The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Challenge: Lightweight portable UV resistant fully enclosed shelter

Started by Frood, July 23, 2020, 02:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=372793 time=1595774980 user_id=114
I was having a sip of Scotch on my balcony last night and when I was almost abducted by a couple of masked mosquitoes.

Were they wearing sheepskin ugg boots?

I think they are the same ones who flew off with my 4 burner patio grill...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=372796 time=1595775480 user_id=1676
I was having a sip of Scotch on my balcony last night and when I was almost abducted by a couple of masked mosquitoes.

They were flying gang colours.

Frood

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=372798 time=1595776174 user_id=114
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=372796 time=1595775480 user_id=1676

They were flying gang colours.

You're correct... I heard them yelling "vatos mosquitos locos" and flashing gang signs with their wings as two of them shared the weight of my 9 kilo gas bottle on the horizon...

Build the insect wall now!!!!!!
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

The end of August, prairie skitters will be gone. Then we can count on a month of grasshoppers and green guts all over the front of vehicles.

Gaon

Mosquitoes don't seem to be much of a problem here. Which is good since Canada does not seem to have products as Israel that keep them away.
The Russian Rock It

Blazor

Lol @ picturing these huge skeeters lol.

The ones here are mutated. They got black and white stripes, and when they bite they leave welps on me. I cant work outside the last couple hours of the day, they swarm.

Dinky, Im not a fan of your tent choice. I think it looks too small for more than one person. Dude can barely lay down diagonally by himself. Also, I think those clear window like sides, will increase the heat fairly quickly, making your AC work overtime. Just my 2 cents!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Blazor

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=373013 time=1595866694 user_id=3254
We have an older motorhome....no tent for us.

I think I have 8 tents  :laugh:

Camping party!

I gained a few when I inherited my dad's.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=373021 time=1595869466 user_id=2221

Camping party!

Have you went camping this year Blazor?

We haven't.

:sad:

Blazor

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=373026 time=1595871369 user_id=3254
Quote from: Blazor post_id=373021 time=1595869466 user_id=2221

Camping party!

Have you went camping this year Blazor?

We haven't.

:sad:

I havent either  :sad:

All campgrounds are closed for the season. Its been around 100 degrees here lately too. I usually wait to go to my backpack spot til September. No skeeters then lol.

cc

Sorry to hear you are not going camping this summer, Fash

Oh for the days when we did construction projects all over BC (and a few in Alberta)

While motor home was purchased for use as base and for the 2 of us to live in during projects.

As we would be many months in it (often 6 months +), it was a 30 footer with all the amenities

We usually were able to find a very private spot along a river or creek and among the trees .. once at the very mouth of the mighty Columbia River (about 50 ft wide at that point and not too fast flowing) for 2 full  summers doing golf course projects at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort we were parked just outside of the resort for privacy about 10 ft off the river and under those huge BC trees.

Often woken by the splash of beaver tails hitting the water as they dove in.

It had a large tarp attached and we were able to  do all cooking either on bbq when raining and fire pit made of rocks and portable grill when weather when not raining (most of the time)

What really made it was that this was during the time of our final courtship and early married years .. we continued the honeymoon for many summers

Fortunately the trees and animals from deer to beavers  tell no tales  :sneaky2:

Really miss  those times, but the delicious memories are always good to think about .. We were really luck people to be able to live that way for several years

Apologies for hijacking your thread Dinky. My fond memories took me over and "made me do it"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

Quote from: Blazor post_id=373012 time=1595864527 user_id=2221

The ones here are mutated. They got black and white stripes, and when they bite they leave welps on me. I cant work outside the last couple hours of the day, they swarm.

Dinky, Im not a fan of your tent choice. I think it looks too small for more than one person. Dude can barely lay down diagonally by himself. Also, I think those clear window like sides, will increase the heat fairly quickly, making your AC work overtime. Just my 2 cents!

It's not for camping... It's a pop up room for air conditioned fishing. The air con unit is 2300 BTU and the windows are SPF 50+.... easy peasy...  big enough for two chairs and a cooler.... it'll be like a walk in freezer...

https://i.postimg.cc/26k3M3KF/Screenshot-20200728-102817-Chrome.jpg">
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=373107 time=1595895691 user_id=1676
Quote from: Blazor post_id=373012 time=1595864527 user_id=2221

It's not for camping... It's a pop up room for air conditioned fishing. The air con unit is 2300 BTU and the windows are SPF 50+.... easy peasy...  big enough for two chairs and a cooler.... it'll be like a walk in freezer...

https://i.postimg.cc/26k3M3KF/Screenshot-20200728-102817-Chrome.jpg">

Nice.

Frood

I think so... and part of me (the dark part) is going to enjoy rocking up to the shore or outdoor events when it's in the 40's, chucking the cube, and getting a cold room in under a minute... As sweaty uncomfortable people watch...
Blahhhhhh...