News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Hey Shen,...Don't Drink The Dirty Water!

Started by Renee, February 08, 2021, 02:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Never have thought about not drinking tap water. I take it Taiwan water is very not safe, hence a lot of chlorine?

The problem with bottled water is immune systems. If we protect too much we do not build antibodies to local infections and get sick easily, whereas locals in areas of poor water throughout the world never get sick from local germs because their bodies have built up immunities. That's how the world works

Most important, be aware that bottled water is often if not usually taken from local water .. don't let the "fresh looking waterfall and spring" images on the label it fool ya because you have no way to know where it "actually" comes from. "

Picture a person turning on a valve and filling bottles in downtown big city  in a "fresh spring water" factory  :wink:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Frood

Quote from: Renee post_id=401273 time=1612890075 user_id=156
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=401260 time=1612879152 user_id=1676
Quote from: Renee post_id=401259 time=1612878567 user_id=156
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=401258 time=1612878038 user_id=1676
Quote from: Renee post_id=401257 time=1612876204 user_id=156

"Everybody knows about boiling water 5 to 7 minutes"...Really, are you sure about that?...I think you are being optimistic.... About 7 million in the US get sick from contaminated water...Billions get sick globally and millions die.

You can put chlorine bleach tablets in water or use unscented bleach disinfectant to kill bacteria too but how many people do you think know that? How many people know the right mixture to use?....Not many I will bet.

Don't you yanks know how to make drinking water safe?

I do but not everyone does...Usually when we lose our drinking water it is due to some kind of natural disaster,..hurricane, earthquake, flood or some such shit...Access to the ability to boil water isn't always available...power grid down, natural gas shut off, etc....Building a fire in your back yard to boil water isn't always feasible and not everyone has access to a camp stove or barbecue grill with a burner, so most people in that kind of situation depend on bottled water more often than not. Consequently because we are so dumbed down by our reliance on electronic gadgets, the knowhow to create safe water does not exist for many people...Sorry to say but this is a sad fact.

Your own CDC issues basic guidelines for drinking water...  how can people not be interested in having clean drinking water?

Yeah, so fuckin what. Do you think the average person in the US pays attention to that shit...I don't. But I know how to make safe drinking water....In case of an emergency...

Most people never think about that stuff, especially mellenials and urban dwellers...Most of them have never had to deal with unsafe drinking water until they are faced with an emergency. Then the panic sets in especially if they can't get any bottled water. These fucking people can't live without a cell phone signal FFS. Figuring out how to create safe drinking water is way beyond their ken.

Just look at our recent presidential election...people in this country are fucking stoooopid and I say that either all sincerity.

Maybe because we rely on rain waters and most of our wells are salinity infused?

Nah...I'm just fucking with ya...  I was born in New Jersey. I agree with you that Americans are stupid. So are Australians. Nobody in the coastal regions knows how to start a fire or get fresh water.
Blahhhhhh...

Renee

Quote from: cc post_id=401274 time=1612890181 user_id=88
Never have thought about not drinking tap water. I take it Taiwan water is very not safe, hence a lot of chlorine?

The problem with bottled water is immune systems. If we protect too much we do not build antibodies to local infections and get sick easily, whereas locals in areas of poor water throughout the world never get sick from local germs because their bodies have built up immunities. That's how the world works

Most important, be aware that bottled water is often if not usually taken from local water .. don't let the waterfall and fresh  spring images on the label it fool ya because you have no way to know where it "actually" comes from.

Picture a person turning on a valve and filling bottles downtown  in a "spring water" factory

Exactly,...I always have this mental picture of some grungy, questionable looking individual filling up plastic bottles in his bathtub and slapping a nice label on them... ac_unsure
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=401276 time=1612890702 user_id=1676
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=401258 time=1612878038 user_id=1676

Don't you yanks know how to make drinking water safe?

I do but not everyone does...Usually when we lose our drinking water it is due to some kind of natural disaster,..hurricane, earthquake, flood or some such shit...Access to the ability to boil water isn't always available...power grid down, natural gas shut off, etc....Building a fire in your back yard to boil water isn't always feasible and not everyone has access to a camp stove or barbecue grill with a burner, so most people in that kind of situation depend on bottled water more often than not. Consequently because we are so dumbed down by our reliance on electronic gadgets, the knowhow to create safe water does not exist for many people...Sorry to say but this is a sad fact.

Your own CDC issues basic guidelines for drinking water...  how can people not be interested in having clean drinking water?

Yeah, so fuckin what. Do you think the average person in the US pays attention to that shit...I don't. But I know how to make safe drinking water....In case of an emergency...

Most people never think about that stuff, especially mellenials and urban dwellers...Most of them have never had to deal with unsafe drinking water until they are faced with an emergency. Then the panic sets in especially if they can't get any bottled water. These fucking people can't live without a cell phone signal FFS. Figuring out how to create safe drinking water is way beyond their ken.

Just look at our recent presidential election...people in this country are fucking stoooopid and I say that either all sincerity.

Maybe because we rely on rain waters and most of our wells are salinity infused?

Nah...I'm just fucking with ya...  I was born in New Jersey. I agree with you that Americans are stupid. So are Australians. Nobody in the coastal regions knows how to start a fire or get fresh water.

I can't say "nobody" but those that can are in the minority. Hell I know a few guys under 35 that can't even change a tire let alone start a fire or boil water.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=401274 time=1612890181 user_id=88

Most important, be aware that bottled water is often if not usually taken from local water .. don't let the "fresh looking waterfall and spring" images on the label it fool ya because you have no way to know where it "actually" comes from. "

Picture a person turning on a valve and filling bottles in downtown big city  in a "fresh spring water" factory  :wink:

Taiwanese health authorities say tap water is safe to drink and some Taiwanese do drink it..

There was some problems in Taipei a number of years ago in old houses, but that had to do with pipes that are no longer legal for use in newer developments.

Anonymous

I don't drink water straight from the tap in Canada either....we have Brita.

cc

Lead pipes in some older homes is a whole other thing, potentially deadly contamination but unrelated to general water condition .. and one cannot filter it out

Frood

Quote from: Renee post_id=401278 time=1612891251 user_id=156
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=401276 time=1612890702 user_id=1676

I can't say "nobody" but those that can are in the minority. Hell I know a few guys under 35 that can't even change a tire let alone start a fire or boil water.

I know a few people here that can't even hook up a Bluetooth speaker to their phone...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=401282 time=1612891833 user_id=88
Lead pipes in some older homes is a whole other thing, potentially deadly contamination but unrelated to general water condition .. and one cannot filter it out

Taiwan's tap water is drinkable when it is freshly released from treatment plants, according to Taiwan Water Corporation ..

They say the cases of contamination in one area of Taipei city was after delivery to the home, which is caused by problem pipes.

cc

I would have thought so. Taiwan is top level in every way

I'm pretty sure "problem pipes" = very old lead pipes.. Can't think of any other reason. Steel a possibility but steel is not as toxic

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=401295 time=1612900299 user_id=88
I would have thought so. Taiwan is top level in every way

I'm pretty sure "problem pipes" = very old lead pipes.. Can't think of any other reason. Steel a possibility but steel is not as toxic

I don't think there are anymore houses like that left in Taiwan.....definitely not in Taipei city..

As I say, it's safe to drink the tap water in Taiwan, as it is in Calgary, but I choose not to anywhere.

Anonymous

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=401297 time=1612901274 user_id=114
I'll drink tap water in Barrie, but not in Toronto.

Is Trawna bad for water?

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=401305 time=1612903716 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=401297 time=1612901274 user_id=114
I'll drink tap water in Barrie, but not in Toronto.

Is Trawna bad for water?

IMO, it has a certain taste.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview