Replies: 10340
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:33:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A blockaded Canada turning on Trudeau, poll finds

Started by Anonymous, February 12, 2022, 01:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Trudeau is the reason these blockades are happening. He needs to end all federal COVID restrictions as other countries have, but at the same time end the illegal blockades. If he remains intrasigent, there will be members of his own Liberal Party calling for his resignation.

'The last time I've seen numbers close to this were in the final days of Brian Mulroney,' says Maru pollster

As Freedom Convoy marks its second week entrenched in the Canadian capital, a new poll is providing some of the clearest evidence yet that this affair could end up dealing a catastrophic blow to the leadership of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Although Canadians sympathize with the anti-mandate demands of Freedom Convoy, they increasingly hate the protests themselves. A new Maru Public Opinion poll found that 56 per cent of Canadians don't have an iota of sympathy for Freedom Convoy — and two thirds wouldn't mind seeing their blockades cleared by military force.

But Canadians are also turning their ire on a "weak" government response and an intransigent prime minister whom they blame for "inflaming" the situation. The Maru poll, which was conducted from Feb. 9 to 10, found that only 16 per cent of Canadians would vote for Trudeau based on his actions of the last two weeks.

"The last time I've seen numbers even close to this were in the final days of Brian Mulroney," said John Wright, executive vice-president of Maru Public Opinion and a 32-year industry veteran. "I think this could cost him his job."

Wright says poll numbers point to a misjudgment on both counts. Forty-four per cent of respondents believed that Trudeau's statements had "inflamed" the situation. While 53 per cent have said he "looked weak in the face of threats to the country."

Only 29 per cent of respondents said Trudeau "has acted like a Prime Minister should" in dealing with the truckers, while 48 per cent thought Trudeau was "not up to the job of being Prime Minister."

In the background of all this is a simmering frustration that the Trudeau government continues to hang onto harsh COVID restrictions even as governments around the world declare an end to the pandemic.

While Canadians are breaking faith with Freedom Convoy as a movement, they're increasingly on board with the protests' demands to end COVID strictures across Canada. A new Angus Reid Institute poll has found that 54 per cent of Canadians now support an immediate end to all COVID restrictions in favour of treating the disease more like the flu.

It's a stunning turnaround for a population that has been quite supportive of COVID strictures thus far. Just last summer, an incredible 69 per cent of Canadians still favoured lockdowns as an appropriate response to rising COVID cases.

Blockades aside, Trudeau is now facing a joint House of Commons motion from the Conservative Party and the Bloc Québécois calling for an end to COVID-19 restrictions by the end of this month. He is also facing opposition to COVID strictures from within his own caucus. Quebec Liberal MP Joël Lightbound said in remarks this week that he "profoundly despises" Freedom Convoy, but that amidst ongoing lockdowns, "I've heard from parents worried to see their kids sink into depression and slowly lose their joy of living."

But in a Friday press conference, Trudeau did not mention any plan to end COVID strictures. "We're fighting a virus, we're not fighting each other," he said.

The Maru poll was conducted among a random selection of 1,506 Canadian adults who are Maru Voice Canada online panelists. A comparable probability survey of this size would have a margin of error of plus or minus 2.5 per cent, 19 times out of 20.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/this-could-cost-him-his-job-a-blockaded-canada-turning-on-trudeau-poll-finds">https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... poll-finds">https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/this-could-cost-him-his-job-a-blockaded-canada-turning-on-trudeau-poll-finds

Anonymous

And that is where it is moving. We want fewer if any restrictions and the blockades ended. They will not end voluntarily with the removal of all restrictions, and mandates. There are two reasons for that- 1, They have money to keep it going. 2. It is no longer about COVID.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=438945 time=1644689883 user_id=114
Trudeau is the reason these blockades are happening. He needs to end all federal COVID restrictions as other countries have, but at the same time end the illegal blockades. If he remains intrasigent, there will be members of his own Liberal Party calling for his resignation.

'The last time I've seen numbers close to this were in the final days of Brian Mulroney,' says Maru pollster

As Freedom Convoy marks its second week entrenched in the Canadian capital, a new poll is providing some of the clearest evidence yet that this affair could end up dealing a catastrophic blow to the leadership of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Although Canadians sympathize with the anti-mandate demands of Freedom Convoy, they increasingly hate the protests themselves. A new Maru Public Opinion poll found that 56 per cent of Canadians don't have an iota of sympathy for Freedom Convoy — and two thirds wouldn't mind seeing their blockades cleared by military force.

But Canadians are also turning their ire on a "weak" government response and an intransigent prime minister whom they blame for "inflaming" the situation. The Maru poll, which was conducted from Feb. 9 to 10, found that only 16 per cent of Canadians would vote for Trudeau based on his actions of the last two weeks.

