Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

Vancouver and Vancouver Island had heavy snowfall

Started by Anonymous, February 25, 2014, 09:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"There's been heavy snow in the Vancouver area and Vancouver Island, just not much in the city and barely anything downtown. It's sunny right now. Supposed to be sunny and up to 12° C by the end of the week!

I only read the headline this morning..

It looked like Vancouver and parts of the island were going to shut down.

Romero

Some parts did early yesterday! There were traffic problems, flight delays and actually thousands without power. By yesterday afternoon the storm had passed.

I seem to have given the wrong impression. The weather reports were true and it did happen yesterday. Most places got major snow. It's just that it's completely different here within the city and especially downtown. Some higher parts of the city have been a winter wonderland but the roads have been clear. It had been lightly snowing downtown all weekend, yet it was nothing but a little slush and patches of snow when I went into work.

It's different right where I live. We rarely get any real snow. Yet only a few kilometres away into the suburbs and throughout the rest of the region it will indeed be what's said in the headlines.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Some parts did early yesterday! There were traffic problems, flight delays and actually thousands without power. By yesterday afternoon the storm had passed.

I seem to have given the wrong impression. The weather reports were true and it did happen yesterday. Most places got major snow. It's just that it's completely different here within the city and especially downtown. Some higher parts of the city have been a winter wonderland but the roads have been clear. It had been lightly snowing downtown all weekend, yet it was nothing but a little slush and patches of snow when I went into work.

It's different right where I live. We rarely get any real snow. Yet only a few kilometres away into the suburbs and throughout the rest of the region it will indeed be what's said in the headlines.

I see and thanks for clearing that up..

I was wondering how the internet headlines could be so wrong?

Calgary gets that too sometimes with part of the city getting precipitation in the form of snow, rain or hail and another part could be sunny..

Elevation is especially in Vancouver is the key to snowfall as you said Romero.

Anonymous

So, the left coast got some snow, big fucking deal. We will have a high of -25 on Saturday ffs!! :)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"So, the left coast got some snow, big fucking deal. We will have a high of -25 on Saturday ffs!! :)

It is supposed to be 1 degree today in Calgary and then it gets very cold for the rest of the week and into next.