Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Cooter could use some help

Started by Blazor, October 11, 2020, 08:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazor

Ben Jones, aka Cooter from Dukes of Hazzard, has the Liberal hand of oppression waged against him. His cart host, has deemed him "offensive", even though he is a descendant of a slave. All of his Confederate items have to be removed by tonight from his site, or the cart host will shut him down. This is temporary, as he is switching cart hosts, but the sale is very impressive.

Dinky, get you a mask half off, $5, worldwide shipping.

Flags are pretty much half off too, Im gonna get a nice embroidery one. $20 instead of $40.

Im not spamming, Im trying to show support for someone who is not an offensive person, a good person. As well as let folks know of the good sale lol.

Here is the message from Cooter....

Hey Y'all,

My daddy used to tell me, "Don't put your business in the street..." He was an old-school railroad man. He mostly kept his opinions to himself, and he had a traditional sense of what should be private.

But in show business and in politics, two careers I've had in which I'd like to think I have been reasonably successful, what you do and think becomes public, and even the things that should be private have a way of "getting out there."

So as much as I like to keep my business "close to the vest" we have suddenly found ourselves in a position in which I must speak out and also ask for the support of our friends and fans. For the last few years, our online business has been handled by a company called "Shopify", which is based up in Canada. Its a big internet outfit and works in many countries. But like so much business in the digital age, it does not have a personal touch.

Out of nowhere, totally unexpected, an unsigned e-mail arrived from Shopify which informed us that we were in violation of their "hateful content" policy, and if we didn't remove everything with the Confederate Battle Flag on it within 10 days, they were going to pull the plug on our business, basically putting our internet shop out of business.

You can probably guess what my response is. We have a really distinguished attorney, a man of character and intellect. He is dealing with that aspect of it, letting them know that this is a punitive action on their part and an unexpected body blow to our company. We will be pursuing this as a legal matter, while at the same time telling "Shopify" to "fold it four ways, tie a ribbon around it, and put it where the moon don't shine!" That is nicest way I can put it.

For we are Christian people. The Flag is a Christian Cross, the Crucifixion Cross of St. Andrew, who was thought to be Christ's first Disciple. It is a symbol which has been used for 2,000 years in his honor and memory. We honor the spirit and sacrifice of all of the South's people, and I share the blood of my African brothers and sisters. The Dukes of Hazzard has a huge African-American following, and that audience has enjoyed the sweet nature and good fun of our show as much as anyone in the 40+ nations where our show has been seen, for over 40 years now.

As one who was deeply involved in the Civil RIghts Movement of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and as one who is descended from a slave, and as one who personally knows and cares about hundreds of our African/American fans, I am offended close to the point of rage at this latest example of narrow minded sanctimony and political correctness. It is dividing our nation on a daily basis. It is wrong, and the people behind it are wrong.

So we are transferring everything to another internet web host. But that is an enormous job and will take some time. In the meanwhile, we've put all our merchandise with images of our beloved flag on sale. The sale will last through Monday, Oct. 12th. By then we'll say goodbye to Shopify.

The truly intolerant and narrow minded bigots are those who have no idea about the good hearts and the undying love of those of us who side with Uncle Jesse rather than George Soros. What kind of people would we be if we just caved to these self-righteous and narrow minded people?

Unlike these boneheads, we understand our culture, our heritage, and the great and colorblind television show that has made millions of friends around the world, who understand that our show is about people looking out for one another, regardless of their color or age or politics or whether or not they are poor or are millionaires. Hazzard Nation is a loving bunch of people who are not impressed by the latest political idiocy.

Hang in there,

Ben Jones aka "Cooter"

P.S.

Now, here is how Shopify defines "Hateful Content".

Hateful content: You may not use the Services to promote or condone hate or violence against people based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, veteran status or other forms of discriminatory intolerance. You may not use the Services to promote or support organizations, platforms or people that: (i) promote or condone such hate; or (ii) threaten or condone violence to further a cause.

