Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Racism and the History Slavery and The Connection to White Eurocentric Hatred

Started by Renee, August 30, 2020, 11:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

This might be a bit long for some but it's a lecture from one of the great minds of our time, calling out the hypocrisy and ideologically charged concept of reperations and the political gain stemming from the issue of slavery in America. In this video, Sowell touches upon an idea that I have expressed many times regarding the application of a narrow view of an issue by using today's morality and social constructs that do not apply to a historical phenomenon that took place in centuries past.

">
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

Oh and by the way, Thomas Sowell is one of the great thinkers of our time....He is also a black man proving that black anti-social behavior is cultural and environmental. Unfortunately there are still some white rock heads around here that think civilized or rational behavior is a genetic trait.... :laugh3:  That my friends is called being dumber than dirt and ignorance and stupidity are the true roots of our societal woes on this planet.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Gaon

I have read some of Thomas Sowell. He is brilliant. I do not have the time this morning to watch the video in it's entirety, but I will watch it all over the next two days.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=378256 time=1598801818 user_id=156
This might be a bit long for some but it's a lecture from one of the great minds of our time, calling out the hypocrisy and ideologically charged concept of reperations and the political gain stemming from the issue of slavery in America. In this video, Sowell touches upon an idea that I have expressed many times regarding the application of a narrow view of an issue by using today's morality and social constructs that do not apply to a historical phenomenon that took place in centuries past.

">

Good post Renee. I have seen videos by him, but if anybody has not, treat yourself.

Anonymous

That video is too long for me. But, I will read an editorial written by Sowell any frickin day.

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=378256 time=1598801818 user_id=156

">

Done. It was worth watching.  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

cc

I really like Thomas Sowell .. have read some of his articles  and always tried to catch him on TV interviews

An extremely brilliant man and covers far more than slavery itself
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Here's a shorter look on Levin's show

Did  you know he is 90? This show was this summer

">

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=378467 time=1598923160 user_id=88
Here's a shorter look on Levin's show

Did  you know he is 90? This show was this summer

">

He's ninety.

:ohmy:

cc

Berry Sweet

Never heard of him, but has some good reviews...I may watch it over the next few nights.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=378473 time=1598926320 user_id=88YUP!!!

I wouldn't have guessed that.

Odinson

Africans dont talk about slavery that much... Thats why they are often at odds with american blacks..

Maybe they know that they arent exactly innocent in that whole slavery business.

They attacked more and more tribes to meet increasing demand for slaves..

They got guns and other resources from europeans to help capture more slaves... And other way around, to defend their villages against slavers.

You could say that the non-africans created turmoil in Africa.

But a man is responsible for his own actions.. If you are greedy and decide to start invading other tribes, thats all on you.

Anonymous

American blacks are brainwashed about slavery. They think it was a European thing.

Print
User actions