Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

The 10 Radical New Rules That Are Changing America

Started by Anonymous, April 01, 2021, 06:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=436255 time=1643161494 user_id=2853
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=436142 time=1643130829 user_id=114

I vaguely remember you posting about decades of persistent destructive policy in Brazil. Personally, I don't know anything about your country's internal politics. For such a large nation, we get very little news from Brazil.

Believe it or not, over here, I see very little about what's going on in the US, for example

And there's a lot more logic in reporting about the US in Brazil than Brazil being reported in the US

They're doing to Bolsonaro the same thing they did to Trump and over here it's even worse because the supreme court are all activists playing judges, with the exception of the two Bolsonaro managed to appoint in the last two years

But over here, it's congress and senate dealing the cards, the supreme sabotages the government as much as they can to "shield" the leeches.

Things here are so bad people were begging the army to do like they did in 1964 and send all these hyenas in power straight to hell

Bur unfortunately, way too many people are corrupt side of history, simply because they hate Bolsonaro more than anything

Activist courts are the real fascists.

Bricktop

I'm not sure, but I get an impression that there are activist courts in the US.

Is this possibly accurate?

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435913 time=1642972971 user_id=1560

America can be likened to the Titanic, and the election of Trump was the iceberg it had been looking for.

https://preview.redd.it/pt41x2ep9o771.jpg?auto=webp&s=d3485d3523e9b4d2960514249d3ba32e823709d0">
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=436407 time=1643247553 user_id=3349
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435913 time=1642972971 user_id=1560

America can be likened to the Titanic, and the election of Trump was the iceberg it had been looking for.

https://preview.redd.it/pt41x2ep9o771.jpg?auto=webp&s=d3485d3523e9b4d2960514249d3ba32e823709d0">

:laugh:

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436394 time=1643243395 user_id=1560

US & Canada are rife with them. Technically it's not " activist courts" .. it's activist DA's / prosecutors and judges woke beyond woke

It happened here before the US  .. although in some specific areas it had been going on a long while in the US .. but the scale has greatly increased they of late

They have been acting oppositely in 2 distinct  directions .. Certain "favorite" groups  get off extremely light (no or low bail & light sentencing .. often probation only) while what they see as from the "bad group" get harsh treatment.

Us "slave traders" don't do well
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=436613 time=1643319710 user_id=88
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436394 time=1643243395 user_id=1560

US & Canada are rife with them. Technically it's not " activist courts" .. it's activist DA's / prosecutors and judges woke beyond woke

It happened here before the US  .. although in some specific areas it had been going on a long while in the US .. but the scale has greatly increased they of late

They have been acting oppositely in 2 distinct  directions .. Certain "favorite" groups  get off extremely light (no or low bail & light sentencing .. often probation only) while what they see as from the "bad group" get harsh treatment.

Us "slave traders" don't do well

Can you name one Supreme Court Justice in Canada? I can't. I could name at least five on US Supreme Court.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436642 time=1643326391 user_id=1560ac_dunno

Exactly. Nonety nine point nine percent of Canadians would say I don't know too.

cw_

Quote from: Herman post_id=436646 time=1643326736 user_id=1689
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436642 time=1643326391 user_id=1560ac_dunno

Exactly. Nonety nine point nine percent of Canadians would say I don't know too.

">

I pull numbers out my ass, 'eh?

cc

Skipping past the silly flak ...................

I can't name one either, but can name 5 or 6 US ones

Reason is that it's so simple & quiet. The PM says who he wants and there is no obligation for hearings .. although a few had light hearings .. a brief note in the press as to who is appointed and that's it
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

There is another reason. The US Supreme Court effectively holds sway over the American judicial system. I suspect that, like us, the Canadian Supreme Court is called on only for profoundly important determinations.

Referrals to our High Court are less common than in the US because we have a very limited Constitution. In the US, the Constitution is their social bible. I believe Canada's Constitution is similar to ours.

Once a law is enacted through the Constitutionally defined process, there is little scope for it to be changed other than by Parliament.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=436651 time=1643331159 user_id=88
Skipping past the silly flak ...................

I can't name one either, but can name 5 or 6 US ones

Reason is that it's so simple & quiet. The PM says who he wants and there is no obligation for hearings .. although a few had light hearings .. a brief note in the press as to who is appointed and that's it

Me too..

I've never known anyone in my life mention the name of a Canadian Supreme Court Justice..

I don't recall ever reading their names or hearing a name of one on any form of news media..

I don't know how many we have.