Replies: 10378
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:35:39 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

I am disappointed in comments made by Justin Trudeau

Started by Anonymous, November 10, 2013, 04:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I try to avoid politics, but I feel I have to comment about this..

China has missiles pointed at Taiwan that they will use if the island formalizes it's de facto independence.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/11/08/justin-trudeau-seemingly-admires-chinas-basic-dictatorship-at-toronto-fundraiser/">http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/11/08 ... undraiser/">http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/11/08/justin-trudeau-seemingly-admires-chinas-basic-dictatorship-at-toronto-fundraiser/

Liberal leader Justin Trudeau is facing criticism for confiding an apparent admiration for China's dictatorial tendencies during a "ladies-night" themed fundraiser held in Toronto on Thursday.

During the event, which itself was widely criticized for sexist and patronizing undertones, an audience member asked Mr. Trudeau which nation's "administration he most admired."

The party leader responded: "There is a level of admiration I actually have for China because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime and say we need to go green, we need to start, you know, investing in solar. There is a flexibility that I know Stephen Harper must dream about: having a dictatorship where you can do whatever you wanted, that I find quite interesting."

Noting he was on camera, Mr. Trudeau then said: "But Sun News can now report that I prefer China."

And, of course, it did.

The NDP equated the off-the-cuff remarks to gaffes made by one-time U.S. vice-presidential candidate and hockey mom Sarah Palin.

"While Justin Trudeau does his best to let out his inner Sarah Palin, and shows Canadians not to trust his instincts, Canadians know they can trust Tom Mulcair to hold Conservatives to account for their scandals and mismanagement," says a news release on the party's website.

The NDP also noted this wasn't Mr. Trudeau's first expression of admiration for the quasi-Communist rising global superpower.

While on CBC TV's Power and Politics, Mr. Trudeau noted the concerns swirling around the takeover of natural resources by a Chinese state-owned entity would be similar to those of a takeover by a Scandinavian state-owned entity.

Tim Uppal, the Minister of State for Multiculturalism, said Mr. Trudeau's remarks on China show he is unfit to lead the "greatest democracy in the world."

"The comments made by the leader of the Liberal party are an insult to the many Canadians who fought for the basic values and freedoms that we enjoy today. His answer demonstrates again a long-standing position of our party that he is in over his head."

'I would never trade our freedoms. But countries we compete with play by different rules'

Mr. Trudeau took to Twitter on Friday to explain his comments, saying that his point about China was that Canada "is up against big countries (China, for one) that can address some major issues quickly."

"Canada is the best country in the world. I would never trade our freedoms. But countries we compete with play by different rules. That's why we need to work together to address big issues and that's why I'm focused on the (real priorities) of Canadians."

His prime minister father, the late Pierre Elliott Trudeau, was sometimes accused of a predilection for communist authoritarian regimes. According to Bob Plamondon's recent book, The Truth About Trudeau, the elder Mr. Trudeau was complimentary toward several leftist regimes in his day, including Soviet Russia, Fidel Castro's Cuba and China under Chairman Mao.

In 1952, Mr. Trudeau travelled to China with members of the Communist Party of Canada. Later, he supported the Soviet-dominated authorities who imposed martial law in Poland. He also admired the Siberian city of Norilsk until a Soviet dissident reminded him that the town had been built by prison labour.

Romero

It was an incredibly stupid thing to say! Out of all the successful governments in the world with good economies and human rights, he picks a dictatorship? No matter how he tries to explain it, it can only come out as "I admire China's dictatorship". He's going to be hammered for this and he set it right up.

He's taking some flack for that "ladies night" theme too.

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297489107186_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x&stmp=1383840648653">

Ugh. Wannabe rock star. So amateurish and patronizing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"It was an incredibly stupid thing to say! Out of all the successful governments in the world with good economies and human rights, he picks a dictatorship? No matter how he tries to explain it, it can only come out as "I admire China's dictatorship". He's going to be hammered for this and he set it right up.

He's taking some flack for that "ladies night" theme too.

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297489107186_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x&stmp=1383840648653">

Ugh. Wannabe rock star. So amateurish and patronizing.

I realize people make mistakes when they speak, but for Taiwanese this gives many of us a shiver up our spines..

Also, why is a sitting politician charging people to hear them speak?

It seems unethical even if it is not illegal.

cc

That " why is a sitting politician charging people to hear them speak?" is a VERY good question
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"That " why is a sitting politician charging people to hear them speak?" is a VERY good question

I don't follow politics Ms. cc, but is this common among elected politicians?

Romero

Quote from: "Fashionista"I realize people make mistakes when they speak, but for Taiwanese this gives many of us a shiver up our spines..

Several Asian Canadian groups want a little get-together with him so he can apologize and listen to their stories of the struggles from back home. Talk about awkward! And if doesn't meet with them he'll look like a jerk.

Sitting politicians actually charge people for fundraising all the time. It's pretty sad how so much money is thrown at politicians and they never stop begging for more. This fundraiser looked especially pathetic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I realize people make mistakes when they speak, but for Taiwanese this gives many of us a shiver up our spines..

Several Asian Canadian groups want a little get-together with him so he can apologize and listen to their stories of the struggles from back home. Talk about awkward! And if doesn't meet with them he'll look like a jerk.

Sitting politicians actually charge people for fundraising all the time. It's pretty sad how so much money is thrown at politicians and they never stop begging for more. This fundraiser looked especially pathetic.

It doesn't seem right to me that we have to pay to hear people we elected speak..

Also, I have heard of Justin Trudeau regularly charging fees to speak including a school board..

Maybe that was before he was elected.

cc

The SOB even charges charities

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/new-brunswick-charity-doesn-t-want-trudeau-refund-for-speech-board-chairman-1.1379075">http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/new-brun ... -1.1379075">http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/new-brunswick-charity-doesn-t-want-trudeau-refund-for-speech-board-chairman-1.1379075

OTTAWA, Ont. -- A charity that was at the centre of a public controversy about the Justin Trudeau's speaking fees isn't going to request a refund.

Ian Webster, the chairman of the Grace Foundation, said Monday the New Brunswick-based charity won't seek reimbursement for a $20,000 speaking fee from the Liberal leader.

Trudeau voluntarily disclosed last February that he's earned more than $1.3 million on the public-speaking circuit since 2006, including $277,000 from 17 groups since he was first elected in 2008.

Some of those groups are charities and non-profit entities such as school boards, municipalities and universities.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"The SOB even charges charities

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/new-brunswick-charity-doesn-t-want-trudeau-refund-for-speech-board-chairman-1.1379075">http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/new-brun ... -1.1379075">http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/new-brunswick-charity-doesn-t-want-trudeau-refund-for-speech-board-chairman-1.1379075

OTTAWA, Ont. -- A charity that was at the centre of a public controversy about the Justin Trudeau's speaking fees isn't going to request a refund.

Ian Webster, the chairman of the Grace Foundation, said Monday the New Brunswick-based charity won't seek reimbursement for a $20,000 speaking fee from the Liberal leader.

Trudeau voluntarily disclosed last February that he's earned more than $1.3 million on the public-speaking circuit since 2006, including $277,000 from 17 groups since he was first elected in 2008.

Some of those groups are charities and non-profit entities such as school boards, municipalities and universities.

That is shameful Ms. cc li tarte.

Rambo Wong

Of course that idiotic, racist, sinophobic, anti semitic,lying fucked in the head, cyberbully spammer Fashionista would be disappointed in comments giving praise to China.

Anonymous

I am in the rather awkward position of defending Justin Trudeau. Yes, he's a spoiled little douchebag born with a silver foot in his mouth. He's completely unqualified to manage one of the most vibrant economies in the G8.

However, despite the CCP's many faults they deserve credit for lifting hundreds of millions of people out of incredible poverty. My mommy just turned 16 years old when Mao died. She told me at the time she felt like her world had come to an end. Ten years later she could not remember one good thing about his reign.

As for charging charities and everyone else to listen to him speak. That in my mind is as big a scandal as senate expenses.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"I am in the rather awkward position of defending Justin Trudeau. Yes, he's a spoiled little douchebag born with a silver foot in his mouth. He's completely unqualified to manage one of the most vibrant economies in the G8.

However, despite the CCP's many faults they deserve credit for lifting hundreds of millions of people out of incredible poverty. My mommy just turned 16 years old when Mao died. She told me at the time she felt like her world had come to an end. Ten years later she could not remember one good thing about his reign.

As for charging charities and everyone else to listen to him speak. That in my mind is as big a scandal as senate expenses.

The only reason Taiwan cannot get international recognition as a nation is because of China's bullying..

This is one of the reasons I am offended by Justin Trudeau's comments.

Rambo Wong

cc

Quote from: "Wambo Wong"Justin Trudeau is racist, sinophobic, anti semitic, fucked in the head, crap n' drool, cyberbully spammer

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"
Quote from: "Wambo Wong"Justin Trudeau is racist, sinophobic, anti semitic, fucked in the head, crap n' drool, cyberbully spammer

:lol: