Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Vic Police caught on mic harassing Aussies

Started by Frood, August 22, 2021, 02:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=418908 time=1629655731 user_id=114
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=418907 time=1629655351 user_id=1676
https://www.bitchute.com/video/u4hXxDUhuOwV/">https://www.bitchute.com/video/u4hXxDUhuOwV/

What a bunch of cowardly dogs...  acc_devil

Is that the Taliban or Victoria police.

Don't say Taliban or some  Nato countries might attack and "try" unsuccessfully to keep them down
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=421795 time=1633006111 user_id=88
Quote from: Herman post_id=421169 time=1632366804 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=421162 time=1632362353 user_id=88
That's what  I mean. It gets changed on whims or what is "in" that day, in that case by a court .. add rights, subtract rights etc.

When the supreme court gives a decision, it's not something that can be changed by governments.

So our so-called constitution is determined by judges and not by citizens ... no wonder Canada functions as 1/2 a nation  .. on a good day

Isn't up to the supreme courts of Canada and the USA to decide constitutional matters.

cc

Yes, but in Canada all it takes is a law being passed by the feds and if courts says it's OK, it's in the constitution was what I meant

There is no referendum of approval by a sizable majority of provinces  or of the people of the country needed

Seems way to easy for a Govt in power and a friendly court to change or add to it .. which in my eyes makes it more a "thing of the moment" rather than something solid like say the US constitution which takes wide and democratic public support to alter

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=421803 time=1633015434 user_id=88
Yes, but in Canada all it takes is a law being passed by the feds and if courts says it's OK, it's in the constitution was what I meant

There is no referendum of approval by a sizable majority of provinces  or of the people of the country needed

Seems way to easy for a Govt in power and a friendly court to change or add to it .. which in my eyes makes it more a "thing of the moment" rather than something solid like say the US constitution which takes wide and democratic public support to alter

I thought it was the other way around..

Herman gave the example of same sex marriage..

The Supreme Court of Canada decided it was a right that couldn't be taken away.

cc

That is in addition to what I said .... If same sex marriage was written in it by the people, there never would have been a case to argue

If it was decided based on no such wording in the constitution, then judges rule us based on their whims or pet items

They just made it up & added it in

I do recall the edict coming down and am trying to remember the details surrounding it

Anonymous

The Supreme Court of Canada is the final court of appeal from all other Canadian courts. It has jurisdiction over disputes in all areas of the law. These include constitutional law, administrative law, criminal law, and civil law.

Odinson

She is a state attorney... So what?

Why does it matter?

">

Anonymous

Video unavailable

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Bricktop

A change to our Constitution requires a majority of 70% of voters to approve, PLUS a majority of States.

Change rarely occurs.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=427021 time=1636764593 user_id=1560

A change to our Constitution requires a majority of 70% of voters to approve, PLUS a majority of States.

Change rarely occurs.

It's difficult here to change the constitution too..

Former Prime Minister Brian Mulroney tried and failed.

Bricktop

If memory serves, only ONE change to the Constitution has occurred here since WW2, and that was to change the voting process to include Aboriginals.

Apparently, the constructors of Australia's Constitution decreed aboriginals as unfit to vote, and that racist rule was not rescinded until the early 1970's. The only way it could be rescinded was by referendum.

If memory serves, the typical lead up to referendums where those for and against state their case didn't occur. No-one dared speak against the motion.

Odinson

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=427020 time=1636764540 user_id=3254
Video unavailable

CBS video is available in Finland but not in Canada..

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=427035 time=1636766731 user_id=136
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=427020 time=1636764540 user_id=3254
Video unavailable

CBS video is available in Finland but not in Canada..

I don't know Odi, buty it says that video can't be viewed in Canada.