The best topic

Replies: 10378
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:35:39 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Stupidity: Edmonton Police Allowing Hijabs For Cops

Started by Anonymous, November 22, 2013, 12:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"You're comparing Muslim women to the KKK?

You're not comparing the hateful ideology of Islam to the hateful ideology of white supremacy?  :shock:  One is a bad as the other, so you should be.

keeper

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Shen, Why do you have a problem with these?

I have no problem with scarves or bedsheets or Buddhist symbols turned on their sides. Islam is a hateful bigoted ideology that has slaughtered a lot of women the world over. White supremacy and Nazism are hateful ideologies that have killed a lot of people throughout the West. The symbolism of all three of these murderous ideologies should not be adorned by civil servants whose job it is to protect all races, GENDERS and ORIENTATIONS.

keeper

okay, I think I understand. I don't have a clue about islamics or there ideologies. I just don't bother myself with it so I guess you can say im ignorant in this area. Never had a chance to ask anyone who was familiar with this subject with out getting a long drawn out YELLIING session.

cc

Quote from: "Keeper".......Never had a chance to ask anyone who was familiar with this subject with out getting a long drawn out YELLIING session.

For sure I have never yelled at you or any man ..... beyond "harder / faster" that is ;)

Here's a sweetheart flirty pic Theo Van Gogh took days before an islamic followed allah's orders and stabbed him to death on the street in Amsterdam
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"okay, I think I understand. I don't have a clue about islamics or there ideologies. I just don't bother myself with it so I guess you can say im ignorant in this area. Never had a chance to ask anyone who was familiar with this subject with out getting a long drawn out YELLIING session.

We'll confine the yelling to here Keeps. Easier on the vocal chords. ;)

keeper

I think yelling was teh wrong word, more like expressing ones views repeatedly. But, carry on i luv the pictures lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"I think yelling was teh wrong word, more like expressing ones views repeatedly. But, carry on i luv the pictures lol

Judging by your latest Avatar, I kinda gathered that about you Keeps.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"The symbol of violence and oppression of women and our "progressive" police force is trying to find a way of incorporating it into the uniform. Hey, while they are at it why not figure out a way of incorporation pointy white hoods or swastikas. Wouldn't that be inclusive and progressive? Why not Japanese Imperial Armed forces hats?

QuoteA new uniform piece could 'open doors' for women of other cultures looking to begin a career with the Edmonton Police Service.

At an Edmonton Police Commission meeting Thursday it was revealed that EPS is working on introducing a hijab option to the uniform.

Natasha Goudar with the Equity, Diversity and Human Rights Unit said the conversation started when a recruiter was asked if EPS would "ever even consider allowing someone to wear a hijab."

Goudar says officers have been working closely with various Muslim communities, talking to Imams about cultural implications and requirements.

"One of the big concerns for them was an educational element to the introduction of the hijab. They didn't want to just bring it in and have it sit on a shelf," she told the commission.

Goudar added that so far news of the new uniform piece is having a positive impact on young women in Muslim communities.

Those wearing a hijab, who thought a career in policing was out of reach because of their cultural practices are not seeing it as a tangible goal, she said.

"One young lady told me that she couldn't wait to pass this along to her sister, who didn't think it was possible because she wore a hijab. Now it's an option," she said.

"We started that conversation, and we're hopeful we're going to have a recruit wearing one soon."

The head scarf would be black in colour, and sit underneath the standard issued Edmonton police hat.

It's projected that the hijab could be ready to go in spring or summer 2014, Goudar said.

Newly appointed city councillor Scott McKeen was also sworn in as a member of the Edmonton Police Commission Thursday, and said he was impressed and proud of the work Goudar and her team have done.

He added that given the lengths that Quebec has gone to ban the cultural headpieces, the progress seen Thursday was even more impressive.

"This is coming at a time when another province is going in another direction," he told the commission.

"For that reason, I'm most certainly impressed."

The proposed Quebec Charter of Values threatens to forbid Quebec's public employees from wearing visible religious symbols — including hijabs, turbans, yarmulkes and larger-than-average crucifixes.

It wasn't that long ago that RCMP officers were prohibited from wearing turbans, a ban was lifted by the Canadian government in 1990 allowing members to don the cultural headpieces.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/11/21/edmonton-police-working-on-hijab-option-for-uniform">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/11/21/e ... or-uniform">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/11/21/edmonton-police-working-on-hijab-option-for-uniform

I am sorry Shen Li, but I cannot support any form of discrimination..

Besides, it only angers the community of Muslim followers..

Muslim women should have every right to wear a head scarf if they choose to.

keeper

I dont agree Fashy, well i do and i dont. I could care less what they wear at home ,on the street, Mc Donalds, but when they have a dress code for being an RCMP that dont fly with me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"I dont agree Fashy, well i do and i dont. I could care less what they wear at home ,on the street, Mc Donalds, but when they have a dress code for being an RCMP that dont fly with me.

Eggs ackly, wear their hate symbols on their time not on the taxpayers.

keeper

you call it a hate symbol? why do they wear them really? i honestly dont know. well or care just curious

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"you call it a hate symbol? why do they wear them really? i honestly dont know. well or care just curious

Millions of women around the world are forced to wear a hijab. Women that refuse may have acid thrown in their faces. The hijab is no different than a KKK hood. Symbols of oppression and hatred. They have no place on the Edmonton Police Service that I pay for.

cc

QuoteSymbols of oppression and hatred.
Unlike the kkk sheet which is worn by the perp, islam's attire is even more oppressive and demeaning.

islam,  "Misogyny Inc.",  dictates the  oppressive attire be worn by and further humiliate  the victims themselves of male and kranny oppression

Whether full tent with eye holes or a scarf to hide female hair, ALL female islamic attire has nothing to do with "religious symbols".

It is a blatant perverse barbaric "symbol of male power over females" - ALL perpetrators of this evil should not be allowed ANYWHERE in this so-called free country
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell