Replies: 7549
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:10:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Locked down!!!!

Started by Bricktop, January 22, 2022, 05:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

I had my son and grandchildren stay at our house last week as he had been designated a close contact. His wife has the virus. He tested and was all clear but had to find alternative accommodation. On the last day we all had to test.

My son tested positive!!! I tested negative.I am a "close contact" so have to go into isolation.  :t1929:

My wife had already moved to our daughter's house for safety and to ensure that plague couldn't spread to our daughter's babies.

So, I am now in lock down. Negative test, but in isolation. My wife had to drop groceries off at the door and leave without even saying hello.

If anyone is passing by, ring the doorbell and say hello.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435831 time=1642889490 user_id=1560
I had my son and grandchildren stay at our house last week as he had been designated a close contact. His wife has the virus. He tested and was all clear but had to find alternative accommodation. On the last day we all had to test.

My son tested positive!!! I tested negative.I am a "close contact" so have to go into isolation.  :t1929:

My wife had already moved to our daughter's house for safety and to ensure that plague couldn't spread to our daughter's babies.

So, I am now in lock down. Negative test, but in isolation. My wife had to drop groceries off at the door and leave without even saying hello.

I don't know what to say Bricktop......all of this is too much.

Bricktop

I'm sure everything will turn out fine. But the stresses and pressure this puts on families is inexcusable.

I've been the housekeeper for the last 10 years or so because my wife chose to stay at work, so I can look after myself without problem. It's just the inconvenience and disruption that is so frustrating.

cc

Dang!!! Sorry about all the life upset for you & family Brick!!!
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Thank you...it is an excellent demonstration of how there is really no escape. This thing effects everybody, either directly or indirectly.

Happily, I am vaccinated and feeling fine.

My biggest problem now is it is raining heavily and I need to do some washing.

Frood

That's called a British wash....
Blahhhhhh...

cw_

My wife had to drop groceries off at the door and leave without even saying hello.

Why couldn't your wife say hello?

Bricktop

It was a bit emotional for us.

Anonymous

acc_hugz

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435853 time=1642911202 user_id=1560
It was a bit emotional for us.

After 28 years of knowing each other, we're over the moon when 7-21 day breaks apart happen.

She's all like:  ac_dance

And I'm like:  :yahoo:
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Wow!

See this look of shock on my face!!!

:smoking:

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435863 time=1642923847 user_id=1560
Wow!

See this look of shock on my face!!!

:smoking:

:laugh:

I suspect you two have a comfortable life long regime with each other and the interruption to it is more upsetting than anything.

Me and my girl are roller-coaster riders though... mostly together but sometimes apart. Water off a duck's back with us. WEEEEEEE!!@!

:laugh3:

But I sincerely hope you two can get back to normal if that means anything (coming from the likes of moi)....
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Man this sucks, while I'm starting to question will this pandemic ever settle down in the next couple of years... I guess it's still better than WWIII if we look on the good side of it.  Just hope things will turn out okay for you and your family Bricktop and wish your son and daughter in law a speedy recovery.
Permanently off his rocker

Blazor

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435834 time=1642889906 user_id=1560
I'm sure everything will turn out fine. But the stresses and pressure this puts on families is inexcusable.

Man, I hate what all Australia going through, the mandates, the isolation, the camps, tyranny at its finest.

I too also do not like how families are treating the infected person as diseased. Usually when one gets sick, someone is there to take care of that person, be it a family member, a spouse, or even a good roommate friend.

In fact, I dont like how folks are treating each other in general the past couple years.

The Powers to Be have triggered something, something they prolly wish they hadnt. As Im seeing MASSIVE protests across the world, of folks rising up against their politicians and such.

I wont rant away, just hope you enjoy your break, and your time with your son lol. And hope one day we can all get together without bureaucratic bullshit and drink fine whisky lol.

Thought this would be a good time to mention, I came down with something a week ago, getting better. Prolly "covid", according to symptoms. I live by myself these days anyway, so no worries there. Im just playing Skyrim and watching Lord of the Rings lol. My son had it a week before, but I hadnt been in contact with him. I prolly got mine in the parade being out in the cold all day.

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=435834 time=1642889906 user_id=1560
I've been the housekeeper for the last 10 years or so because my wife chose to stay at work, so I can look after myself without problem. It's just the inconvenience and disruption that is so frustrating.

Oh we know you're a good housekeeper  :laugh:

https://bayimg.com/9613c666b6f96dbb54f1f7a9ad8f72d6007e2f4e.jpg">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...