Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

B.C. health workers allegedly bet on Indigenous patients’ blood alcohol levels

Started by cc, June 19, 2020, 04:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Can't find an update since June 20 when it came out

at that time it was stated that Province is doing investigation so I guess nothing new till results
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=369774 time=1593879083 user_id=88
Can't find an update since June 20 when it came out

at that time it was stated that Province is doing investigation so I guess nothing new till results

We'll have to wait.

cc

Things are a happening

https://globalnews.ca/news/7158415/investigation-update-racism-bc-emergency-room/?utm_source=NewsletterBc&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2020">Investigator probing racism allegations in B.C. health-care system urges Indigenous people to come forward

An independent investigator tasked by the B.C. government to look into allegations of racism against Indigenous people in B.C.'s health-care system is promising privacy protection to any victims or workers who come forward.

Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond was originally hired to look into an allegation of a game being played in an emergency room where staff guessed the blood-alcohol level of mainly Indigenous patients.

"Anyone working in the health care system that needs to share their experience and story with what they may have been a bystander to or participated in, I encourage you to share that information," Turpel-Lafond said.

"You will face no recrimination in your workplace for doing that. You have my sincere pledge on that. That's a very strong stand, and the Minister of Health has also affirmed that."

Health Minister Adrian Dix told Turpel-Lafond she was able to expand the investigation if she felt it is warranted.

"This report will be acted on. That is essential, that is important, and that is why we're asking, in particular, indigenous people across British Columbia, but also health professionals to engage with this so we can make our health care system better and safer for everybody," Dix said.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=370713 time=1594407230 user_id=88
Things are a happening

Investigator probing racism allegations in B.C. health-care system urges Indigenous people to come forward

An independent investigator tasked by the B.C. government to look into allegations of racism against Indigenous people in B.C.'s health-care system is promising privacy protection to any victims or workers who come forward.

Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond was originally hired to look into an allegation of a game being played in an emergency room where staff guessed the blood-alcohol level of mainly Indigenous patients.

"Anyone working in the health care system that needs to share their experience and story with what they may have been a bystander to or participated in, I encourage you to share that information," Turpel-Lafond said.

"You will face no recrimination in your workplace for doing that. You have my sincere pledge on that. That's a very strong stand, and the Minister of Health has also affirmed that."

Health Minister Adrian Dix told Turpel-Lafond she was able to expand the investigation if she felt it is warranted.

"This report will be acted on. That is essential, that is important, and that is why we're asking, in particular, indigenous people across British Columbia, but also health professionals to engage with this so we can make our health care system better and safer for everybody," Dix said.

I hope they get to the bottom of this and if these things did happen, discipline medical staff who participated in those juvenile games.

cc

it's not the games themselves that bothers me, it's the strong prejudice behind it affecting care

leaving the questions they are be looking into -

"how much does that degree of prejudice influence the care they give people they feel so strongly negative  about" ...

"how many legit illnesses were not examined and just written off as alcohol"

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=370716 time=1594407934 user_id=88
it's not the games that bothers me, it's the strong prejudice that cause the games to take place

leaving the questions they are be looking into -

"how much does that degree of prejudice influence the care they give people they feel so strongly negative  about" ...

like "how many legit illnesses were not examined and just written off as alcohol"

Prejudice leading to distasteful games....neither has any place in the delivery of health care.

Anonymous

I aint no snowflake, but that shit does not belong inside a hospital dealing with patients needing emergency care.

cc

It's only snowflakes who need to be taught how to  actually understand  general fairness and caring

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=370749 time=1594420189 user_id=1689
I aint no snowflake, but that shit does not belong inside a hospital dealing with patients needing emergency care.

They must have been white. East and South Asian doctors have respect for the medical profession.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=370769 time=1594432993 user_id=56

They must have been white. East and South Asian doctors have respect for the medical profession.

That's ridiculous.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=370775 time=1594434544 user_id=88
Shen musta had a REALLY bad day  :sad:

Did Taiwan take over China?

Not yet.

:laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=370769 time=1594432993 user_id=56

Read this.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2019/04/25/north-york-doctor-arrested-after-allegedly-sexually-assaulting-female-patient-during-physical-exam.html">https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2019/0 ... -exam.html">https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2019/04/25/north-york-doctor-arrested-after-allegedly-sexually-assaulting-female-patient-during-physical-exam.html

Toronto police have arrested a North York doctor who allegedly sexually assaulted a patient during a physical examination, saying they are concerned there may be other victims.

In a Thursday news release, police allege a 40-year-old female patient was sexually assaulted during a May 5, 2014, examination at the doctor's office in the area of Bathurst St. and Sheppard Ave. W.

Police first received a complaint about the incident from the alleged victim on Dec. 4, 2018, Toronto police Const. Jenifferjit Sidhu said.

[size=150]Romeo Tan,[/size] 59, of Kleinburg, was arrested on Wednesday.

kiebers

Are the drunks mainly indigenous people, any stats on that? Are there any other "races" coming into emergency drunk? Stupid game no doubt and deserves disciplinary action, but it will continue to be pushed as racist regardless of being true or not.

Everything has to be racist now.  :rules:
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: kiebers post_id=370836 time=1594479361 user_id=193
Are the drunks mainly indigenous people, any stats on that? Are there any other "races" coming into emergency drunk? Stupid game no doubt and deserves disciplinary action, but it will continue to be pushed as racist regardless of being true or not.

Everything has to be racist now.  :rules:

In areas where there is a large Aboriginal populations, the alcoholics coming into emergency rooms would most likely be indigenous..

I doubt they are allowed to record the race or ethnicity of people coming into emergency rooms.