The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Fake News Funnies

Started by Anonymous, June 19, 2020, 04:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=370901 time=1594497681 user_id=56
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=370893 time=1594496300 user_id=61
Quote from: Odinson post_id=369437 time=1593711757 user_id=136
Vice news used to be better..

Now its just bs.

Honestly it's always has been bs marketed to entitled pigs, not saying it's wrong to day dream but at least be practical and realistic.

FUCKING BULLSEYE!!

Yup, only shit for brain pigs buy into that show.  I mean they already don't have to invest with their own life savings and are guaranteed a steady wage even if the company goes into debt and ends up bankrupted.  We can all take a look at Mel's (no offense bro) case here, he first thought his employer and all similar business are reaping all the money, so he started his own dump truck transport business, and is now living off CERB.  That's business for ya, people will need to know what they're doing if they want to stand even the slightest chance, and it's definitely not for everyone either.
Permanently off his rocker

cc

We were in business for oursellves all our lives.

Yes, it's can be a tough go, but with a bit of luck,...  smarts and a lot of clear thinking .. and barrel full of hard work it can be rewarding

Neither of us can relate to the concept of us working for someone else

And yes, seems our pet  Mel has become a happy Cerbian .. for the moment
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Zetsu

Quote from: cc post_id=370905 time=1594500594 user_id=88

Yes, it's can be a tough go, but with a bit of luck,...  smarts and a lot of clear thinking .. and barrel full of hard work it can be rewarding

I agree, despite sometimes it can be quite unpredictable, as long as the owner fulfill these 3 holy trinity factors, chance are they'll much less likely to perished.  IIRC another business owner once mentioned on Quora the average business only last for 5 years, sounds about right.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=370905 time=1594500594 user_id=88

I thought you were going to say a barrel full of wash. Sorry cc if I implied you share anything in common with that pig Herman.

Anonymous

I was an employee all my working life(I'm retired now). I had business ideas, but raising kids my husband and I couldn't risk our security.

cc

Yes, I'm not saying everyone should even think of being in business. For us it's in our makeup.

But we are a small minority. Most prefer to work for others of for establishment and never think of being in business
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Zetsu

Exactly, at least Velvet here is a smart woman that knows the endless problems and risks in starting up a business.  If people want a stable and pleasant life with a retirement, employment is always the best route.  If people just look at all the successful businessmen and women out there but fail to realized the endless number of organizations that has declared bankruptcy, I mean just one COVID-19 is already enough to wipe out a fair portion of the industry, and crap like this repeats an average of every 10 years.

Odinson

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_4lCqxTsdpk/XwiLv9zU0tI/AAAAAAACWJQ/ocSx8GhoOYsBotopxP3KgJKLj3avcdnngCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/2%2B1%2B1%2B1%2B1%2Bsdjhfksahfklsadfhlaksdf.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=370938 time=1594520363 user_id=61
Exactly, at least Velvet here is a smart woman that knows the endless problems and risks in starting up a business.  If people want a stable and pleasant life with a retirement, employment is always the best route.  If people just look at all the successful businessmen and women out there but fail to realized the endless number of organizations that has declared bankruptcy, I mean just one COVID-19 is already enough to wipe out a fair portion of the industry, and crap like this repeats an average of every 10 years.

I'm in between. I'm an independent contractor working exclusively for one large financial services organization.

Zetsu

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=370975 time=1594574666 user_id=114

I'm in between. I'm an independent contractor working exclusively for one large financial services organization.

Guess I'm more of the opposite, before I was diagnosed with a disorder/disability and rejected all welfare related offers.  Then became employed under my old man's company and now I'm free as a bird running my own business doing customized shirts, even if it ain't good as it looks the trade off is quite worth it imo.  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=370979 time=1594576987 user_id=61

Guess I'm more of the opposite, before I was diagnosed with a disorder/disability and rejected all welfare related offers.  Then became employed under my old man's company and now I'm free as a bird running my own business doing customized shirts, even if it ain't good as it looks the trade off is quite worth it imo.  ac_drinks

I have nothing, but respect for risk takers like you and cc.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=370980 time=1594577132 user_id=56

Thank you Shen, it might be a PITA job sometime, but one thing I can't deny about it is it's a lot of fun being in control of your own career, this is were passion can be utilized to it's finest.  Plus we're just petty potatoes compared people that have the ability to hire people, you can say I have insane amount of admiration for those folks.  ac_cool

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=370985 time=1594577711 user_id=61

Thank you Shen, it might be a PITA job sometime, but one thing I can't deny about it is it's a lot of fun being in control of your own career, this is were passion can be utilized to it's finest.  Plus we're just petty potatoes compared people that have the ability to hire people, you can say I have insane amount of admiration for those folks.  ac_cool

You and your brother took one hell of a risk in business that's already saturated. You've got balls.

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=370985 time=1594577711 user_id=61

PITA?

Odinson