The best topic

Replies: 10372
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:06:46 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

what do u think about cosmetic surgery?

Started by jaysings, January 14, 2014, 02:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"The exercise part is no problem. I've always been active even when I was at my heaviest. I didn't always have an easy time of it but I didn't let it slow me down either. It's funny because most people think that very heavy people just sit around like slugs all day. They get that perception from watching what I call "Desperate Lardass TV shows". Programs  like "MY 600lb Life" or "The Biggest Loser" and other sensationalized crap like that don't really show how the average supersized person lives or acts.

The diet part is another story I have a problem with food I have a love/hate relationship with it and it stems from childhood. That's the real issue for me and unfortunately it's one that won't go away simply thru surgery.

In that case, I wouldn't consider any surgery until that issue is dealt with. I can relate you know as food is central to our culture.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"The exercise part is no problem. I've always been active even when I was at my heaviest. I didn't always have an easy time of it but I didn't let it slow me down either. It's funny because most people think that very heavy people just sit around like slugs all day. They get that perception from watching what I call "Desperate Lardass TV shows". Programs  like "MY 600lb Life" or "The Biggest Loser" and other sensationalized crap like that don't really show how the average supersized person lives or acts.

The diet part is another story I have a problem with food I have a love/hate relationship with it and it stems from childhood. That's the real issue for me and unfortunately it's one that won't go away simply thru surgery.

In that case, I wouldn't consider any surgery until that issue is dealt with. I can relate you know as food is central to our culture.

I know the surgery won't address the mental addiction but it is a tool to help people deal with it. With any weight loss surgery the patient has to go thru and pass a psychological profile before the surgery can be performed. It's done to evaluate whether or not you are mentally prepared for the required lifestyle change weight loss surgery forces upon you. If the doctor thinks you are not ready they recommend you to a counselor who can help you work thru your issues. I've only just started considering the surgery and the process from start to finish is long and involved.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
I know the surgery won't address the mental addiction but it is a tool to help people deal with it. With any weight loss surgery the patient has to go thru and pass a psychological profile before the surgery can be performed. It's done to evaluate whether or not you are mentally prepared for the required lifestyle change weight loss surgery forces upon you. If the doctor thinks you are not ready they recommend you to a counselor who can help you work thru your issues. I've only just started considering the surgery and the process from start to finish is long and involved.

I figured there had to be some profiling done to see if one is a suitable candidate or not. No point in carving people up if they are not prepared to hold up their end of the bargain.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

No... I asked why would you alter your appearance...

I didn't have a surgery, but I do wear blue contacts on occasion, but I stopped colouring my hair many years ago.

Pitääkö se saatana rautalangasta vääntää! "Do I have to fucking bend iron to make you understand!"

Why are you doing this? I think it is because we europeans indoctrinate other races and therefore causing insecurity in other races. Your husband loves you the way you are or he loves you the way he wants you to be.

The latter is not love and is superficial...

Do not surgically alter your appearance...

Yes, that is most of the reason..

I went to a private Christian high school that was 95% white at the time and the ideal of beauty never looked like me..

I thought if I looked white people would think I was beautiful too..

It affected my self-esteem into my early twenties.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Yes, that is most of the reason..

I went to a private Christian high school that was 95% white at the time and the ideal of beauty never looked like me..

I had identity issues as any immigrant, minority kid experiences, but not to your degree. You had it baaaaaad!!

Anonymous

I had identity issues as any immigrant, minority kid experiences, but not to your degree. You had it baaaaaad!!

I desparately wanted to fit in as a teen girl.

jaysings

I didn't have a surgery, but I do wear blue contacts on occasion, but I stopped colouring my hair many years ago.

Pitääkö se saatana rautalangasta vääntää! "Do I have to fucking bend iron to make you understand!"

Why are you doing this? I think it is because we europeans indoctrinate other races and therefore causing insecurity in other races. Your husband loves you the way you are or he loves you the way he wants you to be.

this sample of rhinoplasty done in SK can gain your credit on it

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

jaysings

Would I surgically alter myself... Certainly not. I´ll die looking like this...

We are all created this way... You of all people should know not to doubt gods work..

Nowhere does the Bible condemn undergoing elective self-improvement procedures..

But while it's silent on cosmetic surgery, God's Word has much to say about the condition of our heart and the upkeep of our body, his temple..

Ultimately, your motivation, expectations, and safety must determine what you decide to do..

Bottom line: You need to be sure you're applying the correct medicine for what ails you.

So the work of the creator of the universe is somehow faulty... Have you had any cosmetic surgeries?

to some degree u can say that again. like the shape of my nose is imperfect and makes some colour out of my beauty

jaysings

Quote from: "Odinson"I´m interested in the mentality which drives you into such surgeries.

It's very simple Oddie; some people simply do not feel very good about themselves. This may be cause by childhood emotional trauma, a physical accident, genetics or simply a desire to be perceived as more attractive. There is nothing wrong with wanting in wanting to improve your physical appearance so long as you don't obsess about it and take it to ridiculous lengths. It's all a matter of how you perceive your appearance and how you think you can improve that appearance.

To be honest I've had some work done over the past 5 years; 3 surgery's in total. I lost a tremendous amount of weight was left with a few areas were my skin simply wouldn't tighten up no matter how much physical exercise I did, so had some excess skin tucked and tightened. It wasn't something major or drastic and I didn't need to do it for my physical health but at the time, for the sake of my emotional self-image, I felt it was the right thing to do.

in my story, I was adorable and as beautiful as a little girl because of my appearance and skin colour. I was like a doll with white skin. now I have become a really grown man losing attraction from people around. what only I have to do for reemploying the beauty is to accept a rhinoplasty

jaysings

Yeah, I guess I should have added that little qualifier.

WLS?

Weight loss surgery.

Gotcha. Does that mean stomach stapling and sucking out fat cells or are there are other methods too?

the suck out fat cells can be implanted into your breast and no graft rejective reaction afterward

Odinson

I used to be called the caveman in my early teens... It didnt feel nice at first... I was good at carpenting, smithing, sports, history, english, maths etc.

Made me feel like disformed.

I didnt see it at first but the females thought I was a stud.

I just kept strong the whole time because I know that when you keep your flag up, something good will happen. I will never give up.. When things go bad, theres always a way to fix it.

Odinson

You have identity issues today. I do like to play with those insecurities but you are still my queen.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"
Quote from: "Odinson"I´m interested in the mentality which drives you into such surgeries.

It's very simple Oddie; some people simply do not feel very good about themselves. This may be cause by childhood emotional trauma, a physical accident, genetics or simply a desire to be perceived as more attractive. There is nothing wrong with wanting in wanting to improve your physical appearance so long as you don't obsess about it and take it to ridiculous lengths. It's all a matter of how you perceive your appearance and how you think you can improve that appearance.

To be honest I've had some work done over the past 5 years; 3 surgery's in total. I lost a tremendous amount of weight was left with a few areas were my skin simply wouldn't tighten up no matter how much physical exercise I did, so had some excess skin tucked and tightened. It wasn't something major or drastic and I didn't need to do it for my physical health but at the time, for the sake of my emotional self-image, I felt it was the right thing to do.

in my story, I was adorable and as beautiful as a little girl because of my appearance and skin colour. I was like a doll with white skin. now I have become a really grown man losing attraction from people around. what only I have to do for reemploying the beauty is to accept a rhinoplasty

You are a very handsome young man jaysings..

Where are you thinking about getting rhinoplasty done? In South Korea?

Obvious Li

I desparately wanted to fit in as a teen girl.

i spend a tremendous amount of time studying people..the Human Condition as it were....i am always amazed at the insecurities that people have regarding their appearance.....often, very often those that are beautiful, talented, kind and the best catch consider themselves unworthy and outcasts from the incrowd....how silly....as for me....i have an ego as big as chicage, never could give a shit what anybody thought about what i looked like or what i did...and was always my own in crowd.....so as far as i am concerned "fuck em if the can't take a joke".......they are not worthy of your presence

Anonymous

Lots of girls would have envied you too.