Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

A

A guessing game - how many dead?

Started by Anonymous, July 30, 2020, 12:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Mel, if you read a little, you'd know that that the death rate for people with past health problems such as cancer raises the possibility up to ten fold. Than there is Herman's age, another factor increasing the possibility of death.

cc

I have observed people taking stands and spouting opinions and "facts" to suit their wishes / hopes while conveniently  ignoring any other data .. whether for opening up or closing things down

This thread typifies society in general in that regard .. I'm used to researching and viewing things "as they are" .. whether I like what I find or not

No one mentions (or even finds) some of the horrendous and often lifetime damage to hearts, livers etc. etc. that this virus does to many "younger" & mid age  people.

I even hear it referred to as "flu" .. which really pisses me off because in many cases it is a deadly destroyer of body parts and body systems

Some of the above conspiracy stuff is  bad  . . taking 1 or a few anomalies on counts  and trying to tar all with it   .. It's all  just self needed "salve" for what one wants to hear

Can't blame people, it's human nature for things to be as one wants them to be .. but putting out self-serving info to others is another thing
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=373488 time=1596140124 user_id=88
I have observed people taking stands and spouting opinions and "facts" to suit their wishes / hopes while conveniently  ignoring any other data .. whether for opening up or closing things down

This thread typifies society in general in that regard

No one mentions (or even finds) some of the horrendous and often lifetime damage to hearts, livers etc. etc. that this virus does to many "younger" & mid age  people.

I even hear it referred to as "flu" .. which really pisses me off because it is a destroyer of body parts and systems

Some of the above conspiracy stuff is also bad   .. It's all  just self needed words

Very few young people who catch this virus will die or have permanent damage. There is a middle aged ex smoker on this forum who made a full recovery, so a twenty five year old fit non smoker should not be scared shitless.

There are two big countries who's COVID stats I do not trust for one second: The US and China.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=373493 time=1596140721 user_id=88
Whatever works for you

Exactly. No point in arguing with anyone that has been brainwashed into buying the fake data coming from Washington and Beijing.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blurt post_id=373457 time=1596116111 user_id=1974
People naturally want to disbelieve bad news.

Doubt all you want but buy your casket while you can.

So, you believe everything about COVID from the states. You ignore the financial incentive to lie. The CDC cannot possibly mislead the public. It's people like you that make prog authoritarian regimes jobs so easy. It's why we screw working class people with carbon taxes.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=373496 time=1596140993 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=373493 time=1596140721 user_id=88
Whatever works for you

Exactly. No point in arguing with anyone that has been brainwashed into buying the fake data coming from Washington and Beijing.

Exactly. No point in arguing with anyone that has been brainwashed into buying conspiracy crapola if it helps one's cause

Be honest. You are an "open upper" to the extreme, so "buy into" whatever supports that agenda.

So, why would you drag China in on me? By now you should know I'm as China-aware and as anti China as anyone on the planet

I'm enjoying this open forum sub. It tends to make me take no crap and call a spade a spade

and a white guy a white guy  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Herm's point is that American COVID data is as unreliable and agenda driven as China's.

cc

I know that is his point. I'm just saying many "want" to believe what suits their agenda,  so do

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=373521 time=1596155799 user_id=88
I know that is his point. I'm just saying many "want" to believe that so do

The States and China both lie about COVID, but for different reasons.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=373526 time=1596156370 user_id=88I don't buy it.

And that is what American government agencies want.

Frood

This thread typifies society in general in that regard .. I'm used to researching and viewing things "as they are" .. whether I like what I find or not

I even hear it referred to as "flu" .. which really pisses me off because in many cases it is a deadly destroyer of body parts and body systems

Some of the above conspiracy stuff is  bad  . . taking 1 or a few anomalies on counts  and trying to tar all with it   .. It's all  just self needed "salve" for what one wants to hear

Can't blame people, it's human nature for things to be as one wants them to be .. but putting out self-serving info to others is another thing

Panic is a human nature too, cc...

Coupled with arrogance and a know it all condescending attitude doesn't weather well.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=373529 time=1596156584 user_id=1676

Panic is a human nature too, cc...

Coupled with arrogance and a know it all condescending attitude doesn't weather well.

And lies.

cc

Well put Dinky.

It's human nature to believe what fits one's needs or wishes  and to extrapolate 1 or 2  isolated examples into  

"AHA!! See!! .. It's UGE I tell ya!!"

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview