Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Cost of living, rising inflation

Started by Gaon, March 22, 2022, 09:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=444396 time=1648061561 user_id=2015
If there is a silver lining, anyone looking to sell used vehicles will get a better price than they would have two years ago.

Not if you trade it in.

Anonymous

Russia and Ukraine are two of the world's largest wheat exporters. The two nations account for about 28 per cent of the world's wheat exports, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.

An ING analysis suggests about three-quarters — about 18 million metric tonnes — of Ukraine's harvest from last year has already been shipped. With ports closed, the remaining quarter will likely remain in the country, and the export of Ukraine's spring harvest is in question. Similar uncertainties about the export and sale of Russia's wheat also remain.

The disruption to those two countries represents a significant cut in the availability of wheat. And so, as a result, prices jumped up dramatically, it increased by about 50 per cent since Russia invaded Ukraine.

Frood

If there is a silver lining, anyone looking to sell used vehicles will get a better price than they would have two years ago.

I paid 45k for my vehicle in 2015 (October).

I could sell it for the same in 2022 despite it only doing 98 thousand kilometres.

But the same vehicle now in 2022 year new is going for much more...

So hyperinflation and a unavailability of new rigs.

Why would I ever fucking trade up? My vehicle has got 400k's more to go.... and it's got no of the emissions legislation crap tech attached to it.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=444771 time=1648306730 user_id=114
Russia and Ukraine are two of the world's largest wheat exporters. The two nations account for about 28 per cent of the world's wheat exports, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.

An ING analysis suggests about three-quarters — about 18 million metric tonnes — of Ukraine's harvest from last year has already been shipped. With ports closed, the remaining quarter will likely remain in the country, and the export of Ukraine's spring harvest is in question. Similar uncertainties about the export and sale of Russia's wheat also remain.

The disruption to those two countries represents a significant cut in the availability of wheat. And so, as a result, prices jumped up dramatically, it increased by about 50 per cent since Russia invaded Ukraine.

Far away wheat nations won't be shielded by the deficit... politicians here and abroad will pass on the cost in media bytes like they do when fossil fuels rise (but seldom lower)....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=444827 time=1648385441 user_id=1676

I could sell it for the same in 2022 despite it only doing 98 thousand kilometres.

Why would I ever fucking trade up? My vehicle has got 400k's more to go.... and it's got no of the emissions legislation crap tech attached to it.

I want to trade in my Jetta. But, I love my ride.

Gaon

Gas over $2 a litre. Average house price of $2.3 million dollars. Monthly rent increase of 20%. Grocery bills soaring.

John Horgan's response: "I don't understand this affordability stuff"
The Russian Rock It

Frood

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=444843 time=1648405158 user_id=114

I'd be keeping the bills down and avoiding big purchases.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=444962 time=1648523399 user_id=1676
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=444843 time=1648405158 user_id=114

I'd be keeping the bills down and avoiding big purchases.

I believe Seoul is very good at managing money.

Anonymous

Quote from: Gaon post_id=444960 time=1648522061 user_id=3170
Gas over $2 a litre. Average house price of $2.3 million dollars. Monthly rent increase of 20%. Grocery bills soaring.

Another out of touch prog politician.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=444980 time=1648575224 user_id=2015
Quote from: Gaon post_id=444960 time=1648522061 user_id=3170

Another out of touch prog politician.

BC is for the rich and their leaders think that's acceptable.

Anonymous

I believe the current price of oil is sustainable, though artificially inflated. The ESG movement, and anti-oil hysteria in Canada and the US have had a negative affect on supplies, leading to higher crude prices leading to inflation. This is utter madness for a product we will be using for almost all products in the year 2100.

The world has plunged into a deep, enduring energy crisis that may threaten the economy for years to come

Investment in oil projects peaked in 2014 and is now at only half that level despite the oil price having fully recovered since then. This investment-risk aversion, combined with the rise of environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) investing, numerous divestment initiatives, restrictive access to bank lending, and combative energy policy decisions, such as the passage of Bill C-69 in Canada and the ending of the Keystone XL pipeline in the U.S., have all served to perpetuate chronic underinvestment in new projects, resulting in structural barriers to oil production growth.

Looking at Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) inventory levels, a metric more commonly used by the mainstream, inventory levels are now in material deficit compared to levels last seen between 2010 and 2014, a time when WTI averaged around US$100 per barrel, and have fallen since their peak levels in July 2020 by an incredible 600 million barrels, representing the greatest collapse in history.  

What makes the backdrop today substantially mWhat makes the backdrop today substantially more bullish than in 2010-2014 is that demand today is higher by roughly 10 million barrels per day, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is nearing the exhaustion of its spare capacity, and we are eight years into a lack of sufficient investment in new productive capacity by the supermajors.ore bullish than in 2010-2014 is that demand today is higher by roughly 10 million barrels per day, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is nearing the exhaustion of its spare capacity, and we are eight years into a lack of sufficient investment in new productive capacity by the supermajors.

With OPEC's spare capacity nearing zero in the coming months, lost production from Russia is simply irreplaceable, arguing for the necessity for "security of supply" premium in the oil price going forward.

https://financialpost.com/commodities/energy/oil-gas/eric-nuttall-the-world-has-plunged-into-a-deep-enduring-energy-crisis-that-may-threaten-the-economy-for-years-to-come?fbclid=IwAR0t5G3tX0r8iMIl_9csx5t4uK4A89Ue_OTQZXd2_-RimYsUXPuUn5ZBBLY">https://financialpost.com/commodities/e ... PuUn5ZBBLY">https://financialpost.com/commodities/energy/oil-gas/eric-nuttall-the-world-has-plunged-into-a-deep-enduring-energy-crisis-that-may-threaten-the-economy-for-years-to-come?fbclid=IwAR0t5G3tX0r8iMIl_9csx5t4uK4A89Ue_OTQZXd2_-RimYsUXPuUn5ZBBLY

Anonymous

Joe Biden, Justin Trudeau and the EU have deliberately driven inflation through their climate policies that have failed.

Anonymous

Gasoline dropped 11 cents a litre in the Czuk. Everywhere else in Canada it went up happy April Fool's Day Canada. Thanks True Dope.

Anonymous

Gas was up three cents today in Kindersley.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Gas hasn't gone up yet around here... it hasn't gone down either.
Life is too short to be in a hurry