Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Islamophobia is Very Much Alive in Canada

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, June 08, 2021, 08:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=413037 time=1623264574 user_id=3254
Quote from: "cc la Mata Hari" post_id=413036 time=1623264458 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=413024 time=1623263193 user_id=3254
cc, up in Edmonton they've had several random attacks on women wearing Islamic garments.

In every country there are similar problems / incidents but in overall terms,  No other country on earth has treated islamics as well as the Canada

Agreed, Canadians are very tolerant.

Yes, in general, Canadians are very tolerant.. and more so than most all other countries

That is why I took strong offense to the thread title which deliberately manipulated one incident into strongly and openly suggesting Canada is a bigoted country

and worse, using a word long ago planted by hard core islamists (and officially unindicted conspirators)  of CARE in the 90's for it's useful tools to hurl at good citizens among their own people
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "cc la Mata Hari" post_id=413018 time=1623261066 user_id=88
The Thread Title - "Islamophobia is Very Much Alive in Canada" is disgraceful

How dare you come to this country and take advantage of the act of a single fucked up 20 year old to generalize a slur upon our entire  country?

If you think our country is bigoted, there's an exit  door  .. If you do like it, DON"T tar it with all-inclusive bogus accusations

No other country on earth has treated islamics as well as the Canada you brazenly slur with your words in the very "heavily loaded" title

And don't even think about trying the lazy comeback "Oh Yea!! Well you blablabla
... You deliberately tried to make our country appear in a bad light and now own that

Blah blah blah blah blah.  Yada yada yada yada. As usual, crocodile tears bullshit. Tough shit. Deal with it.

https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/6-years-old-funny-expression-260nw-148516961.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

cc

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=413053 time=1623273511 user_id=73
https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/6-years-old-funny-expression-260nw-148516961.jpg">

Good. Real Progress.

That's considerably  more mature than the OP in effect saying Canada is a bigoted country .. and using a hokey  word created by 4 unindicted hard core islamist terror conspirators at CAIR  so that you and others like you could use it as a handy-dandy   cudgel  to do so .. (sadly, the other 5 were indicted, sentenced  and jailed years ago)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=413037 time=1623264574 user_id=3254
Quote from: "cc la Mata Hari" post_id=413036 time=1623264458 user_id=88
cc, up in Edmonton they've had several random attacks on women wearing Islamic garments.

In every country there are similar problems / incidents but in overall terms,  No other country on earth has treated islamics as well as the Canada

Agreed, Canadians are very tolerant.

Tolerant to the point that we blame ourselves when others attack us. That or just cover up the motive.

Anonymous

Nathaniel Veltman was being medicated for mental illness.

Anonymous

The leader of the federal NDP couldn't be more wrong about this country..

A mentally ill young man who attacked randome people is not representative of Canadians, and Jagmeet Singh knows that.

Rupa Subramanya: No, Jagmeet, Canada is not a racist country. It's one of the most tolerant places on earth

Singh does the cause of fighting racism no favours by taking an extreme and exaggerated position that I, as an immigrant and person of colour, cannot agree with

As we mourn the family of four Muslim-Canadians who were killed in London, Ont., on June 6, leaving behind an orphaned child, and as it appears that the motive of the alleged killer was hatred toward Muslims, questions are being asked about the extent of racism in this country. NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh went so far as to claim that "Canada is a place of racism" and that "Muslims are not safe in this country." But is Canada really as racist as Singh claims?

There is certainly no question that hate crimes against many minority groups — including Jewish, Muslim and Asian Canadians — have been on the rise recently. Statistics Canada found that police-reported hate crimes increased in 2019 from the previous year, and reports of anti-Asian hate crimes have surged throughout the pandemic.

Any evidence that racism is on the rise is deplorable and every racist incident must be condemned in the strongest possible terms. However, Singh does the cause of fighting racism no favours by taking an extreme and exaggerated position that I, as an immigrant and person of colour, cannot agree with. Are there racists in Canada? Sure. Is Canada a racist country? Absolutely not.

By any metric, Canada is one of the most tolerant countries on the planet, and one which I am proud to call home. The 2020 World Values Survey places Canada amongst the most racially tolerant countries in the world, with less than five per cent of those surveyed saying that they would not want to have "people of another race" as their neighbours.

I first experienced racism, not in Canada, but in India and the Middle East, two places where I grew up. I was routinely denigrated by some Indians for having darker skin and by some Arabs for being Indian, dark skinned and not a Muslim. These prejudices can be vicious. The truth is that many people of colour who immigrate to Canada are "racialized" long before they arrive here.

That racism can, and does, exist between people of colour is a reality that's entirely missing from the discourse on race in Canada, where it's assumed to be perpetrated solely by old stock white Canadians, with people of colour as their victims. An honest conversation about racism in Canada must acknowledge these complexities, especially given demographic changes driven by large-scale immigration from non-Western countries.

There is ample anecdotal evidence that some immigrants bring the baggage of religion, caste, skin complexion and social class, to say nothing of traditional patriarchal norms that discriminate against women. Such cultural baggage can fuel intolerance operating on many different dimensions simultaneously.

For example, in the United States, there have been allegations of bias against "lower caste" employees in Silicon Valley tech companies that are dominated by "upper caste" Indo-Americans, some of which are being litigated in court. This has led some civil rights groups to petition the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, a federal government agency, to recognize caste-based discrimination as being equivalent to racial discrimination.

We're not even having such conversations in Canada, perhaps because the culture of political correctness and the woke creed make it impossible to find any faults within any community other than that of old stock Canadians. Yet, any serious reckoning with the problem of racism and discrimination more broadly will have to contend with these other dimensions of bias and bigotry that are swept under the rug.

Sweeping assertions from the far left, such as Singh's "Canada is a place of racism," admit no such nuance, when the reality is that Canada has been, and continues to be, a welcoming home for everyone, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality or any other identity marker.

Statements such as Singh's fail to set the stage for a serious discussion about issues of race and identity in Canada, by positing an extreme narrative in which Canada is irredeemably racist and beyond redemption. Nothing could be further from the truth.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rupa-subramanya-no-jagmeet-canada-is-not-a-racist-country-its-one-of-the-most-tolerant-places-on-earth">https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rupa-s ... s-on-earth">https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rupa-subramanya-no-jagmeet-canada-is-not-a-racist-country-its-one-of-the-most-tolerant-places-on-earth

Anonymous

Jagmeet Singh's campaign motto: Vote for me you racist pieces of human excrement.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=413096 time=1623331780 user_id=3254
The leader of the federal NDP couldn't be more wrong about this country..

A mentally ill young man who attacked randome people is not representative of Canadians, and Jagmeet Singh knows that.

Rupa Subramanya: No, Jagmeet, Canada is not a racist country. It's one of the most tolerant places on earth

Singh does the cause of fighting racism no favours by taking an extreme and exaggerated position that I, as an immigrant and person of colour, cannot agree with

As we mourn the family of four Muslim-Canadians who were killed in London, Ont., on June 6, leaving behind an orphaned child, and as it appears that the motive of the alleged killer was hatred toward Muslims, questions are being asked about the extent of racism in this country. NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh went so far as to claim that "Canada is a place of racism" and that "Muslims are not safe in this country." But is Canada really as racist as Singh claims?

There is certainly no question that hate crimes against many minority groups — including Jewish, Muslim and Asian Canadians — have been on the rise recently. Statistics Canada found that police-reported hate crimes increased in 2019 from the previous year, and reports of anti-Asian hate crimes have surged throughout the pandemic.

Any evidence that racism is on the rise is deplorable and every racist incident must be condemned in the strongest possible terms. However, Singh does the cause of fighting racism no favours by taking an extreme and exaggerated position that I, as an immigrant and person of colour, cannot agree with. Are there racists in Canada? Sure. Is Canada a racist country? Absolutely not.

By any metric, Canada is one of the most tolerant countries on the planet, and one which I am proud to call home. The 2020 World Values Survey places Canada amongst the most racially tolerant countries in the world, with less than five per cent of those surveyed saying that they would not want to have "people of another race" as their neighbours.

I first experienced racism, not in Canada, but in India and the Middle East, two places where I grew up. I was routinely denigrated by some Indians for having darker skin and by some Arabs for being Indian, dark skinned and not a Muslim. These prejudices can be vicious. The truth is that many people of colour who immigrate to Canada are "racialized" long before they arrive here.

That racism can, and does, exist between people of colour is a reality that's entirely missing from the discourse on race in Canada, where it's assumed to be perpetrated solely by old stock white Canadians, with people of colour as their victims. An honest conversation about racism in Canada must acknowledge these complexities, especially given demographic changes driven by large-scale immigration from non-Western countries.

There is ample anecdotal evidence that some immigrants bring the baggage of religion, caste, skin complexion and social class, to say nothing of traditional patriarchal norms that discriminate against women. Such cultural baggage can fuel intolerance operating on many different dimensions simultaneously.

For example, in the United States, there have been allegations of bias against "lower caste" employees in Silicon Valley tech companies that are dominated by "upper caste" Indo-Americans, some of which are being litigated in court. This has led some civil rights groups to petition the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, a federal government agency, to recognize caste-based discrimination as being equivalent to racial discrimination.

We're not even having such conversations in Canada, perhaps because the culture of political correctness and the woke creed make it impossible to find any faults within any community other than that of old stock Canadians. Yet, any serious reckoning with the problem of racism and discrimination more broadly will have to contend with these other dimensions of bias and bigotry that are swept under the rug.

Sweeping assertions from the far left, such as Singh's "Canada is a place of racism," admit no such nuance, when the reality is that Canada has been, and continues to be, a welcoming home for everyone, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality or any other identity marker.

Statements such as Singh's fail to set the stage for a serious discussion about issues of race and identity in Canada, by positing an extreme narrative in which Canada is irredeemably racist and beyond redemption. Nothing could be further from the truth.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rupa-subramanya-no-jagmeet-canada-is-not-a-racist-country-its-one-of-the-most-tolerant-places-on-earth">https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rupa-s ... s-on-earth">https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rupa-subramanya-no-jagmeet-canada-is-not-a-racist-country-its-one-of-the-most-tolerant-places-on-earth

Jagmeet Singh hates Canadians, hates civil society and honesty as well.

Thiel

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=412922 time=1623197511 user_id=73
What a terrible tragedy. Now, one boy is alone because he and his family were ran over by a deranged islamophobe and he is the lone survivor.

I don't believe Islamophobia or racism is much of a problem in Canada.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: Thiel post_id=413148 time=1623377652 user_id=1688
What a terrible tragedy. Now, one boy is alone because he and his family were ran over by a deranged islamophobe and he is the lone survivor.

Jagmeet SIngh doesn't either..

But, he feels dividing people by race is a political winner for him.

Thiel

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=413154 time=1623379016 user_id=3254
Quote from: Thiel post_id=413148 time=1623377652 user_id=1688

Jagmeet SIngh doesn't either..

But, he feels dividing people by race is a political winner for him.

It might be.
gay, conservative and proud

@realAzhyaAryola

Precisely, Fash. You just confirmed that this sick young man is not a singular problem and I agree with you. He is not alone. This will happen again too. You are intelligent, Fash, and I know you did not believe that I implied Canada is an islamophobic country but it is true that there is islamophobia in Canada coming from muslim-hating people in Canada. While the statement that Canada is tolerant may be true, let us not fool ourselves that there are no racists or islamophobes in Canada because they do exist in Canada. We of all people should know this. These types of people have made appearances in these forums for ages and we know they are Canadian.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "cc la Mata Hari" post_id=413064 time=1623278261 user_id=88
Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=413053 time=1623273511 user_id=73

Good. Real Progress.

That's considerably  more mature than the OP in effect saying Canada is a bigoted country .. and using a hokey  word created by 4 unindicted hard core islamist terror conspirators at CAIR  so that you and others like you could use it as a handy-dandy   cudgel  to do so .. (sadly, the other 5 were indicted, sentenced  and jailed years ago)

Says the resident islamophobe. Your ilk makes me sick. Just because you keep blathering about something it does not make it true.

Educate yourself please before it's too late. Islamophobia is a word. Learn a lesson today: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Islamophobia">https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Islamophobia

Whatever idiotic thing you say to me, I reject it. Your words are inconsequential to me because you're full of bullshit all the damn time. I do not take your kind seriously. Just get away from me already. I also give zero fucks if you don't like the headings of any of my threads, Cancel Culture Queen. Fuck off. Deal with it.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

http://img.picturequotes.com/2/10/9398/the-most-dangerous-liars-are-those-who-think-they-are-telling-the-truth-quote-1.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola