Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

The long term cost of lock downs

Started by Anonymous, June 13, 2020, 02:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

In reply to question Re: Quebec's action,  BC officially not imposing tax on the unwashed

Technically, the Feds have the power to override Provinces, but are not likely to risk such a venture

much as Trudy has wet dreams of doing so

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=434382 time=1642011020 user_id=88
In reply to question Re: Quebec's action,  BC officially not imposing tax on the unwashed

Technically, the Feds have the power to override Provinces, but are not likely to risk such a venture

The Liberals would never override Quebec.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=434402 time=1642028947 user_id=2015
Quote from: cc post_id=434382 time=1642011020 user_id=88

The Liberals would never override Quebec.

Right they won't ever do that

They do have the power to override our not taxing these silly twatwhaffles

Bricktop

Australian States have no right to impose taxation. That is a Federal Government responsibility only.

Anonymous

Have we reached the point of the Covid Pandemic movie when the movie is over, the credits are rolling, most of us have left the theater and moved on, but there's just a few 🐔-littles (the ones still calling for lockdowns) watching for a secret ending?

Frood

https://www.bitchute.com/video/pzHsnlkzHlnf/">https://www.bitchute.com/video/pzHsnlkzHlnf/

Classic!

ac_lmfao
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Austria's parliament on Thursday voted to impose a COVID-19 vaccine mandate requiring people ages 18 and older to get vaccinated or face fines.

Anonymous

Scott Quiner was transferred over the weekend to a hospital in Texas after doctors in Minnesota threated to terminate life support measures as he battled severe complications from COVID-19. His crime-being unvaccinated.

Frood

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=435678 time=1642782506 user_id=114
Austria's parliament on Thursday voted to impose a COVID-19 vaccine mandate requiring people ages 18 and older to get vaccinated or face fines.

I'm not at all religious but when I here of such things, I recall mentions of scriptures about fleeing to the wilderness.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

In my view, these tyrannical measures are crimes against humanity.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435707 time=1642802853 user_id=1560
In my view, these tyrannical measures are crimes against humanity.

It's lasted too long too.

Anonymous

President Joe Biden's COVID-19 vaccine mandate for federal employees was blocked on Friday by a federal judge.

Biden does not have the authority to impose such a mandate, U.S. District Judge Jeffrey Brown wrote in a 20-page ruling. :thumbup:

Anonymous

Sanity is returning.

Almost all coronavirus restrictions in Ireland will end on Saturday, including domestic COVID-19 Certificates, curfews, social distancing, and capacity limits.

Anonymous

I don't think vaccine mandates for long distance truck drivers is necessary..

As I understand it they only drive, they don't handle freight, which means they don't have contact with warehouse employees..

Mandatory trucker vaccination leaves store shelves empty, pushing up prices

This is hitting most Canadians hard. A poll released by Angus Reid Institute on Friday showed 57 per cent of Canadians were having difficulty feeding their families, up from 36 per cent in March 2019.

On Thursday, Premier Jason Kenney pleaded with the federal government to extend exemptions for truckers.

"We need to apply these policies with a heavy dose of common sense," he said in his press conference. "Common sense tells us we are at the peak of supply chain constraints across North America, around the world, huge inflation, and we can't afford to lose potentially thousands of truckers on our roads bringing groceries up from the U.S. and, who knows, maybe rapid test kits as well."

The industry was struggling to find drivers pre-pandemic but the issue has been exacerbated over the last two years with an estimated 1,000 drivers retiring or letting their Class 1 licence expire. Nationwide, Nash said Canada is short about 20,000-25,000 truck drivers.

With truckers at a premium, they can pick and choose what routes they want to drive and loads they want to deliver and charge accordingly.

Ken Kobly, president and CEO of the Alberta Chamber of Commerce, said this is helping to fuel inflation that already hit 30-year highs in December.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/mandatory-trucker-vaccination-leaves-store-shelves-empty-pushing-up-prices?fbclid=IwAR1_ZOuuyKhhywu1HvvI6-AGfNgzBOrnGtfTR4LZgvK7ryO2NpXS0P7jrnI">https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-ne ... pXS0P7jrnI">https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/mandatory-trucker-vaccination-leaves-store-shelves-empty-pushing-up-prices?fbclid=IwAR1_ZOuuyKhhywu1HvvI6-AGfNgzBOrnGtfTR4LZgvK7ryO2NpXS0P7jrnI