Does that sound like us to you?? Seems to me that we do is the opposite of "hateful content".

https://scontent.fric1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/121096434_2062603500540983_1719551251006597472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=M0SnyNrNB_oAX-tq_mp&_nc_ht=scontent.fric1-1.fna&oh=f88fa8a9270ae912010ba31ba2bbb08f&oe=5FA86E17">

cootersplace.com

If you love Dukes of Hazzard, or the South, you have to support this guy.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Frood

Put some masks in the checkout and realised the cheapest shipping was 27.00 and up to 70.00...

I don't want that much...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

The article is long.....I'll read it tomorrow.

Anonymous

Old Cooter has a drop of chocolate in him. That I would not have guessed.

Anonymous

I read your entire post Blazor..

So, the problem is that Ben Jones is selling products with the Confederate American flag which is now considered a symbol of evil like the nazi flag or imperial Japan's flag.

Blazor

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=386366 time=1602471091 user_id=1676
Put some masks in the checkout and realised the cheapest shipping was 27.00 and up to 70.00...

I don't want that much...

Well shit! I knew you wanted some of them masks lol.

I ordered a few things, like a nice embroidered flag, a sticker, and some temporary tattoos  :laugh:

My shipping was a tad high too, especially since its coming from only 4-5 hours away, $9 for shipping.

Here ya go, this is the face mask I got when I was there a month ago  :laugh:

https://i.ibb.co/9GXGZTr/Confederate-Mask.jpg">

Blazor

Quote from: Herman post_id=386374 time=1602484304 user_id=1689
Old Cooter has a drop of chocolate in him. That I would not have guessed.

Surprised me too!

Ol' Cooter knows the truth though, which is why I can relate to how angry he is about all this.

Blazor

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=386381 time=1602509940 user_id=3254

So, the problem is that Ben Jones is selling products with the Confederate American flag which is now considered a symbol of evil like the nazi flag or imperial Japan's flag.

Yes! Only its not! Its also the flag that is on the General Lee car in the show.

This not only affects Ben, aka Cooter from the show, but anyone with a Shopify cart system.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=386391 time=1602513017 user_id=2221

Yes! Only its not! Its also the flag that is on the General Lee car in the show.

This not only affects Ben, aka Cooter from the show, but anyone with a Shopify cart system.

Do you mean if someone was to purchase something with the Confederate American flag on it they would be blackballed?

Blazor

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=386395 time=1602513396 user_id=3254

Do you mean if someone was to purchase something with the Confederate American flag on it they would be blackballed?

Im saying any website selling Confederate stuff, that has a Shopify cart system, will have their e-store closed, if those items are not removed. I saw where other stores were threatened too, or had their store shut down. Its not the customer that is affected, other than being denied the ability to purchase these items, its the store owners.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=386397 time=1602513729 user_id=2221
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=386395 time=1602513396 user_id=3254

Im saying any website selling Confederate stuff, that has a Shopify cart system, will have their e-store closed, if those items are not removed. I saw where other stores were threatened too, or had their store shut down. Its not the customer that is affected, other than being denied the ability to purchase these items, its the store owners.

But the Antifa Handbook by Mark Bray is probably okay.

Anonymous

Cowardly corporations. It's the price of being allowed to do business on this fucked up continent of ours.

Blazor

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=386398 time=1602513949 user_id=3254
But the Antifa Handbook by Mark Bray is probably okay.

Oh Im sure! Frickin' hypocrites!

Anonymous

So, Ben Jones has some jigaboo in him?

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=386354 time=1602462978 user_id=2221
Ben Jones, aka Cooter from Dukes of Hazzard, has the Liberal hand of oppression waged against him. His cart host, has deemed him "offensive", even though he is a descendant of a slave. All of his Confederate items have to be removed by tonight from his site, or the cart host will shut him down. This is temporary, as he is switching cart hosts, but the sale is very impressive.

Dinky, get you a mask half off, $5, worldwide shipping.

