Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Cost of living, rising inflation

Started by Gaon, March 22, 2022, 09:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=448472 time=1651287182 user_id=3254
I know people in Shanghai right now, but I don't know them very well to ask about what's going on..

Shen knows a lot of people in Shanghai, perhaps she can enlighten us beyond Western propaganda.

First of all, I think what Shanghai is doing is insane. Zero cases hasn't worked anywhere.

The worst part of all of it is if one new case happens in one area, that entire area is under quarantine for fourteen days. Then there is the usual price gouging of food from online retalilers.

It's all nuts, and I strongly condemn the overzealous actions of Shanghai authorities. They are destroying a great city.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=448475 time=1651288684 user_id=56
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=448472 time=1651287182 user_id=3254
I know people in Shanghai right now, but I don't know them very well to ask about what's going on..

Shen knows a lot of people in Shanghai, perhaps she can enlighten us beyond Western propaganda.

First of all, I think what Shanghai is doing is insane. Zero cases hasn't worked anywhere.

The worst part of all of it is if one new case happens in one area, that entire area is under quarantine for fourteen days. Then there is the usual price gouging of food from online retalilers.

It's all nuts, and I strongly condemn the overzealous actions of Shanghai authorities. They are destroying a great city.

What's actually happening on the ground, I think we can all agree that the authorities are overreacting.

Anonymous

Shanghai's lockdown is even more harsh than the city of Melbourne. The longer it goes on the more it will negatively impact China's economy, Asia's economy and the world's economy.

In the past, China enacted harsh lockdowns, but for shorter times than in the West. I'm not so sure they will do that this time.

Anonymous

Whatever is happening in China is not good.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=448484 time=1651319542 user_id=114
Shanghai's lockdown is even more harsh than the city of Melbourne. The longer it goes on the more it will negatively impact China's economy, Asia's economy and the world's economy.

In the past, China enacted harsh lockdowns, but for shorter times than in the West. I'm not so sure they will do that this time.

Yes, that's what the city of Wuhan did.

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyqr2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/279377791_10158525759566847_1202420488184550108_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=5cZ47a5uqnwAX_FH9zK&tn=DsldR9XKL_qWJDFh&_nc_ht=scontent.fyqr2-1.fna&oh=00_AT92eCJmt8ZtC9w6PSs1FHGAnRxwbwk8Y2YrG-1AmfD0qw&oe=6273F892">

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyqr2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/279941476_10209799566141594_3675370921634497510_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p843x403&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=FjKWhLZ3XhgAX-pd5CR&_nc_oc=AQmfg-6nNN9o_FPOQNWI-C5HiUK684yVV_VB0-ZenUU_0F3JtD0SvZbqMyH0ST623zw&_nc_ht=scontent.fyqr2-1.fna&oh=00_AT_wJt5gvcNOsMOPT_Vzg0PwqZAZIxHL950DifPWLEp6jw&oe=6282A9F4">

Thiel

Quote from: Herman post_id=449925 time=1652404692 user_id=1689
https://scontent.fyqr2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/279941476_10209799566141594_3675370921634497510_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p843x403&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=FjKWhLZ3XhgAX-pd5CR&_nc_oc=AQmfg-6nNN9o_FPOQNWI-C5HiUK684yVV_VB0-ZenUU_0F3JtD0SvZbqMyH0ST623zw&_nc_ht=scontent.fyqr2-1.fna&oh=00_AT_wJt5gvcNOsMOPT_Vzg0PwqZAZIxHL950DifPWLEp6jw&oe=6282A9F4">

It's easier for the people to make ends meet when the government can without charging more.
gay, conservative and proud

Breakfall

I was halfway through a business management degree when my first wife fell pregnant in my mid-twenties. I quit that degree and put my nose to the grindstone. My dreams were put on ice. Years later I opened a new business with my soulmate and second wife...and COVID inadvertently destroyed any chance of us succeeding in that particular business venture.I went back to freelancing and we adapted to the changes. There is money to be made out there...no matter what. One needs to tap into every avenue that their being can muster to make that difference. Just break down the barriers. I'm semi-retired at 50 and have work coming out my ears in basically a global recession. Choose smart and work smart is my advice.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=449971 time=1652453822 user_id=3358
I was halfway through a business management degree when my first wife fell pregnant in my mid-twenties. I quit that degree and put my nose to the grindstone. My dreams were put on ice. Years later I opened a new business with my soulmate and second wife...and COVID inadvertently destroyed any chance of us succeeding in that particular business venture.I went back to freelancing and we adapted to the changes. There is money to be made out there...no matter what. One needs to tap into every avenue that their being can muster to make that difference. Just break dolwn the barriers. I'm semi-retired at 50 and have work coming out my ears in basically a global recession. Choose smart and work smart is my advice.

There are jobs and opportunities here too. But, due to stupid governments not as much as there could be. It doesn't matter anyway because the inflation they caused is making earnings worthless.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=449975 time=1652458752 user_id=2015
I was halfway through a business management degree when my first wife fell pregnant in my mid-twenties. I quit that degree and put my nose to the grindstone. My dreams were put on ice. Years later I opened a new business with my soulmate and second wife...and COVID inadvertently destroyed any chance of us succeeding in that particular business venture.I went back to freelancing and we adapted to the changes. There is money to be made out there...no matter what. One needs to tap into every avenue that their being can muster to make that difference. Just break dolwn the barriers. I'm semi-retired at 50 and have work coming out my ears in basically a global recession. Choose smart and work smart is my advice.

There are jobs and opportunities here too. But, due to stupid governments not as much as there could be. It doesn't matter anyway because the inflation they caused is making earnings worthless.

Too much ideology and not enough pragmatism.

Breakfall

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=449975 time=1652458752 user_id=2015

Inflation has always been a reality for so many. But instead of giving up and accepting it, one needs to rise above it. A career change perhaps, further studies to secure a better future? It's never too late to reinvent one's self no matter one's age...as long as they still have their basic faculties about them. A good partnership with your loved one also helps. Just don't go into business with family...it's bound to bite you in the arse.

Frood

Run away inflation or hyperinflation can't be combated easily.

Look at Venezuela, Zimbabwe, Argentina for decades now, Greece, Sri Lanka, and the USSR at the end. A Russian newspaper was leaving unmarked squares the size of cigarette papers to boost its sales at one point and bread lines went for blocks.

This isn't just a case of mismanagement.... it's an intentional squeeze.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=450008 time=1652488075 user_id=1676
Run away inflation or hyperinflation can't be combated easily.

Look at Venezuela, Zimbabwe, Argentina for decades now, Greece, Sri Lanka, and the USSR at the end. A Russian newspaper was leaving unmarked squares the size of cigarette papers to boost its sales at one point and bread lines went for blocks.

This isn't just a case of mismanagement.... it's an intentional squeeze.

Seoul warned that inflation was comng at the start of the pandemic when governments poured so much money into the economy and shut everything down.

Frood

Fiat money is being printed into worthless territory.

I see people pointing at crypto the last week and laughing but a good portion of crypto have a finite supply....ie no crypto printing presses except with new shitcoin creations in a roundabout way.
Blahhhhhh...