Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Tax Me, I'm Canadian

Started by Anonymous, January 02, 2014, 11:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Welcome to 2014 people and be prepared to pay more for our government.

Canadians earning at least $47,400 will pay $891.12 in EI premiums this year, up $51.50. Employers will pay $1,247.57 per employee, an increase of $71.61.

For anybody earning at least $51,100, Canada Pension Plan contributions are going up $49.50 to $2,356.20, with the employer's share jumping the same amount.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cpp-ei-hikes-hitting-canadian-paycheques-1.1310619">http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cpp-ei-hi ... -1.1310619">http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cpp-ei-hikes-hitting-canadian-paycheques-1.1310619

In addition to the feds higher payments, my city is raising property taxes 5% and I am sure there will be higher fees at the provincial level. I guess our three levels of government don't think that 43% total tax bite is quite enough yet.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Welcome to 2014 people and be prepared to pay more for our government.

Canadians earning at least $47,400 will pay $891.12 in EI premiums this year, up $51.50. Employers will pay $1,247.57 per employee, an increase of $71.61.

For anybody earning at least $51,100, Canada Pension Plan contributions are going up $49.50 to $2,356.20, with the employer's share jumping the same amount.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cpp-ei-hikes-hitting-canadian-paycheques-1.1310619">http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cpp-ei-hi ... -1.1310619">http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cpp-ei-hikes-hitting-canadian-paycheques-1.1310619

In addition to the feds higher payments, my city is raising property taxes 5% and I am sure there will be higher fees at the provincial level. I guess our three levels of government don't think that 43% total tax bite is quite enough yet.

I will keep an eye on my paystub for the differences in deductions.

keeper

Im single now, so, im rich lol, i dont worry about money anymore.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Im single now, so, im rich lol, i dont worry about money anymore.

My husband and I are very careful about how we spend our money Keeper..

We have two young children and we send them to an expensive private Christian school..

Our mortgage will be paid off in less than three years, so their school is our biggest expense..

We seldom go to restaurants and travels in the summer involve driving our rv that my father-in-law left to us to campsites in the Kootenays..

Because of our frugality we have been able to buy RRSP's and RESP's each year.

keeper

Good job, i dont have to many expenses, My house is paid for i dont own credit cards and i have a few RRSP investments. Im going to see my financial adviser this month to see what i can do to retire early.

Then, move away from this shit hole and move to somewhere it NEVER snows.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Good job, i dont have to many expenses, My house is paid for i dont own credit cards and i have a few RRSP investments. Im going to see my financial adviser this month to see what i can do to retire early.

We would move to a different country too someday if we didn't have children..

Did you have any place in mind where you would like to go.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Good job, i dont have to many expenses, My house is paid for i dont own credit cards and i have a few RRSP investments. Im going to see my financial adviser this month to see what i can do to retire early.

My hope is to leave Canada permanently in the next five years. I have had enough of long brutal winters, brief summers and being gouged by all three levels of government. We are targeting Singapore/Malaysia. I have an auntie that lives in Singapore. It is the centre of the petroleum industry for the region.

If my husband had his way, he would like to live in the Dominican Republic. Not really possible for us to move there though considering what we do.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Im single now, so, im rich lol, i dont worry about money anymore.

Keeps, did I ever tell you I'm in love with you. ;)

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"

My hope is to leave Canada permanently in the next five years. I have had enough of long brutal winters, brief summers and being gouged by all three levels of government. We are targeting Singapore/Malaysia. I have an auntie that lives in Singapore. It is the centre of the petroleum industry for the region.

If my husband had his way, he would like to live in the Dominican Republic. Not really possible for us to move there though considering what we do.

It is a shithole. Sweaty little piece of shit of a country. No place to raise a kid.

Move your ass to Norway if you are skilled. Norway has plenty of those male eye candies... You dwarf!

Oslo has more intense sun... Perfect for your coon. More intense than in Chad. Might get assaulted because frankly most of us are tired of multiculturalism.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

It is a shithole. Sweaty little piece of shit of a country. No place to raise a kid.

Move your ass to Norway if you are skilled. Norway has plenty of those male eye candies... You dwarf!

Oslo has more intense sun... Perfect for your coon. More intense than in Chad. Might get assaulted because frankly most of us are tired of multiculturalism.

I have been to Norway and my husband has been there a few times..

The fjords are interesting, but it is so expensive..

It would not be where we would want to live.

Anonymous

Employees will pay $50 a year more and employers will be dinged $70 a year more per employee. If you take a look at that CBC link you will see provincial governments will be draining more money for a whole slew of different things.

-increased Medical Services Premium in B.C. means an individual making over $30,000 will have to pay $66.50, up from $64. A family of three or more will end up paying $133 a month, up from $128, and the rate for two-person families will increase from $116 to $120.50.

-In Ontario, the new year means the top tax rate for the biggest earners in the province — those earning more than $500,000 — will increase by just under two percentage points from last year.

-Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Manitoba will enter higher tax brackets and therefore be subject to more income tax.

-Quebeckers will be hit with increases in the so-called "sin taxes" on alcohol and tobacco. Quebec. An extra income tax bracket will be added, along with a higher rate of health tax for the wealthiest and greater contribution rates for the province's pension plan and its parental benefits plan.

Maybe by October, Quebeckers can start working for themselves.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

The prices are high but you can go to Sweden to buy goods. Or in the north, Finland.

Anonymous

The prices are high but you can go to Sweden to buy goods. Or in the north, Finland.

Besides jihadists, who would want to live anywhere in Europe?

Odinson

Besides jihadists, who would want to live anywhere in Europe?

Apparently your husbands cousins aswell... Could you just ask your hubby there why they are somehow genetically rigged to sponge off white dudes? And why white chicks are worth more than diamonds to them?

:D Cant ask Jussi that because it would hurt his feelings

keeper

Keeps, did I ever tell you I'm in love with you. ;)

Yup, a few times. I keep telling you no more naked pictures my cell phone is full.  ;)

Ok ok a few more, BUT, could CC or Fashy join in?  muuuwa hahahaha