News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Safeway is now putting thick, heavy-duty vinyl...

Started by Anonymous, June 24, 2020, 09:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Safeway sucks since Sobey's took over. Stong's or IGA is the better option.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=368297 time=1593049947 user_id=164
Calm down and take my cup advice.

Nah, I have no time nor patience for retarded, two-faced Gook Administrators.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: Guest post_id=368298 time=1593049979
Safeway sucks since Sobey's took over. Stong's or IGA is the better option.

Safeway was cool in the 90s and early 2000s after that, they renovated it and it was all dark and gloomy...not to mention empty...I guess it depends on the location, but they are all the same inside...depressing.

Anonymous

Ya, Safeway was pretty well the "go to" place at one time, but not anymore it seems.  Other options now with typically better pricing also...

Anonymous

Quote from: Mel post_id=368259 time=1593047438
I'm getting really tired of all this Covid bullshit, and I really think it's time to get back to normal, but others don't it seems.  Just because of all thia bullshit, I think I now qualify myself for the extra two months of CERB!

It's mass insanity.

Berry Sweet

It's not gonna go away for a while now.  Next time you need to make a larger purchase use your visa.  Lesson learned.

Atleast Nelson is small and the line up should be like one person or no one.  Then you can come online and complain about "how busy" it was at the bank   :laugh:

I remember when I was in my 20s and I was with that guy from there...we were at a coffee shop in Castlegar, right on Columbia...all of a sudden 6-7 cars go by at once and he was like, "holy look at the traffic!"   :roll:  I just about died...so funny!

Anonymous

It's quite a bit busier around here now than you may remember it...  Downtown Nelson can be a bitch to even find a parking spot, even though it has meters.  Columbia Ave. in Castlegar can literally be one long line of cars at certain times!

Berry Sweet

That was 20 years ago...ive been back last 3 years ago...you are lucky to have the services they do....we didn't have all that then...there was an old movie theater, only one or two rooms, it was like travel back in time!  Lol  it was simple then.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc sneakin round" post_id=368358 time=1593057876
Can't edit posts

No fun at all  :mad:

The only way a forum can allow a Guest to edit posts, would be to allow any Guest to edit any Guest post, which wouldn't work very well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=368364 time=1593059134 user_id=164
That was 20 years ago...ive been back last 3 years ago...you are lucky to have the services they do....we didn't have all that then...there was an old movie theater, only one or two rooms, it was like travel back in time!  Lol  it was simple then.

It still is very much a travel back in time in many ways...  That old theater is still there, there's still payphones everywhere, and the only mall in the entire region (in Trail) reminds me of the Langley City mall when I was a little kid...

There's most of what you need here, but some specialty items I could easily find in the big city I simply cannot find here!  Luckily there's online shopping now for those types of items!

cc

Quote from: Mel post_id=368365 time=1593059135
Quote from: "cc sneakin round" post_id=368358 time=1593057876
Can't edit posts

No fun at all  :mad:

The only way a forum can allow a Guest to edit posts, would be to allow any Guest to edit any Guest post, which wouldn't work very well.

I realize that and I was not suggesting guests should edit

Was just havin fun with those who hate my editing .
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I don't hate your editing.

Your avatar is a little flatchested though.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview