News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7378
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

"China Airpocalypse" it is called by many - Comments?

Started by cc, December 14, 2013, 05:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

OK. With a relatively small amount of time spent in China, I'm not expert on the area at all.

This is Aljazeera talking so take it for what it is worth. But current conditions are know to be serious. Comments from those who know the region most welcomed

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/101east/2013/12/china-airpocalypse-2013129105135331303.html">China Airpocalypse : As air pollution hits toxic levels, China counts the human cost of its rapid economic growth.

In January 2013, a dense yellow fog shrouded northern China in one of the most alarming incidents of air pollution on record.

Readings of the smallest - and deadliest - airborne particles soared to nearly 40 times recommended safety levels. Residents were warned to stay indoors; expats dubbed it the "Airpocalypse"; and Chinese media were given unprecedented freedom to report on the toxic air conditions.

For many Chinese, it brought a stark realisation of how hazardous air pollution had become, but the worst may still be ahead. A Deutsche Bank report released in February said the current trends of coal use and automobile emissions suggest air pollution could worsen by an additional 70 percent by 2025. In China's five northwestern provinces alone, carbon dioxide emissions from coal production are predicted to rise by 1,400 million tonnes by 2015, an amount equal to Russia's entire national output in 2010.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/101east/2013/12/china-airpocalypse-2013129105135331303.html">Much More
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Rambo Wong

Yeah right, CC Li Tarte , showing that you are not but a racist, sinophobic, homophobic spammer cyberbully liar?

cc

LOL

Hi Wambow Aways Wong

Got any further "to the  Aljazeera issue" comments?  .... Prolly not I'm guessin

Well, I'm off to adjust my huge tits, curl my long blonde hair and highlight my baby-blue eyes .... but I'll be back to view your intelligent comments on the smog

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"OK. With a relatively small amount of time spent in China, I'm not expert on the area at all.

This is Aljazeera talking so take it for what it is worth. But current conditions are know to be serious. Comments from those who know the region most welcomed

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/101east/2013/12/china-airpocalypse-2013129105135331303.html">China Airpocalypse : As air pollution hits toxic levels, China counts the human cost of its rapid economic growth.

In January 2013, a dense yellow fog shrouded northern China in one of the most alarming incidents of air pollution on record.

Readings of the smallest - and deadliest - airborne particles soared to nearly 40 times recommended safety levels. Residents were warned to stay indoors; expats dubbed it the "Airpocalypse"; and Chinese media were given unprecedented freedom to report on the toxic air conditions.

For many Chinese, it brought a stark realisation of how hazardous air pollution had become, but the worst may still be ahead. A Deutsche Bank report released in February said the current trends of coal use and automobile emissions suggest air pollution could worsen by an additional 70 percent by 2025. In China's five northwestern provinces alone, carbon dioxide emissions from coal production are predicted to rise by 1,400 million tonnes by 2015, an amount equal to Russia's entire national output in 2010.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/101east/2013/12/china-airpocalypse-2013129105135331303.html">Much More

Ms. cc li tarte, I have relatives working on the mainland and they have said some days they cough the air is so bad..

Time will tell how the cost to the health of people will have on China's long term prospects.

Anonymous

CC, China has deviated somewhat from the Asian tiger growth model. I mean they all started out with authoritarian governments, targeted key industries and pursued high growth rates. However, China is hardly Singapore or Korea. It is a massive chunk of real estate. The energy and environmental policies in those countries are not automatically transferable to a country wit 1.4 billion people.

China is the most polluted country I have ever seen and if anything it has gotten much worse since I left there 20 years ago. What China should be doing is retrofitting all those disgusting coal-fired power plants and buying LNG from BC. If the fucking West Coast greenies actually gave a fuck about the environment instead of money they would be getting on board with that.

keeper

China good, Air Bad.

Thats all i have to say.

Oh Chinese food good too

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"China good, Air Bad.

Thats all i have to say.

Oh Chinese food good too

Not quite that black and white.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Keeper"Oh Chinese food good too

There you go!! Getting all wassist again,

lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"
Quote from: "Keeper"Oh Chinese food good too

lol

Ah shaddap, you hairy white chick. :lol:

Rambo Wong

More proofs Fashionista is a racist, sinophobic, fucked in the head crap n' drool cyberbully spammer telling lies about China.

cc

lol

You got me on that one Shen

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte" There you go!! Getting all wassist again,

lol

You got me on that one Shen

I don't like Shen Li's humour sometimes, but I am glad you and her can joke with each other.

:)

Rambo Wong

Another anti China thread for those fruitcake moron  nutcases Shen Li,,cc latarte, Fashionista and Obvious Li to prove what racist, sinophobic,homophobic crap'n drool anti semitic, twirlybrained, lying spammers they are.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rambo Wong"Another anti China thread for those fruitcake moron  nutcases Shen Li,,cc latarte, Fashionista and Obvious Li to prove what racist, sinophobic,homophobic crap'n drool anti semitic, twirlybrained, lying spammers they are.

Yeah, where have I heard that one before. :roll: Just a heads up ho, that line will NOT help you lose your virginity in 2014.

cc

You see Fash, humor and over the top exaggeration are effective hard hitting tools to hit racist stereotypes with. Also, making fun of one's own self can effectively demonstrate how silly  stereotypes are ... while recognizing that some  traits are common to different groups.