Flags are pretty much half off too, Im gonna get a nice embroidery one. $20 instead of $40.

Im not spamming, Im trying to show support for someone who is not an offensive person, a good person. As well as let folks know of the good sale lol.

Here is the message from Cooter....

Hey Y'all,

My daddy used to tell me, "Don't put your business in the street..." He was an old-school railroad man. He mostly kept his opinions to himself, and he had a traditional sense of what should be private.

But in show business and in politics, two careers I've had in which I'd like to think I have been reasonably successful, what you do and think becomes public, and even the things that should be private have a way of "getting out there."

So as much as I like to keep my business "close to the vest" we have suddenly found ourselves in a position in which I must speak out and also ask for the support of our friends and fans. For the last few years, our online business has been handled by a company called "Shopify", which is based up in Canada. Its a big internet outfit and works in many countries. But like so much business in the digital age, it does not have a personal touch.

Out of nowhere, totally unexpected, an unsigned e-mail arrived from Shopify which informed us that we were in violation of their "hateful content" policy, and if we didn't remove everything with the Confederate Battle Flag on it within 10 days, they were going to pull the plug on our business, basically putting our internet shop out of business.

You can probably guess what my response is. We have a really distinguished attorney, a man of character and intellect. He is dealing with that aspect of it, letting them know that this is a punitive action on their part and an unexpected body blow to our company. We will be pursuing this as a legal matter, while at the same time telling "Shopify" to "fold it four ways, tie a ribbon around it, and put it where the moon don't shine!" That is nicest way I can put it.

For we are Christian people. The Flag is a Christian Cross, the Crucifixion Cross of St. Andrew, who was thought to be Christ's first Disciple. It is a symbol which has been used for 2,000 years in his honor and memory. We honor the spirit and sacrifice of all of the South's people, and I share the blood of my African brothers and sisters. The Dukes of Hazzard has a huge African-American following, and that audience has enjoyed the sweet nature and good fun of our show as much as anyone in the 40+ nations where our show has been seen, for over 40 years now.

As one who was deeply involved in the Civil RIghts Movement of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and as one who is descended from a slave, and as one who personally knows and cares about hundreds of our African/American fans, I am offended close to the point of rage at this latest example of narrow minded sanctimony and political correctness. It is dividing our nation on a daily basis. It is wrong, and the people behind it are wrong.

So we are transferring everything to another internet web host. But that is an enormous job and will take some time. In the meanwhile, we've put all our merchandise with images of our beloved flag on sale. The sale will last through Monday, Oct. 12th. By then we'll say goodbye to Shopify.

The truly intolerant and narrow minded bigots are those who have no idea about the good hearts and the undying love of those of us who side with Uncle Jesse rather than George Soros. What kind of people would we be if we just caved to these self-righteous and narrow minded people?

Unlike these boneheads, we understand our culture, our heritage, and the great and colorblind television show that has made millions of friends around the world, who understand that our show is about people looking out for one another, regardless of their color or age or politics or whether or not they are poor or are millionaires. Hazzard Nation is a loving bunch of people who are not impressed by the latest political idiocy.

Hang in there,

Ben Jones aka "Cooter"

P.S.

Now, here is how Shopify defines "Hateful Content".

Hateful content: You may not use the Services to promote or condone hate or violence against people based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, veteran status or other forms of discriminatory intolerance. You may not use the Services to promote or support organizations, platforms or people that: (i) promote or condone such hate; or (ii) threaten or condone violence to further a cause.

Does that sound like us to you?? Seems to me that we do is the opposite of "hateful content".

https://scontent.fric1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/121096434_2062603500540983_1719551251006597472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=M0SnyNrNB_oAX-tq_mp&_nc_ht=scontent.fric1-1.fna&oh=f88fa8a9270ae912010ba31ba2bbb08f&oe=5FA86E17">

cootersplace.com

If you love Dukes of Hazzard, or the South, you have to support this guy.

I am so sick of this.