"Has it been confirmed that you actually develop immunity to this thing..

Yes, but for how long we don't know. The scientific consensus is that testing is the issue with patients being incorrectly told they were free of the virus.

QuoteThe new coronavirus, called Sars-CoV-2, has not been around long enough to know how long immunity lasts, but there are six other human coronaviruses that can give a clue.

Four produce the symptoms of the common cold and immunity is short-lived. Studies showed some patients could be re-infected within a year.

But the common cold is generally mild. There are two more troublesome coronaviruses - the ones that cause Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (Sars) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (Mers) - in which antibodies have been detected a few years later.

"The question is not whether you become immune, it's how long for," said Paul Hunter, a professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52446965">https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52446965

Testing is not always one hundred per cent accurate.

Anonymous

On the subject of herd immunity.

Pediatrician says 80% of kids likely have coronavirus, but they're so asymptomatic you'd never know

"I think that probably 80% of the children have coronavirus. We are not testing children. I'm in New York City. I can't get my patients tested. And we have to assume, if they are sick, they have coronavirus. Most of them, probably 80 to 90% of them, are asymptomatic. So, these numbers are so skewed. I think that the mortality rate is way, way less than 0.5% for children who have it because it is so prevalent. You have to remember thousands of kids die from flu a year. This is much, much less virulent in children."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-children-pediatrician-80-percent-asymptomatic/">https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronaviru ... mptomatic/">https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-children-pediatrician-80-percent-asymptomatic/

cc

I read that.

I'm not about to argue the claims as the person simply makes claims and guesses ... and puts forward absolutely  zero science to support it

OK, this one is so far over the top I will address it - 80 % is absurd ... If it was above even a small % of that  they would have infected parents, grandparents, aunts etc. .,. when in the real world still only a very small % of adults have had it ... It's absurd and does not fit the science / numbers etc.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I read that.

I'm not about to argue the claims as the person simply makes claims and guesses ... and puts forward absolutely  zero science to support it

OK, this one is so far over the top I will address it - 80 % is absurd ... If it was above even a small %  they would have infected parents, grandparents, aunts etc. .,. when still only a very small % of adults have had it ... It's absurd and does not fit the science / numbers etc.

Precisely. Take that with buckets of salt handy.

cc

Ya. We get so many sounding off in all directions .. which further compounds the difficulty to sort out reality from fiction

Thanks to that, the more we learn the less we know

caskur

Quote from: "Gaon"
Lock downs were meant to prevent overwhelming hospitals. Since that did not happen there is no reason to continue flattening the economy and people's lives.

It happened on my continent... lets not forget that.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

kiebers

Quote from: "caskur"

Are you saying that Australian hospitals were overwhelmed?
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "caskur"

Are you saying that Australian hospitals were overwhelmed?

I read that there were predictions in late February and March that hospitals would be overwhelmed, but that never happened, just like in Canada..

I couldn't find the number of hospitalized, but ninety per cent of people in Australia who caught it, are officially recovered.

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"
I read that there were predictions in late February and March that hospitals would be overwhelmed, but that never happened, just like in Canada..

I couldn't find the number of hospitalized, but ninety per cent of people in Australia who caught it, are officially recovered.

Just trying to clarify which sentence she was talking about since they are different sides.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone