Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

UNIVERSITIES - "Social Justice Factories"

Started by cc, November 28, 2021, 04:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=429307 time=1638672433 user_id=1560
That University looks like it has a Jewish foundation. Many of its "courses" focus on Israel.

And its agenda is clearly Marxist.

We have an anti-Israel BDS at my alma mater. Many of it's members are Jews.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=429337 time=1638725486 user_id=114
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=429307 time=1638672433 user_id=1560
That University looks like it has a Jewish foundation. Many of its "courses" focus on Israel.

And its agenda is clearly Marxist.

We have an anti-Israel BDS at my alma mater. Many of it's members are Jews.

There is diversity of opinion among Jews.

cc

Why the easily offended are a threat to scientific progress

Lawrence M. Krauss, Special to National Post

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/lawrence-krauss-the-offence-offensive">The mantras of diversity, inclusion and anti-racism are placing feelings above academic freedom

There is a growing public perception that being offended confers special rights while also imposing obligations on the offending parties. It doesn't. Or at least it shouldn't. Nevertheless, perhaps as a consequence of the current educational focus on issues of diversity, inclusion and anti-racism, this warped viewpoint is insinuating itself into higher education and research at a level that is increasingly threatening free speech, academic freedom and with it, scientific progress.

https://smartcdn.prod.postmedia.digital/nationalpost/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/analysis-2030261_1920.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=472&h=354&type=webp">

While there are many academic areas where raw political sensibilities might impact on scholarly discourse, it is hard to think of chemistry as such an area.  Nevertheless, new guidelines for accepting and editing papers were recently sent to editors of the prestigious Journal of the Royal Society of Chemistry.

"Following the publication of the article by (Tomáš Hudlický) in (German journal) Angewandte Chemie and the identification of a potentially offensive image in a journal, a set of guidelines has been produced by RSC staff to help us minimise the risk of publishing inappropriate or otherwise offensive content. Offence is a subjective matter and sensitivity to it spans a considerable range; however, we bear in mind that it is the perception of the recipient that we should consider, regardless of the author's intention . ... Please consider whether or not any content (words, depictions or imagery) might have the potential to cause offence, referring to the guidelines as needed. " (italics mine)

sigh ................   double sigh
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Wokeness makes people stupid. There is no better example than our universities.

Anonymous

The University of Oregon's student government is petitioning the school to make critical race theory training a requirement to graduate from the learning institution.

Bricktop

CRT is another form of Marxist mindbending.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=429420 time=1638751903 user_id=1560
CRT is another form of Marxist mindbending.

Of course it is. It's straight out of the Frankfurt School of thought.

Anonymous

Washington State University is promoting the notion that farmers markets and food charities exude "white supremacy," and perpetuate "white dominant culture."

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=429691 time=1638890432 user_id=114
Washington State University is promoting the notion that farmers markets and food charities exude "white supremacy," and perpetuate "white dominant culture."
 :001_rolleyes:

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=429710 time=1638900890 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=429691 time=1638890432 user_id=114
 :001_rolleyes:

Make that a double eye roller. :001_rolleyes:  :001_rolleyes:

cc