Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

I just deleted my Amazon account

Started by Oliver Clotheshoffe, January 11, 2021, 10:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=403641 time=1614464976 user_id=1689
The attempt by several House Democrats to pressure television carriers to deplatform certain news organizations could trigger a lawsuit, law professor Alan Dershowitz said Saturday.

"When the First Amendment says Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech, it's been interpreted to mean, take no action, it doesn't have to be law. The First Amendment applies to presidents to governors to mayors to anybody who can abridge the freedom of speech. And I think these letters abridge the freedom of speech," Dershowitz said during an appearance on Newsmax TV.

The Democrats are focused on restricting speech they don't like.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=403663 time=1614476801 user_id=2015
The Democrats are focused on restricting speech they don't like.

That is their main game .. and they are winning it overall .. bigtime

And when  they win it, they have won forever rule  ... start to think "dystopia"

I sure am .. in fact, as I see it all, we are essentially there now
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Taiwan has a freer media than Canada or the USA.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=403679 time=1614489145 user_id=3254

So does North Korea. :laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=403695 time=1614503417 user_id=2015
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=403679 time=1614489145 user_id=3254

So does North Korea. :laugh3:

It's not that bad yet.

kiebers

I think we should cancel Amazon...

Amazon pulls Clarence Thomas documentary during Black History Month

Director says Amazon stopped streaming the documentary without providing an explanation

">

https://www.theblaze.com/news/amazon-pulls-clarence-thomas-documentary">https://www.theblaze.com/news/amazon-pu ... ocumentary">https://www.theblaze.com/news/amazon-pulls-clarence-thomas-documentary
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

cc

No "house ni--ers" allowed ^^ .. uuh huu

I never did like Amazog type sites  .. like WTF? One is buying from someone one has no clue about? .. and always bought from factories and /  or legitimate and known distributors directly

Now that Amazog are censoring / cancelling, I'm making it an unbreakable rule  under any circumstances now
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: kiebers post_id=403717 time=1614534511 user_id=193
I think we should cancel Amazon...

Amazon pulls Clarence Thomas documentary during Black History Month

Director says Amazon stopped streaming the documentary without providing an explanation

">

https://www.theblaze.com/news/amazon-pulls-clarence-thomas-documentary">https://www.theblaze.com/news/amazon-pu ... ocumentary">https://www.theblaze.com/news/amazon-pulls-clarence-thomas-documentary

Clarence Thomas is a major historical figure who happens to be black.

Anonymous

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) held a press conference Friday to discuss new legislation that would prohibit social media companies from censoring viewpoints.

The governor was joined by state Sen. Bryan Hughes to discuss his bill, Senate Bill 12, which "will help prohibit social media companies from censoring Texans based on the viewpoints they express."

"Conservative speech will not be canceled in the state of Texas," Abbott said. "We see that the First Amendment is under assault by the social media companies, and that is not going to be tolerated in Texas."

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=404254 time=1614986051 user_id=1689
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) held a press conference Friday to discuss new legislation that would prohibit social media companies from censoring viewpoints.

The governor was joined by state Sen. Bryan Hughes to discuss his bill, Senate Bill 12, which "will help prohibit social media companies from censoring Texans based on the viewpoints they express."

"Conservative speech will not be canceled in the state of Texas," Abbott said. "We see that the First Amendment is under assault by the social media companies, and that is not going to be tolerated in Texas."

I like kiebers' governor. :thumbup:

Anonymous

Popular Twitter troll revealed to be on Democrat PAC payroll and the backlash is brutal

'People are finding out that the 'Brooklyn Dad' dude on twitter is a paid shill for the Democrats. Twitter is full of paid democrat shills like him

https://www.theblaze.com/news/brooklyn-dad-padellan-pac-paid?utm_source=theblaze-dailyAM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__AM%202021-03-11&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20AM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/brooklyn- ... Daily%20AM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/brooklyn-dad-padellan-pac-paid?utm_source=theblaze-dailyAM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__AM%202021-03-11&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20AM

A popular liberal Twitter troll was revealed to be on the payroll of a Democrat PAC and the online backlash from both sides was palpable.

Majid Padellan runs a Twitter account with nearly 900,000 followers, but many on social media are reeling after a financial filing from a Democratic PAC revealed how much they paid him as part of their pro-Biden campaign.

Padellan, who tweets with the moniker "Brooklyn Dad," responded to the accusations on Wednesday by referring to his account profile that disclosed that he was a senior adviser for the Really American political action committee.

"Just woke up, saw Brooklyn Dad trending because a bunch of folks thought I was hiding information clearly stated in my profile, but even MORE of you stood up for me," he said.

However, his critics pointed out that the admission didn't say that he was a paid adviser. The disclosure was posted and circulated widely on social media and showed that he was paid $57,088 in the 2020 political cycle.

Progressives pounced on the news to attack Padellan for his tweets against Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) during the Democratic presidential primary. Others criticized him for not disclosing his paid status.

"Brooklyn Dad being a paid Dem op is pretty unsurprising, it absolutely does pay to have/promote s****y political opinions in America," tweeted the account that posted the financial filing.

"Wait Brooklyn Dad Defiant is a paid shill for centrist Dems who gets tens of thousands to tweet out DNC talking points. Didn't see that coming!" tweeted Jeer Heet, a correspondent for National Affairs.

"Political operatives should have to disclose their affiliations on social media. That's my feeling on this Brooklyn Dad situation. Online astroturfing is a problem even when it's not Russian," said Walter Bragman, a contributor to Jacobin Mag.

"He made more than $57k in 6 months from the super PAC...That's more than most journalists I know," he added.

"This is just proof of what we have already known. The DNC pays non-FBA immigrants like that 'Brooklyn Dad' dude to troll Foundational Black Americans on twitter to try and disrupt and steer our narratives," responded Tariq Nasheed, a black activist.

"People are finding out that the 'Brooklyn Dad' dude on twitter is a paid shill for the Democrats. Twitter is full of paid democrat shills like him," he added.

"Truly we are living in The Twilight of the Resistance Grifters," Heet said.

The social media feud was the latest battle between the progressive far-left wing of the party and the more centrist establishment wing.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Facebook Voter Drive Swayed Election to Biden: Executive Caught on Camera

Facebook's drive to register 4.5 million voters swayed the November election to President Joe Biden, a Facebook executive opined in hidden camera footage.

The executive, Benny Thomas, expressed grim views of the giant tech company, but counted the voter drive among its positives while secretly being recorded earlier this year by reporters with Project Veritas, an undercover journalism nonprofit.

"This is the good side of Facebook. ... We made a big difference," he said in a video released by Veritas on March 16, explaining that Facebook exceeded its goal of registering 4 million people and could only accomplish the task because of its "sheer scale and reach."

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure we [Biden] won that way," the reporter said.

"Yea!" Thomas replied, laughing. "Exactly!"

"What do you think?" the reporter jumped in.

"Exactly. I think so too," he said.

Thomas's LinkedIn profile describes his position as Global Planning Lead – Creative & Experiential at Facebook since September 2019.

Facebook didn't immediately respond to a request by The Epoch Times for comment.

Thomas suggested to one of the reporters that Facebook needs to do more to control speech on its platforms.

"People are believing whatever they see, and it's just causing a crisis," he said in another video published by Veritas on March 15.

When asked about his views on solutions, he said, "The answer is just more controls, more safeguards. ... To give people a guide to behavior."

Behavior needs to be kept in check through surveillance, he suggested.

"That's called democracy. Somebody is always watching you so that you behave well," he said.

On the other hand, he acknowledged that Facebook's judgments are necessarily biased, even when machine-driven.

"There's always built-in bias because this is the myth that computer programmers told us, which is, 'Oh, these are computers, computers don't have bias.' But guess what? Human beings wrote that code. And that human being has bias."

Conservatives and some liberals have long complained that Facebook is censoring political speech based on vague, partly secret, ever-changing, and unevenly enforced policies.

Thomas also said Facebook and Google have grown so powerful, they need to be broken up.

"The government needs to step in and break up Google and Facebook. I'll make less money, but it's a better thing for the world," he said.

Facebook needs to be stripped of its major subsidiaries, he suggested.

"Instagram, Facebook, Messenger, Oculus, WhatsApp. They all need to be separate companies. It's too much power when they're all one together," he said.

"It needs to be broken up the way the telecom companies were broken up and the oil companies were broken up. But better than that, because those guys just came back together pretty soon after that. I hope we've learned from that. But that's really the one thing, as you said, I would break it up, and I would remove Zuck [Mark Zuckerberg] as the CEO."

Facebook's power ceases to be innocuous, he said, "when you weaponize it as a politician and you go, 'Tell me, show me people who are racist,'" such as when "a racist politician" is looking to target messaging to "several racists who will vote" for him.

When the reporter asked who would decide what makes one a racist and how would Facebook determine it, Thomas mused, "What would be a proxy for a racist?"

"Lives in all-white town, education, religious preference," he said. "So you can triangulate three or four data points and say, 'She's likely to be racist.'"

Thomas also criticized Zuckerberg's investment in gene-editing technology.

"It's eugenics. I don't know any way to stop it. I think the genie's out of the bottle," he said.

He worries the technology would lead to the development of a "superior race" of people and extreme polarization of society into "haves" and "have-nots" that goes beyond mere wealth differences.

"They have a thing that I can never have," he said, describing the position of the "have-nots."

When confronted by one of the reporters, Thomas refused to go on record and clarify his comments.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/facebook-voter-drive-swayed-election-to-biden-executive-caught-on-camera-as-saying_3737902.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&email=vanj_2005@hotmail.com&utm_campaign=mb-2021-03-18">https://www.theepochtimes.com/facebook- ... 2021-03-18">https://www.theepochtimes.com/facebook-voter-drive-swayed-election-to-biden-executive-caught-on-camera-as-saying_3737902.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&email=vanj_2005@hotmail.com&utm_campaign=mb-2021-03-18

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyxd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/162044808_5106944356047146_1533631500533265946_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=El1p3zIfVvAAX9OSps1&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.fna&oh=3f835cae81e06803845ec2d91b436421&oe=6079EA9B">

Odinson

Youtube needs to verify your age now.

Via credit-card or ID.