Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

1984 > Biden thinks he's Trudy - Creates 'Disinformation Governance Board'

Started by cc, April 27, 2022, 05:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=450217 time=1652656224 user_id=114
Quote from: cc post_id=450207 time=1652645674 user_id=88
Disinformation is not a party thing. It's the wacky power mad  uber left controlling everything including almost total control of information

Even a total 180 change in an election would not change that nor change it's effectiveness as it's in embedded in every place of power .. judiciaries, school boards ... every place it can be used  .. all of which are impervious to the politics of the day

But, Dem voters are more likely to support a Disinformation Board than GOP voters. The GOP still has a Ron Paul wing.

My initial words were poorly employed and gave the wrong impression relative to what i meant

In fact,  support is unlikely from any on the right, not just libertarians

By "Disinformation is not a party thing" I meant that it extended to all areas of govt, law, education, science, etc. etc. ... and they are "embedded"  and are hard to get rid of.

Even an overwhelming election will not rid us of them. That would take years, even decades
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=450274 time=1652728166 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=450217 time=1652656224 user_id=114
Quote from: cc post_id=450207 time=1652645674 user_id=88
Disinformation is not a party thing. It's the wacky power mad  uber left controlling everything including almost total control of information

Even a total 180 change in an election would not change that nor change it's effectiveness as it's in embedded in every place of power .. judiciaries, school boards ... every place it can be used  .. all of which are impervious to the politics of the day

But, Dem voters are more likely to support a Disinformation Board than GOP voters. The GOP still has a Ron Paul wing.

My initial words were poorly employed and gave the wrong impression relative to what i meant

By "Disinformation is not a party thing" I meant that it extended to all areas of govt, law, education, science, etc. etc. ... and they are "embedded"  and are hard to get rid of.

Even an overwhelming election will not rid us of them. That would take years, even decades

It's institutional.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=450283 time=1652734900 user_id=3254

It's institutional.

Yes it is. Which means it's  ingrained for a very long time & virtually immune to election results
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=450290 time=1652737653 user_id=88

It's institutional.

Yes it is. Which means it's  ingrained for a very long time & virtually immune to election results

There is a shitload of rot in DC. And it aint just congress and the white house.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=450309 time=1652753273 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=450290 time=1652737653 user_id=88

It's institutional.

There is a shitload of rot in DC. And it aint just congress and the white house.

I assume you mean the deep state?

Anonymous

Work on the Biden administration's controversial Disinformation Governance Board was paused about three weeks after it was announced by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), according to the person hired to run the panel.

The move comes amid concerns that the board would be weaponized by the administration against dissenting voices.

Nina Jankowicz, who was tapped by the White House to be in charge of the newly created board, told news outlets on May 18 that she's submitted her resignation. In that statement, Jankowicz also confirmed that the board's "work [is] paused" and "its future uncertain."

Anonymous

Is Mike Rowe spreading disinformation.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/mike-rowe-dirty-jobs-permit?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202022-05-25&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/mike-rowe ... Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/mike-rowe-dirty-jobs-permit?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202022-05-25&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM

Mike Rowe, beloved host of TV show "Dirty Jobs," said the federal government revoked permits to film an episode of his show at the last minute — allegedly over Rowe's "personal politics."

What are the details?

Rowe on Monday outlined the issue in detail on Facebook, saying the Government Services Administration "suddenly revoked our permit" as the agency "oversees the location" where the episode on boilermakers was to be filmed.

The host said "Dirty Jobs" was required to apply for permits "months ago," and after receiving them, "we were assured several times over the last few months that everything was still good to go."

Mike Rowe, beloved host of TV show "Dirty Jobs," said the federal government revoked permits to film an episode of his show at the last minute — allegedly over Rowe's "personal politics."

What are the details?

Rowe on Monday outlined the issue in detail on Facebook, saying the Government Services Administration "suddenly revoked our permit" as the agency "oversees the location" where the episode on boilermakers was to be filmed.

The host said "Dirty Jobs" was required to apply for permits "months ago," and after receiving them, "we were assured several times over the last few months that everything was still good to go."

"Over the last twenty years, Dirty Jobs has filmed in many sensitive environments under government control. We've received permits from the Army, Navy, Air Force, Seabees, Coast Guard, NASA, and The Army Corps of Engineers," he noted. "We've gotten permission to film inside the Capitol and a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier. We even got a permit to film inside the National Security Agency! In all cases, we worked closely and in good faith with the government and scrupulously avoided any areas that were deemed sensitive or secure. Never once in twenty years has the government revoked a permit — much less at the last minute, and with no plausible explanation."

'Personal politics'

The host added that his production team also received a phone call from someone at the highest levels of the GSA who claimed the decision had "nothing to do with security, and everything to do with politics." The caller — apparently also a GSA higher-up — said someone in the agency "doesn't like Mike Rowe's personal politics" and deliberately set out to "string us along until the last possible second, for the express purpose of 'yanking my chain.'"