"The last time I've seen numbers even close to this were in the final days of Brian Mulroney," said John Wright, executive vice-president of Maru Public Opinion and a 32-year industry veteran. "I think this could cost him his job."

Wright says poll numbers point to a misjudgment on both counts. Forty-four per cent of respondents believed that Trudeau's statements had "inflamed" the situation. While 53 per cent have said he "looked weak in the face of threats to the country."

Only 29 per cent of respondents said Trudeau "has acted like a Prime Minister should" in dealing with the truckers, while 48 per cent thought Trudeau was "not up to the job of being Prime Minister."

In the background of all this is a simmering frustration that the Trudeau government continues to hang onto harsh COVID restrictions even as governments around the world declare an end to the pandemic.

While Canadians are breaking faith with Freedom Convoy as a movement, they're increasingly on board with the protests' demands to end COVID strictures across Canada. A new Angus Reid Institute poll has found that 54 per cent of Canadians now support an immediate end to all COVID restrictions in favour of treating the disease more like the flu.

It's a stunning turnaround for a population that has been quite supportive of COVID strictures thus far. Just last summer, an incredible 69 per cent of Canadians still favoured lockdowns as an appropriate response to rising COVID cases.

Blockades aside, Trudeau is now facing a joint House of Commons motion from the Conservative Party and the Bloc Québécois calling for an end to COVID-19 restrictions by the end of this month. He is also facing opposition to COVID strictures from within his own caucus. Quebec Liberal MP Joël Lightbound said in remarks this week that he "profoundly despises" Freedom Convoy, but that amidst ongoing lockdowns, "I've heard from parents worried to see their kids sink into depression and slowly lose their joy of living."

But in a Friday press conference, Trudeau did not mention any plan to end COVID strictures. "We're fighting a virus, we're not fighting each other," he said.

The Maru poll was conducted among a random selection of 1,506 Canadian adults who are Maru Voice Canada online panelists. A comparable probability survey of this size would have a margin of error of plus or minus 2.5 per cent, 19 times out of 20.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/this-could-cost-him-his-job-a-blockaded-canada-turning-on-trudeau-poll-finds">https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... poll-finds">https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/this-could-cost-him-his-job-a-blockaded-canada-turning-on-trudeau-poll-finds

There seems to be a consensus developing in this country.....remove all restrictions and remove the blockades.

Bricktop

This is no longer about Covid.

This is about the failure of the democratic system to take into account the will of the people.

This is about governments appointed by "democracy" assuming that an electoral win means they can do as they wish.

The system is terminally broken, and Covid is a side issue in these protests. People no longer respect the results of elections and the overlords that benefit from them.

All around the world, leaders are demonised, despised and disrespected by those that disagree with their "politics". Obedient acceptance of election results are a thing of the past.

If one side wins, another will lose. And loss is not taken in good grace any more.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=438965 time=1644694505 user_id=3254
There seems to be a consensus developing in this country.....remove all restrictions and remove the blockades.

Doctors are now part of the consensus.

QuoteDoctors Say Canada's Travel Restrictions Are Obsolete

A group of Canadian doctors are calling on the federal government to remove "unnecessary and non-science-based obstacles to international travel," including pre-departure and on-arrival PCR tests for fully vaccinated travellers.

"COVID-19 testing at the border does not make any sense; travel is no more risky than other activities and there is no scientific reason to single it out," said Dr. Zain Chagla, Infectious Diseases Physician and Associate Professor at McMaster University.

"When first put in place, Canada's travel rules were designed to keep COVID-19 out of the country. Now that the virus is here and community spread is responsible for approximately 99 per cent of all infections, the rules governing travel are obsolete," Chagla continued.

https://ca.travelpulse.com/news/impacting-travel/doctors-say-canadas-travel-restrictions-are-obsolete.html">https://ca.travelpulse.com/news/impacti ... olete.html">https://ca.travelpulse.com/news/impacting-travel/doctors-say-canadas-travel-restrictions-are-obsolete.html

cc

Can't disagree with that

I am a classic example of how it hurt ... Try this one!!

I live 30 miles from my daughter in the US (Bellingham WA to be specific & I live virtually on the border to I 5) yet am unable to resume our previously often  lunch together in a nice restaurant

I guess phytologically, it hurts more because she is so close geographically .. a mere 15 minute drive for each of us to meet half way as we had done for many years before this mess
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Yet you decry efforts to end this madness.

I simply don't understand. Your tribulations are repeated throught Canada and are both unjust and unnecessary. Yet when someone tries to get the attention of an apathetic and incompetent leader you berate them.

What DO you want?

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=439024 time=1644710405 user_id=1560

I simply don't understand. Your tribulations are repeated throught Canada and are both unjust and unnecessary. Yet when someone tries to get the attention of an apathetic and incompetent leader you berate them.

What DO you want?

I was trying to have a constructive conversation  .. first with you, then IHJ

Give it up - Recently, you have been obsessively  going out of your way to repeat the same upside-down crap about me and keep ruining conversations with your bullshit

I strongly disagree with nor berate NO ONE beyond the nutcake conspiracist agitator creeps   who want total chaos & destruction  ... those whom I more laff at more than berate (i.e. those including the stupid Aussie you of late seem to have a love affair with  :confused1:

I'm sick of you constantly going out of your way to  accuse me of being what I am not  ... Get real or fuck the hell off and stew in your own juice alone

Did you hallucinate that  I peed in your porridge?  .....what is going on here? .. another conversation misguided-you destroyed

Gaon

Israel has partially cancelled the Green Pass. Israelis no longer have to flash pass at restaurants, movie theaters, gyms and hotels, but will still have to at events and dance clubs.
The Russian Rock It

cw_

Quote from: cc post_id=439025 time=1644710631 user_id=88
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=439024 time=1644710405 user_id=1560

What DO you want?

I was trying to have a constructive conversation  .. first with you, then IHJ

Give it up - Recently, you have been obsessively  going out of your way to repeat the same upside-down crap about me and keep ruining conversations with your bullshit

I strongly disagree with nor berate NO ONE beyond the nutcake conspiracist agitator creeps   who want total chaos & destruction  ... those whom I more laff at more than berate (i.e. those including the stupid Aussie you of late seem to have a love affair with  :confused1:

I'm sick of you constantly going out of your way to  accuse me of being what I am not  ... Get real or fuck the hell off and stew in your own juice alone

Did you hallucinate that  I peed in your porridge?  .....what is going on here? .. another conversation misguided-you destroyed

Before hysteric edit:

I was trying to have a constructive conversation

Give it up - You keep repeating the same upside-down crap and keep ruining conversation

I'm sick of you accusing me of being what I am not ... or fuck the hell off and stew in your own juice

After hysteric edit:

I was trying to have a constructive conversation

Give it up - You keep repeating the same upside-down crap about me and keep ruining conversations with your bullshit

I berate no one beyond the nutcake conspiracist agitator creeps who want total chaos ... whom I more laff at more than berate (i.e. those including the stupid Aussie you of late seem to have a love affair with :confused1:

I'm sick of you constantly going out of your way to accuse me of being what I am not ... Get real or fuck the hell off and stew in your own juice

another conversation misguided you destroyed

Hysteric edit #2

I was trying to have a constructive conversation .. first with you, then IHJ

Give it up - You keep going out of your way to repeat the same upside-down crap about me and keep ruining conversations with your bullshit

I strongly disagree with nor berate NO ONE beyond the nutcake conspiracist agitator creeps who want total chaos & destruction ... those whom I more laff at more than berate (i.e. those including the stupid Aussie you of late seem to have a love affair with :confused1:

I'm sick of you constantly going out of your way to accuse me of being what I am not ... Get real or fuck the hell off and stew in your own juice alone

Hysteric edit #3:

Give it up - You keep going out of your way to repeat the same upside-down crap about me and keep ruining conversations with your bullshit

I strongly disagree with nor berate NO ONE beyond the nutcake conspiracist agitator creeps who want total chaos & destruction ... those whom I more laff at more than berate (i.e. those including the stupid Aussie you of late seem to have a love affair with :confused1:

I'm sick of you constantly going out of your way to accuse me of being what I am not ... Get real or fuck the hell off and stew in your own juice alone

Hysteric edit #4:

Did you imagine I peed in your porridge? .....what is going on here? .. another conversation misguided you destroyed

cc

Quote from: Gaon post_id=439027 time=1644712833 user_id=3170
Israel has partially cancelled the Green Pass. Israelis no longer have to flash pass at restaurants, movie theaters, gyms and hotels, but will still have to at events and dance clubs.

Most of Canada is abandoning them

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=439025 time=1644710631 user_id=88
I strongly disagree with nor berate NO ONE beyond the nutcake conspiracist agitator creeps   who want total chaos & destruction

You just disagreed and berated someone who is trying to do something about your situation vis a vis your daughter.

Please provide evidence of their ambition to initiate total chaos and destruction.

You really need to take a break. You are sounding more and more hysterical.

Gaon

Quote from: cc post_id=439031 time=1644713993 user_id=88
Quote from: Gaon post_id=439027 time=1644712833 user_id=3170

Most of Canada is abandoning them

Most provinces still have them do they not?
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Thiel

Quote from: Edward post_id=439073 time=1644725196
I'm still behind Trudeau one hundred percent.

You are the one.
gay, conservative and proud

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview