Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Mass Psychosis: How it works

Started by Frood, August 08, 2021, 10:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=417971 time=1628979501 user_id=136
"I didnt choose the Stug-life, the Stug-life chose me".

- Heinz Guderian.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/E4z5xm4L_-6GDuHYwHjUd47vf9ONUugSKZF3F_xIUdx0ZmRK6YZVLjJj6-nmSOVTsOhPFuXueQF8EXT-4CPYOtVv4FwZQan2fmCC8qMX">

The Finnish army lost 8 Stugs while destroying 87 soviet tanks.

The old 1 to 10 ratio held.

I can't see the image Odi.

Odinson

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=417979 time=1628997870 user_id=3254

- Heinz Guderian.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/E4z5xm4L_-6GDuHYwHjUd47vf9ONUugSKZF3F_xIUdx0ZmRK6YZVLjJj6-nmSOVTsOhPFuXueQF8EXT-4CPYOtVv4FwZQan2fmCC8qMX">

Its there.

You need glasses.  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=418018 time=1629042663 user_id=136
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=417979 time=1628997870 user_id=3254

- Heinz Guderian.

Its there.

You need glasses.  ac_biggrin

In can't see it.

cc

Mass Psychosis?

I can't either. May be available only in Finland?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Odinson

Quote from: cc post_id=418092 time=1629071203 user_id=88
Mass Psychosis?

I can't either. May be available only in Finland?

Maybe its because the Stug has camo paintjob on it.

You cant see it.

Renee

I can see it.... It's an old Nazi self-propelled 88...The Germans and the fucking reds made thousands of them because they were cheaper to produce than tanks.

Finland is probably about the only country that is proud to have been an ally of Nazi Germany....Strange but understandable when you had or still have the red menace breathing down your neck.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=418125 time=1629120402 user_id=156
I can see it.... It's an old Nazi self-propelled 88...The Germans and the fucking reds made thousands of them because they were cheaper to produce than tanks.

Finland is probably about the only country that is proud to have been an ally of Nazi Germany....Strange but understandable when you had or still have the red menace breathing down your neck.

I see.

Odinson

Thats a 75mm gun... Its a Stug III.

They were cheaper but they also had lower silhouette making them ideal for ambushes.

They are quite small and packed a punch.

I just want to point out without victimizing myself here...

But Finns were prosecuted as enemies of state in the USSR.

Its currently under investigation but, for example, Ingerian Finn population was reduced by a third in 1 year in the late 30´s.

They disappeared = Exterminated.

Had the Soviets won, no more Finns.

Plus many of our high ranking officers were former Royal Prussian Jägers which made allying with Germany the obvious choice against a common foe.

The war-material help from Nazi-Germany was vital for the Finnish war effort.

Renee

Quote from: Odinson post_id=418138 time=1629132572 user_id=136

They were cheaper but they also had lower silhouette making them ideal for ambushes.

Its currently under investigation but, for example, Ingerian Finn population was reduced by a third in 1 year in the late 30´s.

Plus many of our high ranking officers were former Royal Prussian Jägers which made allying with Germany the obvious choice against a common foe.

I forgot, that thing had the same hi-velocity 75 as the panther. And you're right, their primary use was that of a tank killer.

I completely understand why the Finns allied themselves with the Germans. Unlike the former eastern block countries, Finland had a history of dealing with the evil bolsheviks and chose their only recourse to survive.

Hell, there were even proponents in the US military of rearming the Germans and using them against the reds to push their ignorant commie asses back beyond the Russian border. The Russians NEVER should have been allowed to take Berlin and they should have been forced to give back the European territory they gained. The world would have been better off for it. But Eisenhower at the behest of Washington, was forced to play politics and accept the Russians as equals. Big mistake which the world paid dearly for and we are still paying for it.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Odinson

Quote from: Renee post_id=418140 time=1629135390 user_id=156
Quote from: Odinson post_id=418138 time=1629132572 user_id=136

I forgot, that thing had the same hi-velocity 75 as the panther. And you're right, their primary use was that of a tank killer.

I completely understand why the Finns allied themselves with the Germans. Unlike the former eastern block countries, Finland had a history of dealing with the evil bolsheviks and chose their only recourse to survive.

Hell, there were even proponents in the US military of rearming the Germans and using them against the reds to push their ignorant commie asses back beyond the Russian border. The Russians NEVER should have been allowed to take Berlin and they should have been forced to give back the European territory they gained. The world would have been better off for it. But Eisenhower at the behest of Washington, was forced to play politics and accept the Russians as equals. Big mistake which the world paid dearly for and we are still paying for it.

Technically they are self-propelled guns so you were correct.

The gun could penetrate any armor on the field at the time.

And its not like there was a choice.

The UN of the time failed... They sent a firm "You cant do that!" to Stalin.  :laugh3:

He used it as toilet paper.

The Red army was kinda big at the time and defeating it would have tied the USA into a years long war.

Millions of American lives would have been lost.

Anonymous

Comedian Bill Maher delivered a stinging message for liberals on his HBO show Friday, explaining the "lesson of Afghanistan" is that actual oppression does not, for the most part, exist in America, despite claims from progressives.

Maher began his closing segment by relaying sentiment from immigrants who move to America, "All you do is b***h about and bad-mouth your own country, but if you knew about the country I came from, you'd stop sh***ing on your own.

"We're not the bad guys. Oppression is what we were trying to stop in Afghanistan," Maher said. "We failed, but any immigrant will tell you we've largely succeeded here. And yet, the overriding thrust of current 'woke' ideology is that America is rotten to the core, irredeemably racist from the moment it was founded and so oppressive, sexist, and homophobic we can't find a host for the Oscars or 'Jeopardy!'"

"And this is where your new Afghani (sic) roommates that you took in will prove so valuable because they'll turn to you and say 'Have you people lost your f***ing minds?!" Maher continued. "Have you ever heard of honor killings, public beheadings, throwing gay men off of roofs, arranged marriages to minors, state-sanctioned wife-beating, female genital mutilation, marriage by capture? Because we have.'"

Concluding his monologue, Maher said the "lesson of Afghanistan" is that real oppression — like that which exists in Afghanistan — doesn't really exist in America.