The best topic

Replies: 10404
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Gold medal Curling is on right now....

Started by Obvious Li, February 21, 2014, 08:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

:lol:

I had the pleasure of also seeing the Canadian women's curling team during the 2010 Olympics. I had no real idea how the scoring worked, so I just cheered when everyone else did.

"Did we win? We did? Hooray! Canada! Canada! Canada!"

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "cc li tarte"Actually, it's a serious skill. That said, the pace is sleepmaking

skill and strategy.....the only other sport requiring close to that amount of each is: golf....as evidenced by the fact that almost all other sports have all been taken over by people that can neither read, write or speak grade four english.....nuff said

OK, maybe the white bread reference was a bit much. I never played curling or even watched it. I have little doubt it takes lots and lots of practice to become competitive at it.

Push a rock, sweep the ice, push a rock, sweep the ice..........Fucking riveting.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero":lol:

I had the pleasure of also seeing the Canadian women's curling team during the 2010 Olympics. I had no real idea how the scoring worked, so I just cheered when everyone else did.

"Did we win? We did? Hooray! Canada! Canada! Canada!"

I don't know fuck all about it either, but still I'm glad both the men's and women's teams won gold.

It so funny though when I was down in Calgary during the national men's championships a few years or so ago. A bunch of curling enthuisiasts from all over Canada were staying in my hotel. They were all nice enough, but it's funny watching insurance brokers and Cabela's store managers go wild. I should've taken a video and uploaded it on youtube. It would've went viral. :lol:

Anonymous

One of the deacons in my church curls and loves it..

He must be very happy with both the men's and women's teams doing so well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

skill and strategy.....the only other sport requiring close to that amount of each is: golf....as evidenced by the fact that almost all other sports have all been taken over by people that can neither read, write or speak grade four english.....nuff said

OK, maybe the white bread reference was a bit much. I never played curling or even watched it. I have little doubt it takes lots and lots of practice to become competitive at it.

Push a rock, sweep the ice, push a rock, sweep the ice..........Fucking riveting.

:lol:

Obvious Li

infidel...........serious blasphemy......... :twisted:

Odinson

If you start thinking about it ice hockey is just a bunch of men chasing a small disc shaped rubber thing.

Sex is just sliding meat against each other. You could just get a piece of meat and cut a hole in it but I prefer a real woman even though you chicks are vaginas that talk.

Renee

Yeah, and what are going to do about it?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Odinson

Give us a hug..

Anonymous

Do you watch any of the Olympics Renee?

Renee

Some but certianly not curling. Truthfully I would rather be staked to an ant mound. It's about as bad as watching a fishing show.  

I caught the women's figure skating, team figure skating, some of the speed skating events, men's downhill, and women's biathlon (short track) I usually watch more but this time around I lost track of it.

Odinson

Some but certianly not curling. Truthfully I would rather be staked to an ant mound. It's about as bad as watching a fishing show.  

I caught the women's figure skating, team figure skating, some of the speed skating events, men's downhill, and women's biathlon (short track) I usually watch more but this time around I lost track of it.

Hugsy?

Anonymous

I watched a bit of everything too...except curling.

Anonymous

Do you play curling too Mr. Obvious Li?