Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

A

are we racist?

Started by Anonymous, October 17, 2021, 02:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=425814 time=1635807573 user_id=2015

Aspirin is an on the shelf medication. Zetsu has got to do something. High blood pressure can be deadly.

Yes, I fully agree. He must see a doctor. I was just referring to aspirin as an immediate way to get it down a bit but you're right, better medications obtained through prescription are essential.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=425824 time=1635811741 user_id=1560

Aspirin is an on the shelf medication. Zetsu has got to do something. High blood pressure can be deadly.

Yes, I fully agree. He must see a doctor. I was just referring to aspirin as an immediate way to get it down a bit but you're right, better medications obtained through prescription are essential.

Hell ya.

Zetsu

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=425813 time=1635807407 user_id=1560
Zetsu, my blood pressure hit 200/120. That was considered critically high.

I am now on medications (my breakfast consists of handfuls of tablets thrown in a bowl of cereal) that effectively reduces blood pressure by thinning the blood to a safe level. One of those medications is simple aspirin. The brand name here is Cartia.

Consult with a pharmacist and I am sure you can easily obtain aspirin to help manage your BP. High BP can lead to strokes, so it's important to manage it and it's really quite simple to do.

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=425818 time=1635808343 user_id=3254
Oh my Zetsu, please see a doctor so they can give you medication for your hypertension.

Quote from: Odinson post_id=425819 time=1635809296 user_id=136
What were your thoughts when your blood pressure spiked?

What kind of thoughts do you have in general?

Quote from: Herman post_id=425828 time=1635812201 user_id=1689
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=425824 time=1635811741 user_id=1560

Hell ya.

Thanks Bricktop, IHJ, Fash, Odinson and Herman  ac_smile  ,  despite the dumb mess I got my mind into, it's really all good and I really grateful for everyone's concern here, sorry if I got you guys worried at first.  My blood pressure spiked only when I was still in my early 20s and now I know how to avoid causing it again, as long as I'm not out of my safe spot and having to socialize for most of the day, my blood level is pretty much in a very reasonable and healthy condition.

In regards to Odinson's question, thank you for asking, as most dumb immigrants and Asians just know how to jump to conclusions by assuming the absolute worst about me, unlike White or westernized folks that prefer not to judge a book by it's cover or at a superficial level, including ppl like me that have one of the worst hidden disabilities;  There are really no thoughts in my mind, just extremely abstract emotions I need to balance out, the problem is a lot of my emotions lumped into one big tangled up ball, and I need to be really calm to start noticing them and take them apart each time I start to feel any feeling, but at the same time it does requires will power and focus to take them apart, which starts to make me tense up over time and makes those emotions even stronger(especially the negative ones), etc, etc.  Anxiety, worrying about hurting other ppl's feelings will also spike up my negative emotions).  Though it's not the negative emotions that spike up my blood pressure, but the "focusing, will and summoning mental and emotional(good and healthy ones) strength" to prevent and overcome those negative emotions is the most exhausting part.  I understand it's not easy to get, but in a simple way to explain it, I at first thought someone was using my face, controlling my expressions and affecting my body language, but in the end, it's really just me, and only me, very deep inside my subconscious.

Another way to describe my mental problem and struggle in a more physical level is like I'm fighting against another opponent in a sparring match, the harder I use my muscles to fight against the opponent, the stronger he will also become, the only way to win is by pure technique, which I still have yet to master;  But the problem is when I use too much technique, it feels like over 90% of my brain's resources are occupied which severely cripples my ability to talk others.
Permanently off his rocker

Bricktop

I'm 70, and still fighting the same battle, and still having to learn against an adversary that is equally cunning, devious and disguised.

I know what you're going through.

Anonymous

Zetsu, are there any foods that cause your hypertenison?

Zetsu

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=425837 time=1635814384 user_id=1560
I'm 70, and still fighting the same battle, and still having to learn against an adversary that is equally cunning, devious and disguised.

I know what you're going through.

You've nailed it pretty much right and practically spot on.

TBH I don't really feel sad despite my struggles, since it has brought me to a pretty much an unparalleled level of gratitude and stronger understanding of the police and the strength of Western civilization and her people.

Zetsu

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=425841 time=1635814794 user_id=3254

It's not really caused by the food, but the war in the mind against my disorder.  But it's really okay, things have only been improving.

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=425844 time=1635815095 user_id=61

It's not really caused by the food, but the war in the mind against my disorder.  But it's really okay, things have only been improving.

You should still see your doc. Get a prescription for when you need it for high blood pressure.

Zetsu

Quote from: Herman post_id=425846 time=1635815421 user_id=1689

You should still see your doc. Get a prescription for when you need it for high blood pressure.

I never really thought about the problem with the blood pressure, but I'm really happy for the heads up, I'll most likely visit my doctor around this month or maybe when my mental health nurse pays me a visit this week.

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=425847 time=1635815822 user_id=61

I never really thought about the problem with the blood pressure, but I'm really happy for the heads up.  Considering my family from my dad's side struggles from stress more easily and have blood pressure issues, my dad's youngest brother had a stroke 9 years ago, though he was lucky his friends were with him and they rushed up to the hospital, thankfully minimal damage was done to this brain.

It's not a big deal at your age. But, it will be when you get older. It's good to have the meds on hand even if you don't take them.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=425848 time=1635815976 user_id=1689
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=425847 time=1635815822 user_id=61

I never really thought about the problem with the blood pressure, but I'm really happy for the heads up.  Considering my family from my dad's side struggles from stress more easily and have blood pressure issues, my dad's youngest brother had a stroke 9 years ago, though he was lucky his friends were with him and they rushed up to the hospital, thankfully minimal damage was done to this brain.

It's not a big deal at your age. But, it will be when you get older. It's good to have the meds on hand even if you don't take them.

Yes, I agree......better safe than sorry.

Erica Mena

I am now on medications (my breakfast consists of handfuls of tablets thrown in a bowl of cereal) that effectively reduces blood pressure by thinning the blood to a safe level. One of those medications is simple aspirin. The brand name here is Cartia.

Consult with a pharmacist and I am sure you can easily obtain aspirin to help manage your BP. High BP can lead to strokes, so it's important to manage it and it's really quite simple to do.

A cousin in law just had a stroke due to blood pressure that high. Take care of yourself, please.
<t></t>

Zetsu

Thanks everyone  ac_blush , looks like this time I won't be able to refuse visiting my family doctor and psychiatrist.

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=425852 time=1635817471 user_id=61
Thanks everyone  ac_blush , looks like this time I won't be able to refuse visiting my family doctor and psychiatrist.

It's for your own health Zetsu.

Thiel

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=425851 time=1635817417 user_id=2845

A cousin in law just had a stroke due to blood pressure that high. Take care of yourself, please.

I'm sorry about that. That is is high.
gay, conservative and proud

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview