Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

What do Canadians want? More taxes of course

Started by Anonymous, November 21, 2020, 12:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

These biased left wing pollsters never seem to ask my opinion.

A Wealth Tax For Canada? New Poll Shows Overwhelming Public Support

Even a majority of Conservatives would like to see the idea happen.

A strong majority of Canadians would support a wealth tax on the rich and a temporary "profiteer" tax on those businesses that have seen profits soar during the pandemic, a new survey has found.

Among 1,660 Canadians polled by Abacus Data, nearly eight in 10 ― 79 per cent ― backed the idea of a one per cent wealth tax on fortunes of $20 million or more. That includes 35 per cent who "strongly favour" the tax.

The idea has the backing of 86 per cent of self-identified Liberals, 87 per cent of NDP supporters, 93 per cent of Bloc Quebecois supporters and even 64 per cent of Conservative voters, who typically oppose tax hikes.

"Raising taxes on the rich and highly profitable corporations is one of the few ideas that both progressives and right populists agree on. Both groups are key parts of the Liberal and Conservative parties' coalitions."

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/wealth-tax-canada-poll_ca_5fb7ec50c5b625a2ae66dbda">https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/wea ... a2ae66dbda">https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/wealth-tax-canada-poll_ca_5fb7ec50c5b625a2ae66dbda

Anonymous

I don't believe this survey. However, taxes are going up in Canada. The federal deficit for next year will be close to 40% of GDP. All the provinces are running record deficits too. We know no elected government in Canada has the gonads to cut spending, so taxes will skyrocket in coming years. Taxing the rich will be their motto, but then they'll come after the equity in your home.

Anyway, that's my political rant for the day.

Anonymous

I totally support taxing the hell out of the rich.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=391234 time=1605984356 user_id=2015
I totally support taxing the hell out of the rich.

U R a fucking tool.

Anonymous

For me, it depends on who is defined as rich. I consider myself comfortable, but politicians might decide old Herman is rich.

cc

Let's talk about what drives (or stalls)  jobs for the general population.

Other than govt it's those who invest in businesses, right?

OK. The people who build and later decide to build or not and / or  increase the size or shrink it ..  do so based on what they calculate they will take home "after taxes"

If each decides that after tax income is not worth building or expanding businesses that employ people because it's better and less risky for them to park cash in safe investments (which make jobs only for Seoul and his fellow investment financial advisors  :wink: ) .. they will not build or expand businesses .. resulting in loss of jobs for regular folk

This is so logical / obvious that I'm a tad embarrassed saying it, so I'll conclude fast

So, as to taxing the rich hard .. expect jobs for worker folk to decrease ... and the more they are taxed, expect far fewer  jobs to be  available

(and that's not even mentioning the amount they will / can pay the people who work for them).

In the end, it's merely simple math that never fails to dictate the availability of jobs up or down

No incentive, no jobs
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=391257 time=1605990228 user_id=88
Let's talk about what drives (or stalls)  jobs for the general population.

Other than govt it's those who invest in businesses, right?

OK. The people who build and later decide to build or not and / or  increase the size or shrink it ..  do so based on what they calculate they will take home "after taxes"

If each decides that after tax income is not worth building or expanding businesses that employ people because it's better and less risky for them to park cash in safe investments (which make jobs only for Seoul and his fellow investment financial advisors  :wink: ) .. they will not build or expand businesses .. resulting in loss of jobs for regular folk

This is so logical / obvious that I'm a tad embarrassed saying it, so I'll conclude fast

So, as to taxing the rich hard .. expect jobs for worker folk to decrease ... and the more they are taxed, expect far fewer  jobs to be  available

(and that's not even mentioning the amount they will / can pay the people who work for them).

In the end, it's merely simple math that never fails to dictate the availability of jobs up or down

No incentive, no jobs

I agree cc. White people are retarded.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=391261 time=1605992713 user_id=88
But not me, right?  ac_biggrin

U R a Jewish white, so that would explain your ability to think.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=391248 time=1605987517 user_id=1689
For me, it depends on who is defined as rich. I consider myself comfortable, but politicians might decide old Herman is rich.

Despite what IHJ thinks, class warfare doesn't bode well for the average man or woman.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=391309 time=1606069398 user_id=114

Despite what IHJ thinks, class warfare doesn't bode well for the average man or woman.

Justine raised taxes on people making over two hundred grand because they are rich.  The idiot also ended income splitting that raised taxes for most families.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=391313 time=1606071721 user_id=1689
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=391309 time=1606069398 user_id=114

Justine raised taxes on people making over two hundred grand because they are rich.  The idiot also ended income splitting that raised taxes for most families.

Including mine.