Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Emergency Act Over

Started by cc, February 23, 2022, 04:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Emergency Act Over after 10 days

But, we know his true colors now .. like as though we didn't know this critter before  :wink:

Hopefully pulling this unneeded stunt will hurt him in the polls  .. "unneeded" & inappropriate  as every city or district has always had all the powers they need as evidenced in Windsor which merely got an injunction, pulled in RCMP help  and cleaned their house tout de suite .. and well before he played dictator and pulled this power stunt
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=441038 time=1645652435 user_id=88
Emergency Act Over

But, we know his true colors now .. like as though we didn't know this critter before  :wink:

Hopefully pulling this unneeded stunt will hurt him in the polls  .. "unneeded" & inappropriate  as every city or district has always had all the powers they need as evidenced in Windsor which merely got an injunction, pulled in RCMP help  and cleaned their house tout de suite .. and well before he played dictator

Using EMA set a dangerous precedent..

The bar has been set very low.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=441042 time=1645653039 user_id=3254
Emergency Act Over

Hopefully pulling this unneeded stunt will hurt him in the polls  .. "unneeded" & inappropriate  as every city or district has always had all the powers they need as evidenced in Windsor which merely got an injunction, pulled in RCMP help  and cleaned their house tout de suite .. and well before he played dictator

Quite true. It will hang in the air as a threat for a very long time

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=441043 time=1645653173 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=441042 time=1645653039 user_id=3254
Emergency Act Over

Quite true. It will hang in the air as a threat for a very long time

Anti pipeline and BLM protests or even riots will never have to worry. They can occupy infrastructure, burn building, destroy statues and attack people knowing Ottawa progressives have their criminal backs.

cc

Exactly

His pet causes always run free

Oliver Clotheshoffe

He'll forever be known for enabling war powers over a "small fringe minority". One way or another he's gone.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Frood

I hope that dictator lil prick bleeds to death from his rectum...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=441061 time=1645658028 user_id=3349
He'll forever be known for enabling war powers over a "small fringe minority". One way or another he's gone.

I would like to believe that, but six months from now the Canadian electorate will have forgotten about this.

Anonymous

I would like to believe that, but six months from now the Canadian electorate will have forgotten about this.

Bricktop

It's easy to predict a politicians demise from a position of outrage at his or her actions.

But as I keep saying, he's only gone if his personal support collapses. Those that are no fan of his are never going to change their minds. The issue is how his conduct impacts on those that ARE his fans, or are non-commital (in modern democracies this group of sway voters is shrinking everywhere).

I'm not in Canada, as cc  is want to constantly remind me on the apparent assumption that I'm not aware of that, so have no way of sensing the mood of all Canadians. If I watch the more conservative news broadcasts, "He's gone" is a common prediction.

However, on the other side I'm sure he's being lauded as a saviour from anarchic tyranny.

I believe his actions will EITHER turn the swing voters against him, OR make him even more popular. Both options are on the table.

As others have mentioned, this fracas will become a distant memory in 6 months time. The challenge for his opponents is keeping it fresh in the minds of voters until the next election and hoping it will be seen as a negative.

cc

Like as though we don't know all that politics 101

Stop fretting about Canada ... We will be OK  

Maybe fixate on fixing  your own country instead

Frkn Drama Queens about Canada abound in Oz ... sigh  :oeudC:

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=441068 time=1645659480 user_id=1560

But as I keep saying, he's only gone if his personal support collapses. Those that are no fan of his are never going to change their minds. The issue is how his conduct impacts on those that ARE his fans, or are non-commital (in modern democracies this group of sway voters is shrinking everywhere).

Justin Trudeau's party won 32.6 percent of the vote. The Tores with the most ineffectual leader any party could possibly have got 33.7 percent of the vote.

Trudeau doesn't really have fans. He counts on a compliant media he has bought with our money and Conservative Party members continuing to pick weak leaders. If they break that habit this time, Trudeau will be a part time high school drama teacher again after the next election.

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=441072 time=1645660546 user_id=88
Like as though we don't know all that politics 101

Stop fretting about Canada ... We will be OK  

Maybe fixate on fixing  your own country instead

Frkn Drama Queens about Canada abound in Oz ... sigh  :oeudC:

And yet 90% of YOUR posts and threads you submit are about C A N A D A!!!

If you do not want members of a forum to address issues raised in the forum, shut the fuck up about C A N A D A.

YOU'RE the C A N A D I A N drama queen, buttercup.

Bricktop

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=441074 time=1645661114 user_id=114
If they break that habit this time,

Why should they?