The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Hello to everyone!

Started by Saltydog, December 10, 2013, 12:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Saltydog

I'm from San Francisco, but I've lived in lots of places—New York, France, Rome, Guatemala. These days, I'm living in a small town in the north of New Zealand called Whangarei. My husband Peter and I washed up here five years ago in our sailboat Sereia, after cruising for two years through Central America and the Pacific. Now we have two kids, Silas and Miranda. Next year we'll be moving to the country, so we'll probably be adding to the family with some chickens and sheep.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Saltydog"I'm from San Francisco, but I've lived in lots of places—New York, France, Rome, Guatemala. These days, I'm living in a small town in the north of New Zealand called Whangarei. My husband Peter and I washed up here five years ago in our sailboat Sereia, after cruising for two years through Central America and the Pacific. Now we have two kids, Silas and Miranda. Next year we'll be moving to the country, so we'll probably be adding to the family with some chickens and sheep.

Hi Jugdish, you immature leftist asshole. :roll:

Saltydog

I started sailing with my brothers on the San Francisco Bay when I was a little kid. But after college, I saved my money and hitched a ride on a yacht in the Caribbean as a cook. That's what got me hooked for good - there was one morning, just at dawn, when I hung backwards over the lifelines and saw the moon in a pale pink sky, skimming over a water-washed planet, and that was it: I felt alive.

That was 43 years ago. But in that time, I've lived on a boat full-time for 15 years.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Saltydog"I started sailing with my brothers on the San Francisco Bay when I was a little kid. But after college, I saved my money and hitched a ride on a yacht in the Caribbean as a cook. That's what got me hooked for good - there was one morning, just at dawn, when I hung backwards over the lifelines and saw the moon in a pale pink sky, skimming over a water-washed planet, and that was it: I felt alive.

That was 43 years ago. But in that time, I've lived on a boat full-time for 15 years.

Smells of Death, you got more handles than the housewares department of Walmart or should I say Costco in your case.

Saltydog

Luckily, Peter was already an experienced captain. I like to tell him that's why I married him, but that's not true—he's pretty sexy, too.

Like most American-Canadian couples, we went on a buying spree, thinking that we needed all the right foods and all the right safety equipment, but we didn't really need any of it. Once we got out there, it became clear that all we needed was a well-founded boat, and each other

kissesXXX

Anonymous

Quote from: "Saltydog"Luckily, Peter was already an experienced captain. I like to tell him that's why I married him, but that's not true—he's pretty sexy, too.

Like most American-Canadian couples, we went on a buying spree, thinking that we needed all the right foods and all the right safety equipment, but we didn't really need any of it. Once we got out there, it became clear that all we needed was a well-founded boat, and each other

kissesXXX

So many handles and all of them are assholes.

Saltydog

The best days were coastal cruising along the coasts of Mexico and Central America, then again in the islands of French Polynesia. Wake up in a secluded bay, to the sound of tropical parrots twittering in the trees. Sip your coffee on deck, the boat gently rocking at anchor. Get up, stretch, maybe take a morning dip in sparkling blue water. Take the dinghy in to the beach to explore up a river, or hunt for coconuts. Sometimes go snorkeling, or do a little fishing.

Anonymous

Wouldn't you be happier on the fag forum with your little boyfriend hornEUng?

Saltydog

Of course, those were the best days. There were also the days when we had to take three buses to some dusty, blistering hot town to hunt for stainless steel hardware in Spanish! Or cope with crooked customs officials, or take the toilet apart. But for the most part, it was two years of paradise.

Anonymous

Ah go ahead and be an asshole if it makes you feel better Jugdish/Smells of Death. I'm going to bed.

Saltydog

The single biggest challenge was being pregnant for our crossing of the Pacific. The plan had been to have this romantic ocean crossing, and try for a baby along the way. But then Peter knocked me up in an Ecuadorian boatyard. This meant two things: we crossed the ocean at the height of my morning sickness, and I couldn't take my seasickness medication since it wasn't safe to take while pregnant.

For 27 days, I was sick as a dog. I could barely lift my head to choke down a little brown rice twice a day. I drank water, I listened to books on tape, and I threw up. Occasionally, I crawled up on deck to look at the endless sea. Peter steered our boat across the Pacific Ocean by himself. That man is incredible.

Anonymous

Fash, why on earth did you unban this asshole SMD? He's going to keep spamming the board ya know,

Saltydog

I can think of a few moments, but the one that stands out is when we left the boat at anchor in Acapulco and went on a road trip up into the mountains. A tropical storm rolled in while we were gone, and our boat dragged anchor, crashing into a small fiberglass fishing boat. Thankfully, no one was hurt—our boat weighs 21,000 lbs empty, and it could have caused some terrible injuries.

cc

While I would love to have the real Salty here, please eject this trash, Fash

He is merely spamming
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Saltydog

Then you don't have to post in my travel thread then you troll!

SMACK!