The best topic

Replies: 10372
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:06:46 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

what do u think about cosmetic surgery?

Started by jaysings, January 14, 2014, 02:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

I´m interested in the mentality which drives you into such surgeries.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

You didnt answer my question.

You asked why I didn`t go through with the surgery and I answered your question.

No... I asked why would you alter your appearance...

I didn't have a surgery, but I do wear blue contacts on occasion, but I stopped colouring my hair many years ago.

Renee

Quote from: "Odinson"I´m interested in the mentality which drives you into such surgeries.

It's very simple Oddie; some people simply do not feel very good about themselves. This may be cause by childhood emotional trauma, a physical accident, genetics or simply a desire to be perceived as more attractive. There is nothing wrong with wanting in wanting to improve your physical appearance so long as you don't obsess about it and take it to ridiculous lengths. It's all a matter of how you perceive your appearance and how you think you can improve that appearance.

To be honest I've had some work done over the past 5 years; 3 surgery's in total. I lost a tremendous amount of weight was left with a few areas were my skin simply wouldn't tighten up no matter how much physical exercise I did, so had some excess skin tucked and tightened. It wasn't something major or drastic and I didn't need to do it for my physical health but at the time, for the sake of my emotional self-image, I felt it was the right thing to do.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Odinson"I´m interested in the mentality which drives you into such surgeries.

It's very simple Oddie; some people simply do not feel very good about themselves. This may be cause by childhood emotional trauma, a physical accident, genetics or simply a desire to be perceived as more attractive. There is nothing wrong with wanting in wanting to improve your physical appearance so long as you don't obsess about it and take it to ridiculous lengths. It's all a matter of how you perceive your appearance and how you think you can improve that appearance.

To be honest I've had some work done over the past 5 years; 3 surgery's in total. I lost a tremendous amount of weight was left with a few areas were my skin simply wouldn't tighten up no matter how much physical exercise I did, so had some excess skin tucked and tightened. It wasn't something major or drastic and I didn't need to do it for my physical health but at the time, for the sake of my emotional self-image, I felt it was the right thing to do.

I forgot about your precedures Renee. Were you satisfied with the results?

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I forgot about your precedures Renee. Were you satisfied with the results?

Overall yes; because I had an excellent surgeon and the work need wasn't that extensive. I've seen older women who have lost the kind of weight I did and had to have pounds and pounds of excess skin removed but luckily I didn't need to have that much done, thank God.

All in all, after healing there was little or no scaring and I felt a lot better about my appearance. But hindsight being 20/20 I'm not sure I would have had it done if I had it to do all over again. At the time I was firmly convinced that I wouldn't gain the weight back but unfortunately that has not proven to be true. While I haven't gained all the weight back I've gained enough to think that maybe the procedures would have been unnecessary if I had just put them off for a year or so.

In other words maybe I would have grew back into my skin if I just been a little more realistic about my self-control. Once a fat broad, always a fat broad.  :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Overall yes; because I had an excellent surgeon and the work need wasn't that extensive. I've seen older women who have lost the kind of weight I did and had to have pounds and pounds of excess skin removed but luckily I didn't need to have that much done, thank God.

All in all, after healing there was little or no scaring and I felt a lot better about my appearance. But hindsight being 20/20 I'm not sure I would have had it done if I had it to do all over again. At the time I was firmly convinced that I wouldn't gain the weight back but unfortunately that has not proven to be true. While I haven't gained all the weight back I've gained enough to think that maybe the procedures would have been unnecessary if I had just put them off for a year or so.

In other words maybe I would have grew back into my skin if I just been a little more realistic about my self-control. Once a fat broad, always a fat broad.  :lol:

OK, you've answered my question in advance. Were you your ideal weight after the operation?

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"Overall yes; because I had an excellent surgeon and the work need wasn't that extensive. I've seen older women who have lost the kind of weight I did and had to have pounds and pounds of excess skin removed but luckily I didn't need to have that much done, thank God.

OK, you've answered my question in advance. Were you your ideal weight after the operation?

Ideal medically or what I thought was ideal? If it's ideal medically then no, far from it, those BMI charts are for the birds. But I was almost down to the weight I was in college when I played softball so realistically for me; I felt that it was as close to ideal as I could ask for with resorting to more drastic measures like WLS.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Ideal medically or what I thought was ideal? If it's ideal medically then no, far from it, those BMI charts are for the birds. But I was almost down to the weight I was in college when I played softball so realistically for me; I felt that it was as close to ideal as I could ask for with resorting to more drastic measures like WLS.

Yeah, I guess I should have added that little qualifier.

WLS?

