The best topic

Replies: 10380
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:23:38 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

What was one of the best....

Started by keeper, December 13, 2013, 10:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

keeper

Christmas Presents you got as a kid growing up.

I have 2, I remember opening a HUGE present that was taller then I was, I don't recall the name brand but it had a Cowboys complete kit, 2 Cap gun rifles, 2 cap gun pistols, the holsters, cowboy hat , stirrups , and belt. That was my bestest presents that year. That same year I also got an etchsketch (I think that's how you spell it lol)

What was yours?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Christmas Presents you got as a kid growing up.

I have 2, I remember opening a HUGE present that was taller then I was, I don't recall the name brand but it had a Cowboys complete kit, 2 Cap gun rifles, 2 cap gun pistols, the holsters, cowboy hat , stirrups , and belt. That was my bestest presents that year. That same year I also got an etchsketch (I think that's how you spell it lol)

What was yours?

I really didn't get Christmas presents Keeps because we didn't celebrate it. This December 25th marks my my 20th X-mas in Canada. In China I got envelopes of money and chocolate money for Spring Festival. We kept the tradition alive when we came to Canada. We eventually started incorporating some of the holiday rituals and decorations, but not as much as native born Canadians.

Frost

I got this huge firetruck as a kid i had been wanting, it was at least three feet long with a ladder that came out like a real one :)

Well it was nice till I decided to take it apart, and couldn't get the caps that held the wheels back on :( they just needed hammered back, but nobody had the time. :(

I remember some cap guns, and an outfit :) still have pictures wearing them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I got this huge firetruck as a kid i had been wanting, it was at least three feet long with a ladder that came out like a real one :)

Well it was nice till I decided to take it apart, and couldn't get the caps that held the wheels back on :( they just needed hammered back, but nobody had the time. :(

I remember some cap guns, and an outfit :) still have pictures wearing them.

Hey, we'd love to see the little Lone Ranger. ;)

Annie

An electric shaver. I got one after my Mom lifted up my arms and showed my pits to my sister and asked "Is it time for her to start shaving?" It was a pink Lady Shave and it seemed to last forever. I had the thing for like 15 years!
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

If I was to single out one gift I received as a child that I feel was the best would be a pair of ice skates with a voucher for skating lessons..

My family being from a sub tropical country like Taiwan, they have no clue about ice skating..

They could see how popular skating and hockey are in Canada and they wanted us to assimilate..

I still skate regularly today, on ice in the winter and inline in the summer..

My brother plays hockey in a men's recreational league..

We are thankful that our parents bought us those wonderful gifts.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"An electric shaver. I got one after my Mom lifted up my arms and showed my pits to my sister and asked "Is it time for her to start shaving?" It was a pink Lady Shave and it seemed to last forever. I had the thing for like 15 years!

Ah, ur one of those hairy white chicks Annie? I don't shave my pits because I do not grow hair under my arms.

Gary Oak

I got a new bike when I was 12. I rode that thing everyehere and anytime I could. I used to have a blast riding it to DTES and laugh at all the chugaboos.  :ugeek:

keeper

I bet it had a Banana Seat with roll handle bars.... I loved those bikes., Classic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"I got a new bike when I was 12. I rode that thing everyehere and anytime I could. I used to have a blast riding it to DTES and laugh at all the chugaboos.  :ugeek:

Gary, why must you bring racial bigotry into every thread?

:x

Annie

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Annie"An electric shaver. I got one after my Mom lifted up my arms and showed my pits to my sister and asked "Is it time for her to start shaving?" It was a pink Lady Shave and it seemed to last forever. I had the thing for like 15 years!

Ah, ur one of those hairy white chicks Annie? I don't shave my pits because I do not grow hair under my arms.

My pits were so hairy when I was a kid that other kids used to tease me and say I had a forest growing under there  :lol:  That's until I got my Lady Shave! Thank you Lady Shave!

I should of been a spokesmodel for Lady Shave  :D
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

My pits were so hairy when I was a kid that other kids used to tease me and say I had a forest growing under there  :lol:  That's until I got my Lady Shave! Thank you Lady Shave!

I should of been a spokesmodel for Lady Shave  :D

I am glad to see there is no angry feelings between yourself and Shen Li..

I am quite surprised by Ms. evs comments on Vancouver Forum.

Annie

I have no ill feelings towards Shen, I know she was just poking fun at the situation. You should see my brother! He's super hairy! I used to tease him and call him my little monkey brother  :lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I have no ill feelings towards Shen, I know she was just poking fun at the situation. You should see my brother! He's super hairy! I used to tease him and call him my little monkey brother  :lol:

I am so glad about that Ms. Annie..

Thank you for confirming it was only Ms. evs that made this into something it wasn't.

keeper

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Annie"I have no ill feelings towards Shen, I know she was just poking fun at the situation. You should see my brother! He's super hairy! I used to tease him and call him my little monkey brother  :lol:

I am so glad about that Ms. Annie..

Thank you for confirming it was only Ms. evs that made this into something it wasn't.

The hypocrite made it into something it WASNT because she does not like Shen, Nothing less nothing more. Do you think her thread would have been made if mimi said that??

Im going to go out on a limb here and say NO!!!