The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

COVID-19 hospital stays cost 3 times more than a stay for heart attack

Started by Anonymous, January 13, 2022, 07:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: Herman post_id=434657 time=1642123614 user_id=1689
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=434649 time=1642123223 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=434640 time=1642122529 user_id=1560
What are we supposed to do with this information?

Keep people out of hospital, especially ICU.

I say too many people are running to the frickin hospital with mild to moderate COVID when they should be recovering at home.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!!!

Its fear. The media has whooped everyone up into fear. I blame the media.... as I have been this whole time.

CNN was even busted doing so, in an undercover video, and said the next thing fear based thing they were gonna push was global warming..... which is exactly what they doing now.

Merely 2 years ago, if you had a cold/flu, as long as it wasnt severe, you stayed home, ate some soup, got rest, and did fine. Usually saying "I done caught something". Well, they slap a label on it, Corona, and now suddenly its something to be feared.

People are swarming stores to get these rapid in home test kits. They cant keep them in stock, have limits on them. Thats fear induced.

My son, who has medical insurance (like Canadians swarming the hospitals), got sick this week and went to the doc. I tried telling him, get some TheraFlu, drink fluids, eat soup, and get rest. Nope, he went cause his trip to Tennessee is this weekend and he wanted some kind of medicine to help speed up the recovery, he was already recovering. They tested him, and the test said positive. They told him "nothing we can do or give you, you'll get better on your own" and sent him on his way.

No one has to worry about me doing that, I'll just stay home, and do what I've always done to recover if I get sick.

What I wanna know, is if you can walk in a store, and get a shot of something experimental, without a Dr.s prescription, then why cant folks walk into a store and get Ivermectin, that has proven to work to treat it.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=434689 time=1642127597 user_id=1560
Then create more space!!! The Chinese set up a Covid treatment centre in Wuhan which treated around 1000 people in TEN DAYS.

It would take THAT long in western countries to propose a plan as to how a committee can be formed to discuss the viability of publishing a white paper for public perusal.

That kind of triage would work with symptoms that are not severe.

Bricktop

Which, is we know, is the case in a vast majority of infections.

The management of the Covid pandemic by western governments will, I believe, be judged by history as an epic failure. The plague created an unprecedented challenge to our governments on how to effectively and proportionally manage a serious health crisis.

They acted in accordance with their deeply embedded conscience; impose strict measures on the people. Western governments believing passing (or just inventing) laws is a lot easier and less costly than actually addressing the problem at its root.

I always refer to the concept of train crossings, particularly in the UK. As railways proliferated to every corner of the country, they intersected with roads used by horse and cart and a few cars. As cars proliferated, the potential for catastrophic collisons grew.

Did the government build overpasses over rail intersections, or tunnels underneath them?

No. They put up signs. Some even got remotely controlled gates. Cheap and easy. The could eliminate the risk, but they chose risk reduction instead.

This is entwined in its DNA.

Instead of tapping into the resources that were available to better manage this debacle, they chose the cheap and easy route and destroyed lives and decimated businesses.

If there will be a positive coming out of this chaos, I hope it will be that our leaders will learn a valuable lesson.

I do not hold out any hope of that.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=434799 time=1642201315 user_id=1560
Which, is we know, is the case in a vast majority of infections.

The management of the Covid pandemic by western governments will, I believe, be judged by history as an epic failure. The plague created an unprecedented challenge to our governments on how to effectively and proportionally manage a serious health crisis.

They acted in accordance with their deeply embedded conscience; impose strict measures on the people. Western governments believing passing (or just inventing) laws is a lot easier and less costly than actually addressing the problem at its root.

I always refer to the concept of train crossings, particularly in the UK. As railways proliferated to every corner of the country, they intersected with roads used by horse and cart and a few cars. As cars proliferated, the potential for catastrophic collisons grew.

Did the government build overpasses over rail intersections, or tunnels underneath them?

No. They put up signs. Some even got remotely controlled gates. Cheap and easy. The could eliminate the risk, but they chose risk reduction instead.

This is entwined in its DNA.

Instead of tapping into the resources that were available to better manage this debacle, they chose the cheap and easy route and destroyed lives and decimated businesses.

If there will be a positive coming out of this chaos, I hope it will be that our leaders will learn a valuable lesson.

I do not hold out any hope of that.

Destroying lives and decimating businesses aint cheap and easy.

Bricktop