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"Ideal medically or what I thought was ideal? If it's ideal medically then no, far from it, those BMI charts are for the birds. But I was almost down to the weight I was in college when I played softball so realistically for me; I felt that it was as close to ideal as I could ask for with resorting to more drastic measures like WLS.

WLS?

Weight loss surgery.

Odinson

You asked why I didn`t go through with the surgery and I answered your question.

No... I asked why would you alter your appearance...

I didn't have a surgery, but I do wear blue contacts on occasion, but I stopped colouring my hair many years ago.

Pitääkö se saatana rautalangasta vääntää! "Do I have to fucking bend iron to make you understand!"

Why are you doing this? I think it is because we europeans indoctrinate other races and therefore causing insecurity in other races. Your husband loves you the way you are or he loves you the way he wants you to be.

The latter is not love and is superficial...

Do not surgically alter your appearance...

Odinson

That is honest, Renee. :)

I just get frankenstein monster vibe from plastic surgery...

Anonymous

WLS?

Weight loss surgery.

Gotcha. Does that mean stomach stapling and sucking out fat cells or are there are other methods too?

Renee

WLS?

Weight loss surgery.

Gotcha. Does that mean stomach stapling and sucking out fat cells or are there are other methods too?

They don't call it stomach stapling anymore; it's called gastric by-pass and in my opinion it's butchery for quick cash. 1 in 200 people die from the procedure and it has a very high rate of severe complications. There is also another method I've looked into and I'm seriously considering; it's called a gastric lap band. It's not a real radical surgery and can be reversed at any time. It involves placing a saline filled band around the upper part of the stomach which essential makes your stomach smaller. It is generally done as an out- patient procedure/ same day surgery. It's has decent results provided you follow the restrictive diet that you need to be on. My aunt had it done about two years ago and she's lost over a third of her original body weight. Unfortunately she is a soda junkie and carbonated beverages stretch the band and allow the stomach to increase in size so the band so over time the band loses its effectiveness. I know other people that have had it done and they have lost almost half their original body weight. Like any kind of weight loss tool it is only as effective as the the effort the person is willing to put into it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"They don't call it stomach stapling anymore; it's called gastric by-pass and in my opinion it's butchery for quick cash. 1 in 200 people die from the procedure and it has a very high rate of severe complications. There is also another method I've looked into and I'm seriously considering; it's called a gastric lap band. It's not a real radical surgery and can be reversed at any time. It involves placing a saline filled band around the upper part of the stomach which essential makes your stomach smaller. It is generally done as an out- patient procedure/ same day surgery. It's has decent results provided you follow the restrictive diet that you need to be on. My aunt had it done about two years ago and she's lost over a third of her original body weight. Unfortunately she is a soda junkie and carbonated beverages stretch the band and allow the stomach to increase in size so the band so over time the band loses its effectiveness. I know other people that have had it done and they have lost almost half their original body weight. Like any kind of weight loss tool it is only as effective as the the effort the person is willing to put into it.

I'm less than 15 pounds from MY ideal weight for a woman five foot eight, so I would NEVER consider anything this radical. However, from what you tell me the second one sounds less extreme. Still, ya gotta be able to stick to a diet/exercise program.

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"They don't call it stomach stapling anymore; it's called gastric by-pass and in my opinion it's butchery for quick cash. 1 in 200 people die from the procedure and it has a very high rate of severe complications. There is also another method I've looked into and I'm seriously considering; it's called a gastric lap band. It's not a real radical surgery and can be reversed at any time. It involves placing a saline filled band around the upper part of the stomach which essential makes your stomach smaller. It is generally done as an out- patient procedure/ same day surgery. It's has decent results provided you follow the restrictive diet that you need to be on. My aunt had it done about two years ago and she's lost over a third of her original body weight. Unfortunately she is a soda junkie and carbonated beverages stretch the band and allow the stomach to increase in size so the band so over time the band loses its effectiveness. I know other people that have had it done and they have lost almost half their original body weight. Like any kind of weight loss tool it is only as effective as the the effort the person is willing to put into it.

I'm less than 15 pounds from MY ideal weight for a woman five foot eight, so I would NEVER consider anything this radical. However, from what you tell me the second one sounds less extreme. Still, ya gotta be able to stick to a diet/exercise program.

The exercise part is no problem. I've always been active even when I was at my heaviest. I didn't always have an easy time of it but I didn't let it slow me down either. It's funny because most people think that very heavy people just sit around like slugs all day. They get that perception from watching what I call "Desperate Lardass TV shows". Programs  like "MY 600lb Life" or "The Biggest Loser" and other sensationalized crap like that don't really show how the average supersized person lives or acts.

The diet part is another story; I have a problem with food. I have a love/hate relationship with it and it stems from childhood. That's the real issue for me and unfortunately it's one that won't go away simply thru surgery.