Last post: Today at 02:03:25 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Bad News Biden

Started by cc, January 17, 2021, 07:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=398354 time=1611010798 user_id=2015
Quote from: cc post_id=398352 time=1611010654 user_id=88
So much for T's "We will not free trade with counties who treat their people badly"

Biden > "No sweat on that"

Progs are so bad for labour rights.

Yes, and don't care about gross abuse of other country's people ... no repercussions, business as usual
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=398355 time=1611013958 user_id=88
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=398354 time=1611010798 user_id=2015
Quote from: cc post_id=398352 time=1611010654 user_id=88
So much for T's "We will not free trade with counties who treat their people badly"

Biden > "No sweat on that"

Progs are so bad for labour rights.

Yes, and don't care about gross abuse of other country's people ... no repercussions, business as usual

Just because Western countries block resource development doesn't mean resources aren't being developed..

They just move to countries that don't care human rights and environmental protection.

cc

It's like us stopping pollution while the worst offenders keep churning it out - End result overall virtually nothing gained
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Odinson

"Incoming Biden administration to migrant caravan: Don't come, you won't get in immediately

"The situation at the border isn't going to be transformed overnight," a senior Biden transition official told NBC News in an exclusive interview."

Why not?

Just tell the border officials to go home... Its just one phonecall.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=398362 time=1611021299 user_id=136
"Incoming Biden administration to migrant caravan: Don't come, you won't get in immediately

"The situation at the border isn't going to be transformed overnight," a senior Biden transition official told NBC News in an exclusive interview."

Why not?

Just tell the border officials to go home... Its just one phonecall.

But, that is Biden's plan-no border on the South.

Anonymous

Alberta has two big problems right now — vaccine and the Keystone XL pipeline. And they have to rely on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to get us out of both of them.

Trudeau so badly botched vaccine acquisition that Canada is now running out of supply with under two per cent of the population vaccinated. Canadians are now likely facing a four-week or longer delay until new shipments arrive. Alberta has created the most efficient vaccination program in Canada.

Nearly 100,000 Albertans will have received at least their first dose of the twodose Pfizer vaccine by the time our supply from Ottawa runs out late Monday or early Tuesday. They could inoculate 50,000 a week now and 200,000 a week by the end of March — if Ottawa would ship us supplies.

Thankfully Alberta prioritized seniors' homes and emergency health workers. By the time the supply dries up on Tuesday, Alberta Health Services should have vaccinated the residents of all long-term care facilities in Alberta, along with most critical care doctors, nurses and technicians.

Alberta can't do anything on its own to persuade the new administration to keep the line alive. That requires Ottawa's intervention.

Trudeau claims he made the case for Keystone strongly when he called Biden to congratulate him last November. But was Trudeau's heart really in it?

Trudeau is our most antioil prime minister ever. He has killed two major pipelines himself — Energy East and Northern Gateway. That makes it hard for him to pressure the new American president not to do the same.

And what pressure has Ottawa been putting on Congress and the new administration since that November call?

It's gotta be ugly being Jason Kenney these days: Stuck in the middle with Justin Trudeau.

Anonymous

Cancel the Keystone and rejoin the Paris Climate Accord says Biden. Trudeau is so giddy he might trip on the stairs coming out of his taxpayer-funded cottage prior to his daily announcements, saying with his best serious drama teacher look, "We are very concerned about the decision on Keystone by the U.S. government.

Trudeau and Biden most assuredly will be continuously ramming down our throats, through every partisan fake-news outlet bought and paid for by the Liberals, reminders us of the impending end of the world due to the climate emergency.

Anonymous

Two thousand unionized jobs were lost with the stroke of Jim Crow Joe's pen. Another 59,000 future jobs will be lost as well. The Southern leg of KXL already exists. The portion that crosses the border between Montana and Saskatchewan has already been built.

Where is Justine you ask? Doing nothing of course. When Trump threatend the jobs of the $3 billion dollar aluminum industry, Justine took strong counter measures. Same with the dairy industry that employs very few Canadians.

There is no future for Alberta and Saskatchewan in Canada. We need to start asserting ourselves. We should encourage North Dakota to do the same and possibly join our new prairie republic.

This sets a dangerous precedent. What happens to the Line 3 replacement or the govenor of Michigan threatening Lines 5 that Southern Ontario depends on.

This would not have happened if we had a real leader in office like Stephen Harper. There would be imediate retaliation in the form of tariffs or on the military alliance front.

Anonymous

I ask everybody to remember this when it comes to a probable spring election.

https://scontent.fyxd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/141276338_10157949599290872_4106316414723835834_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=--VnaeJ9N50AX8MFHbl&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.fna&oh=6b33e47a880243fde62e5a08957ed37f&oe=602DF033">

Anonymous

Oh pukeeeeease. Not another horseshit election where there is no choice on the ballot and the winner is a foregone conclusion.

Odinson

Its interesting to see how things turn out.

From a safe distance.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=398562 time=1611199723 user_id=136

From a safe distance.

After I take an expat position, I don't give a flying fuck how deep Ottawa cuts the knife into Canadians collective throats.

Anonymous

Aboriginal communities had equity stakes in Keystone XL.

Indigenous leaders 'devastated' by Biden's predicted scrapping of KXL pipeline

'It's gotten to the point that unless you are far left or far right, your voice isn't heard — only those polarized voices are heard but we're here. We want this pipeline and I would like President Biden to know that, to understand that killing this project will be devastating to Indigenous people'

Devastating. That's how Indigenous leaders describe the news that president-elect Joe Biden intends to kill the Keystone XL pipeline expansion on his first day in office.

Chief Alvin Francis, president of Natural Law Energy — which entered into a definitive agreement with Calgary-based TC Energy last November — said the news makes the future for his people much bleaker.

"I hope president-elect Biden doesn't do that," said Francis, the chief of the Nekaneet First Nation in southwestern Saskatchewan.

"It would be a very sad day for the progress of First Nations because this is such a big economic development project that it could create intergenerational jobs and benefits here.

"Growth for my First Nation would mean such a lot because we have unemployment of about 50 per cent, so with this project on the horizon my people were basically already planning their future — what it could look like with a soccer field and baseball field for our youth . . . and improve education," said Francis, who was reached Monday by telephone.

He says he's puzzled by Biden's plan because the KXL pipeline expansion is "the greenest pipeline project in the world" — with plans to reach net-zero emissions and set a new standard as the safest pipeline ever built in a project that has been improved over the 12 years since it was first proposed.

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/columnists/corbella-indigenous-leaders-devastated-by-bidens-predicted-scrapping-of-kxl-pipeline?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&fbclid=IwAR1WA1saQxlNhO7aVU9JjgoLb9CWr1K9smeqE1qnRC8HPbWiDhWWVyQMdSM#Echobox=1611067057">https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/colum ... 1611067057">https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/columnists/corbella-indigenous-leaders-devastated-by-bidens-predicted-scrapping-of-kxl-pipeline?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&fbclid=IwAR1WA1saQxlNhO7aVU9JjgoLb9CWr1K9smeqE1qnRC8HPbWiDhWWVyQMdSM#Echobox=1611067057

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=398563 time=1611200046 user_id=56

From a safe distance.

After I take an expat position, I don't give a flying fuck how deep Ottawa cuts the knife into Canadians collective throats.

Isnt your education sort of flexible...

You can do something else?

A new career path.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=398566 time=1611201099 user_id=136
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=398563 time=1611200046 user_id=56

From a safe distance.

Isnt your education sort of flexible...

You can do something else?

A new career path.

I'm a ptroleum engineer. There are heaps of management positions outside North America. I might even accept a position in Norway.