Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

A

Fossil Fuels are a Hell of a Lot More Sustainable Than Wind and Solar

Started by Anonymous, December 13, 2021, 08:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Breakfall

Quote from: Brent
Quote from: BreakfallSeoul knows fuck all in my opinion. He's a parrot that gleans credit through a community forum. That is all. He regurgitates irrelevant information that you people lap up. Some of that information doesn't even paint the whole picture. How old is the kid?
You have seventeen pages to prove that the progtard narrative are superior to fossils, but you haven't. Do you know why you can't do that? Because wind and solar are less sustainable than fossils.
Again? Who the hell are you!?

Zetsu

Another problem with EVs mentioned by an engineer is they need at least 10-20x more space/weight to carry the same amount of energy.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: ZetsuAnother problem with EVs mentioned by an engineer is they need at least 10-20x more space/weight to carry the same amount of energy.
How  big would semis have to be.

ac_wot

Zetsu

Quote from: Fashionista
Quote from: ZetsuAnother problem with EVs mentioned by an engineer is they need at least 10-20x more space/weight to carry the same amount of energy.
How  big would semis have to be.

ac_wot

It looks like about half of it's volume is used to store the batteries, with just the batteries alone weighing 8000 lbs.  ac_unsure

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu
Quote from: FashionistaHow  big would semis have to be.

ac_wot

It looks like about half of it's volume is used to store the batteries, with just the batteries alone weighing 8000 lbs.  ac_unsure
:shock:

Anonymous

Quote from: FashionistaHow  big would semis have to be.

ac_wot

What are you driving now?

Zetsu

Quote from: Jed Clampett
Quote from: ZetsuIt looks like about half of it's volume is used to store the batteries, with just the batteries alone weighing 8000 lbs.  ac_unsure
What are you driving now?

A 2019 Mazda CX-5 diesel model, somehow I like it more than my old civic hybrid.  ac_cool

Anonymous

Quote from: Jed ClampettWhat are you driving now?

A 2019 Mazda CX-5 diesel model, somehow I like it more than my old civic hybrid.  ac_cool
What a nice looking car Zetsu..

Did you happen to read the message I sent you?

Zetsu

Quote from: ZetsuA 2019 Mazda CX-5 diesel model, somehow I like it more than my old civic hybrid.  ac_cool
What a nice looking car Zetsu..

Thanks Fash  ac_cool , it's not a bad car in terms of driving experience, but the build quality isn't as good as my old civic, already 2 to 3 issues during the first 2 years of purchase, lol.

I remember you mentioned the forum will be closing to merge with SG, will definitely come by and register once I get the chance.  ac_cool

Anonymous

Quote from: FashionistaWhat a nice looking car Zetsu..

Thanks Fash  ac_cool , it's not a bad car in terms of driving experience, but the build quality isn't as good as my old civic, already 2 to 3 issues during the first 2 years of purchase, lol.

I remember you mentioned the forum will be closing to merge with SG, will definitely come by and register once I get the chance.  ac_cool
It'summer time Zetsu......it's your busy season.....take your time..

Blue Cashew will be here until October 16.

Anonymous

An electric vehicle ran out of juice on a road in West Virginia. Thankfully for the driver, there was an ironic group that came to the rescue – five coal miners.

An electric car ran out of battery charge on U.S. 48, and stopped right in front of the Mettiki Coal access road in Tucker County. Luckily for the stranded driver from out of town, workers from the fossil fuel mine were ready to help out.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbroAn electric vehicle ran out of juice on a road in West Virginia. Thankfully for the driver, there was an ironic group that came to the rescue – five coal miners.

An electric car ran out of battery charge on U.S. 48, and stopped right in front of the Mettiki Coal access road in Tucker County. Luckily for the stranded driver from out of town, workers from the fossil fuel mine were ready to help out.

That's why I wouldn't get an all electric vehicle.

Exactly what you pointed out.

What happens if they run out of a charge in the middle of nowhere?

What if it happens in the middle of a dangerous ghetto? That's a real concern in parts of the US.

Anonymous

Quote from: Just Joe
Quote from: seoulbroAn electric vehicle ran out of juice on a road in West Virginia. Thankfully for the driver, there was an ironic group that came to the rescue – five coal miners.

That's why I wouldn't get an all electric vehicle.

What if it happens in the middle of a dangerous ghetto? That's a real concern in parts of the US.
I don't know if electric cars are suited to our climate..

Having the heater and lights on in minus twenty would probably drain the battery fast.

@realAzhyaAryola

Maybe this electric car domination will be like all the fuss over Y2K. When it finally came, it was a bellyfop, a dud, like a climax that never came.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: Just JoeThat's why I wouldn't get an all electric vehicle.

I don't know if electric cars are suited to our climate..

Having the heater and lights on in minus twenty would probably drain the battery fast.

BINGOCISELY!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]