The best topic

Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Cost of living, rising inflation

Started by Gaon, March 22, 2022, 09:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=445259 time=1648848947 user_id=3349
Gas hasn't gone up yet around here... it hasn't gone down either.

You aint got a federal carbon tax that went up twenty five percent overnight.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=445249 time=1648844023 user_id=56
Gasoline dropped 11 cents a litre in the Czuk. Everywhere else in Canada it went up happy April Fool's Day Canada. Thanks True Dope.

We got relief today, but the rest of the country got a slap in the face.

Anonymous

I don't know how much gasoline went up here. I'll find out tomorrow when I fill up.

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyqr2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/277766974_10158606542830869_955470806655203131_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=8ngS208yOKsAX9BR-9P&_nc_ht=scontent.fyqr2-1.fna&oh=00_AT9a1T87EyOgXeLBuvqtho3zsNoCZMW1l2B5QgovS4NGEg&oe=624C8B18">

cc

https://torontosun.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-canadas-economic-growth-dead-last">EDITORIAL: Canada's economic growth dead last (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development )

As Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland puts the finishing touches on her 2022-23 budget to be unveiled Thursday, she should focus on a report predicting Canada's economic growth is poised to be dead last among advanced countries for four decades.

Highlighted recently by the Business Council of B.C., the report by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development paints a dismal picture of Canada's real GDP growth per capita up to 2060, largely because of weak labour productivity.

Productivity is driven by businesses investing in new technologies, making work more efficient, thus increasing economic output, a key driver of living standards for Canadians.

David Williams, vice-president of policy at the B.C. Business Council, wrote recently that the OECD report predicts Canada's real GDP growth per capita from 2020-30 will be just 0.7% annually, dead last among the 38 comparable nations of the OECD.

It doesn't get much better after that, with the OECD pegging Canada's growth per capita from 2030-60 at 0.8% annually, again last among OECD members.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=445481 time=1649012929 user_id=88
EDITORIAL]

As Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland puts the finishing touches on her 2022-23 budget to be unveiled Thursday, she should focus on a report predicting Canada's economic growth is poised to be dead last among advanced countries for four decades.

Highlighted recently by the Business Council of B.C., the report by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development paints a dismal picture of Canada's real GDP growth per capita up to 2060, largely because of weak labour productivity.

Productivity is driven by businesses investing in new technologies, making work more efficient, thus increasing economic output, a key driver of living standards for Canadians.

David Williams, vice-president of policy at the B.C. Business Council, wrote recently that the OECD report predicts Canada's real GDP growth per capita from 2020-30 will be just 0.7% annually, dead last among the 38 comparable nations of the OECD.

It doesn't get much better after that, with the OECD pegging Canada's growth per capita from 2030-60 at 0.8% annually, again last among OECD members.

It's depressing, but I'm not surprised.

cc

This did not have to be. Trudy's "airy fairy" priorities) all of which hurt the country economically) are 100 % the cause of Canada's economic failures

Without his country-destructive priorities, Canada has the resources, the people, the science etc, (all of the elements) to be a leader if not in fact "the" leader

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=445489 time=1649019517 user_id=88
This did not have to be. Trudy's "airy fairy" priorities) all of which hurt the country economically) are 100 % the cause of Canada's economic failures

Without his country-destructive priorities, Canada has the resources, the people, the science etc, (all of the elements) to be a leader if not in fact "the" leader

We traded all of that for climate leadership.

cc

https://blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/food-shortages.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=445558 time=1649090820 user_id=88

And you have the satisfaction that you are eliminating feral pests.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=445561 time=1649091860 user_id=2015
Quote from: cc post_id=445558 time=1649090820 user_id=88

And you have the satisfaction that you are eliminating feral pests.

True. It's a win / win

Anonymous

I don't have a problem with vegetarians so long as they don't impose their dietary choices on everybody.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Vegans make me wonder what's up with these "impossible" burgers and sandwiches. If you're a vegan that doesn't like meat why would you eat something that tastes like meat?
Life is too short to be in a hurry

cc

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=445571 time=1649103601 user_id=3349
Vegans make me wonder what's up with these "impossible" burgers and sandwiches. If you're a vegan that doesn't like meat why would you eat something that tastes like meat?

That's a good point. They do tend to be a tad bonkers & contradictory ... much less most commonly general judgmental pains

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=445571 time=1649103601 user_id=3349

They like the taste, but they are morally opposed to eating any animals.