Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Rittenhouse "NOT GUILTY" on ALL 5 Counts

Started by cc, November 19, 2021, 05:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=428034 time=1637732381 user_id=136
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=427963 time=1637685821 user_id=114
Kyle Rittenhouse said in an interview set to air on Fox News on Monday that he supports the Black Lives Matter movement — and insists that he's no racist, despite media outlets and activists claiming otherwise.

"I support the [Black Lives Matter] movement, I support peacefully demonstrating," Rittenhouse said during the interview, which will air Monday night. "

Rittenhouse explained that he was physically ill over what took place on the streets of Kenosha in 2020.

"I told everybody there, 'I had to do it. I was just attacked.' I was dizzy, I was vomiting, I couldn't breathe," he recalled. "This case has nothing to do with race. It never had anything to do with race. It had to do with the right to self-defense."

Oh shit, he buckled.

But thats okay... Maybe it'll take some of the heat off him. ac_biggrin

He might mean what he says.

Anonymous

Part of a White House press secretary's job is using spin and deflection in order to avoid answering uncomfortable questions.

Jen Psaki is as good at it as any of her predecessors, and given President Joe Biden's failures and myriad of problems throughout his first year in office, she's gotten quite a bit of practice.

And the Psaki spin-fest was revved up into high gear Tuesday when Fox News' Peter Doocy asked if Biden will "ever apologize to the acquitted Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse for suggesting online and on TV that he is a white supremacist?"

https://twitter.com/mrctv/status/1463247754625486849?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1463247754625486849%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theblaze.com%2Fnews%2Fjen-psaki-biden-apologize-kyle-rittenhouse-white-supremacists">https://twitter.com/mrctv/status/146324 ... premacists">https://twitter.com/mrctv/status/1463247754625486849?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1463247754625486849%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theblaze.com%2Fnews%2Fjen-psaki-biden-apologize-kyle-rittenhouse-white-supremacists

Bricktop

cc

I believe he did not "suggest" it - He outright called him a supremacist
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

He will be receiving a summons to defend his slander or pay out BIG!!!

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=428134 time=1637801254 user_id=1560
He will be receiving a summons to defend his slander or pay out BIG!!!

He may have to stand in a long line @ the courthouse
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=428130 time=1637801073 user_id=88
I believe he did not "suggest" it - He outright called him a supremacist

That could ruin his life even more than it already is.

Bricktop

Hence his entitlement to sue for damages as a result of slander. It is the American way.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=428141 time=1637801926 user_id=1560
Hence his entitlement to sue for damages as a result of slander. It is the American way.

In his case, I hope if he does sue, he is successful.

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyxd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/258789785_10159374967471285_5034846623900666304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=ZssIt8axvNcAX884lkm&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.fna&oh=12fbc5ca11c860bbeda89ae92974bc51&oe=61A3B210">

Thiel

Justice defeated the court of public opinion. The jurors were probably scared. I might have buckled myself if I was on the jury.
gay, conservative and proud

Odinson

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=428325 time=1637904660 user_id=136
The prosecutors are memes now.

They should've been before the trial too.

Anonymous

Kyle Rittenhouse didn't illegally bring a gun across state lines and other myths surrounding the trial debunked

Myth: Kyle Rittenhouse illegally brought a gun across state lines

Perhaps the most persistent myth surrounding the case is the idea that Rittenhouse, then 17, brought an AR-15 across state lines. Rittenhouse lived about 20 minutes outside of Kenosha, in Antioch, Illinois. His Illinois residence helped spur rumors that the teenager traveled to Wisconsin with his rifle illegally in tow.

But during his trial, Rittenhouse testified in court that he drove himself from his home in Illinois to Kenosha on August 24, 2020, the day before he fatally shot two men. The gun was already being stored at a friend's house in Kenosha, according to police records and court testimony.

Myth: Kyle Rittenhouse possessed the weapon illegally

Rittenhouse and his friend, Dominick Black, testified that Black, who was 18 at the time, used Rittenhouse's money to purchase the weapon at a Wisconsin hardware store in May 2020. The two reportedly agreed that Black would keep the gun until Rittenhouse turned 18 in January 2021, according to court testimony.

Black is now being prosecuted for participating in the illegal straw purchase of the weapon on behalf of Rittenhouse. But Rittenhouse's possession of the firearm at the time was technically legal.

Earlier this week, Judge Bruce Schroeder threw out a count of possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18 after Rittenhouse's defense argued the rifle was not short-barreled, capitalizing on an exception to the Wisconsin statute involving the barrel length of a gun.

Myth: Kyle Rittenhouse's mother drove him to the protests in Kenosha

A popular rumor that spread following the August 2020 shootings was the idea that Rittenhouse's mother, Wendy Rittenhouse, drove her teenaged son to the protests.

In a November CNN interview, Democratic Rep. Karen Bass of California propagated the falsehood, alleging that Wendy accompanied her son over state lines so he could help law enforcement amid the unrest. But as Rittenhouse testified, the teenager drove himself to Kenosha ahead of the protests.

Rittenhouse did testify that his mother drove him to a local police station to surrender following the shootings.

Myth: Rittenhouse went downtown on August 25 to answer a 'call to arms' put out by a Kenosha militia group

A "Kenosha Guard" militia group on Facebook did issue a "call to arms" ahead of the violence on August 25. But the tech company later confirmed that Rittenhouse had not been a follower of the flagged page.

Rittenhouse testified that he and Black went downtown because they were invited to guard the Car Source, a Kenosha car dealership, during the unrest and were under the impression they were going to be paid.

The Khindri brothers who own the dealership denied this under oath, but multiple other witnesses testified against them, backing Rittenhouse's version.

Myth: Kyle Rittenhouse is a self-identified white nationalist

The civil rights attorney Ben Crump, who is representing the Blake family, falsely described Rittenhouse on Friday as a "self-declared white nationalist." But Rittenhouse has never publicly identified as a member of any extremist group.

After he pleaded not guilty to the initial charges in January 2021, prosecutors said Rittenhouse went to a bar in Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, where he posed for photos with members said to be of the Proud Boys while flashing a "white power" hand signal.

His legal team said Rittenhouse did not know who the men were or what group they were affiliated with and was unfamiliar with the hand symbol's meaning.

The judge noted that the prosecution did not find any evidence of his affiliation with a white supremacist group in phone records or social media history, and as Michelle Mark previously reported, ruled the trip to the bar was not relevant to the 2020 shooting.

Odinson

The white power hand signal means the OK hand gesture.

A troll started by 4chan.